I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Halloween Potion Books and Frames

Welcome!!

In previous posts, I have been sharing some of the Halloween crafts that I have been making.......
I will be doing an Edgar Allen Poe "The Raven" themed display on my Dining Room buffet his year and I decided to make a few things for it......

I already shared the Potion Bottles that I made....
If you missed these posts......
Click HERE........
And HERE......

In this post, I will be sharing potion books and framed Halloween art.........
I had bought a few black frames at a yard sale some time back.......

Several years ago, I chose to do an Edgar Allen Poe Raven themed table at our church's Harvest Tea.....
I still had some of the graphic art that I had used for this themed table left over so I decided to frame them.......
You can see I added keys and locks to the frames.......
I found them in my scrap book stash....... I picked them up when our local A.C.Moore went out of business a few years ago.......
I thought they went well with the"tapping and rapping at the door" which I figured was locked!!
I found the graphics on Google images when I had searched "The Raven"
This frame was another yard sale find that I added some glitter to.......

I found this image on Google images also........
  I glued a silver leaf applique to this frame......
 I wanted to make a Potion Book and looked on Pinterest and found a tutorial.......
I found a book with a black cover and yellowed pages at our church flea market.......
It cost 50 cents.......

I copied the graphics from the tutorial......
And used spray adhesive to adhere them to the book pages......
Then I simply wet the edges of the pages to curl them!!!
Click HERE for the tutorial..........

I used spray adhesive instead of decoupaging the graphics to the book as the tutorial instructed.......
I was lucky enough to find another book in the colors that I was looking for........
I once again copied the graphics from Google Images and used spray adhesive to adhere it to the front of the book.......
I also used paper that I had for the binding and wrote a title that I saw in another graphic on it........
I had a lot of fun creating these items for my new Halloween display for my buffet.......
So much fun that I created a few more Halloween items......
 I will be sharing them in my next post.......

So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Halloween Blog Hop

Hauntingly Beautiful Decor Halloween Link Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Feathered Nest Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. You are just having way toooo much fun getting everything ready to create your Halloween buffet....lol! Love the books....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...BOOoooo...Halloween is a fun time and my favorite (right behind Christmas) when I was young. I don't decorate much but have fun with what we do...
    Thanks for coming by...Since Mr. Sweet got sick in Feb and passed in July, my heart and mind were elsewhere other than blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh....love this!!! I try to have a Halloween party every year in our neighborhood because it gives my kids as well as all of the kids in the neighborhood an extra chance to wear their costumes. They also miss a lot of the kids on Halloween night because they are so focused on candy that they can't even stop to say hello. As my kids are getting older though they have more ideas and energy to put into this party:) They would love to start crafting some of these adorably creepy ideas!! These would also be fun to set up on a haunted basement walk through. Thanks so much..love it! Pinning:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you've done with your Raven themed Halloween decor Debbie. All the little things that you've used makes it looks so special and creepy. Those potion and spell books have got to be my favorites though. They look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using Edgar Allen Poe as a jumping off point for your Halloween decor is pure genius. Nothing says macabre quite like Poe. A clever and creative take on a spooky occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The books are going to be such a fun addition to your display Debbie. I bet you are chomping at the bits to get going on it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such clever ideas - you sure do get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the detail you added, Debbie and the Edgar Allen Poe stuff is great! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool, love the book, everything together looks totally amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these! The graphics you used are fantastic. Thank you for sharing them at Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great ideas using the Halloween graphics! They make the perfect decor for the occasion and look great with those potion bottles.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...