I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Potion Bottles for Halloween, Part 2!!



  Welcome!!!

Today, I will be sharing the rest of the Halloween Potion Bottles that I made!!!
But first, I want to Thank Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring  my post, Garden Update and Damage after a Storm, from last week's Home and Garden Thursday Party!!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!!

Please stop by and link up o this lovely party!!

As I mentioned in my last post, I will be giving my Halloween Village that I bought many years ago when my sons were children to my great nieces Cortney, Caitlin and Carly to enjoy!!
 This is Cortney ( 10th grade), Caitlin ( 7th grade) and Carly ( 3rd grade), already for their first day of school!!!
 I will now have the entire buffet to play with since I will be moving my Halloween Tree to another area in the Dining Room........

I have been busy crafting a few things for the new Halloween display that I will be setting up on the buffet........
 I will be going with an Edgar Allen Poe Raven theme...........
   I will be sharing more of these items in future posts........

All of these will tie in nicely with this candelabra that I bought in Gabes for $2.99!!!
 And this typewriter that I bought in Marshall's for $14.99!!!
  Have you noticed in Micheal's and in other stores, all the glitzy potion bottles?????

I decided to make my own!!

It all started with a few Potion bottles........
 In my last post, I shared how I created these Halloween Potion Bottles.......
   Click HERE if you missed it...........

 In this post, I will be sharing the rest of the Potion Bottles that I made.......
I started by collecting a few glass bottles in different shapes.......

I then spray painted them black and white.....
I had printed out these labels last year when I decided to do this project......
I do not remember where I found them online so if you recognize these, please let me know the site so I can add a link and credit the site!!
 
UPdate: Thanks to Angie, over at Ambient Wares, I want to give credit to Amanda, over at Domestically Creative, for featuring these labels on a post that she did in 2015.

Click HERE to see that post and get the template for the labels!! Thanks, Amanda for posting this!!

And Thanks Angie for tracking down the post so I could give Amanda the credit!!!


I decoupaged the labels onto the bottles........
I then "dabbled" with them a bit ...........
I added silver and rhinestone like trims......
I painted the lids of the black bottles white for contrast........
I bought a pack of 20 crystals at Michael's last week on Clearance for $1.79.......
I glued them to the stoppers of the bottles as well as on to some bottles.....
I found the half moon crystal that I glued on to this bottle in my stash.......

I glued a vintage earring to this one........
I love the shapes of these bottles......
Once I bring down my Halloween decorations from the attic, I will glue a spider or a small mouse to the topper of this bottle.......
I can't wait to set up my new Halloween display on my Dining Room buffet.........
In my next post, I will be sharing a few more of the items that I crafted for Halloween......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Hauntingly Beautiful Decor Halloween Link Party

 Halloween Blog Hop

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Feathered Nest Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

19 comments:

  1. Sweet girls dressed for school and look happy to be doing so. My heavens how many bottles do you have? Do you fill them with anything?
    I can handle anything except the slime of frog and hold the arsenic. So much fun you are having I know. I love making a few to sit around also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb. This post is a hoot!!! You will see why I say that when The Cottage Witch comes around. Love all the bottles you have crafted. What a classic and great diy project. Your little nieces will be thrilled to get the village, I imagine. Have a wonderful weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bottles for Halloween, Debbie. I really like you. And your nieces are so pretty! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Hiss of Cat! Ha! I love how you have crafted all of these gorgeous bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of bottle was that Slime of frog? I love all of them, but that one's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie I have been an admirer of your decor for many years. Are you on Instagram at all? Lots of love Richard Bedford, England

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard,
      Thanks so much for your kind words!! Unfortunately, with working, I do not have the time for Instagram. I could not reach you any other way so i am responding here. I hope you see this so you will know how much I appreciated your comment!! Thank so much for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Debbie, Your bottles are fantastic! I made some this year, but they are a little more "creepy" than your awesome bottle display! Love the spell books too! Thanks for sharing with us. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie! Wow! I love your bottles, so creative. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bottles are really neat. Very goth!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, you have been having so much fun! I always do a little Nevermore and bottle display for Halloween. Your bottles turned out fabulously! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your bottles and I want those labels so bad, I did a Google search. It looks like they're by Amanda at Domestically Creative http://domesticallycreative.com/how-to-make-poison-labels-in-picmonkey/ Great idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Funtastic Friday, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, you did a great job on these! Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie, Your potion bottles are just perfect! They are going to look fantastic in your display. Thank you for sharing them at Party in Your PJs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Debbie. Just letting you know that we chose your awesome potion bottles to feature at Party in Your PJs 174! Hope you will join us again: http://twochicksandamom.blogspot.com/2017/09/party-in-your-pjs-174.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little bottles look gorgeous!!!! They look like the came directly from the past... Kisses and Hugs my sweet blog friend :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete
  16. You might have got printed patterns for labels from the Idea Room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I could not reach you any other way so I am responding here
      HUgs.
      Debbie

      Delete
  17. Love the potions book! These are such great shares for the Hauntingly Beautiful Decor Linky party!
    Amber at followtheyellowbrickhome.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...