I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

"Victoria" on PBS

 I am a huge fan of "Victoria" on PBS!!!
This is the Time Period that I love and the sets and costumes are amazing!!!
The show not only tells the story of Queen Victoria but also shows what it was like to be a servant in the Queen's household and the relationships that develop .......
 Jena Coleman, of Dr. Who fame, is cast as Victoria.........
 Click HERE to see the video about Jena Coleman's thoughts about "Victoria"
 
Victoria and Albert's romance was epic!!

Please Click  HERE view a Video that showcases the Set of Victoria!!

If you  missed the 1st Season of "Victoria" on PBS, you have a chance to catch up on Sunday, Feb.26th!!

Starting at 4pm ( EST), PBS will be airing all the episodes from Season 1 in succession.

The Season Finale will be aired on the following Sunday, March 5th

Please click HERE to view The Official Trailer for the Series

If you liked Downton Abbey, I think you will love "Victoria"!!

Thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

I am linking this post up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange
The Homemaking Party
TaDa Thursday Link Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

28 comments:

  1. Thank you Debbie for letting us know about the Victoria marathon on Sunday. I haven't seen any of it yet so I will definitely tune in. I loved Downton Abbey and Queen Victoria was well loved the world over as well as here in Canada. We belong to the British Commonwealth so we are always interested in the royals and British history in general. I also have an uncle who moved to Canada from the old country and he still has a strong accent. It's great fun listening to his stories about England. Thanks for your visit and have a beautiful day, my friend.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Queen Victoria, her period, her life, her dresses... Thanks for the suggestion about her
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, I have heard a lot of references about Victoria but didn't get to it on time so didn't watch it. Thanks for the info I am going to set the DVR. I loved Downton Abbey and was so sorry it was over..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like very much to watch the epic movies and series. That time, that dresses, that epic love, I really enjoy it. Thank you for sharring with us this beatiuful series. I am from Serbia and unfortunetly I didn't have PBS Tv, but I will search on the internet for watching online. Great gretting from Serbia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the time period I love also! I look forward to viewing this series very much! Also, thank you for sharing with us this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still trying to get interested in this but not working so far. I miss Downton Abbey and hope a movie is made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,
    My husband and I also love this series, and look so forward to it every week.
    We also loved the Crown and Downton Abbey. These are all really great series,
    and gives you such a taste of what life was like back then.
    Hope this finds you doing well hon,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been enjoying the Victoria series from the beginning. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Victoria.. and have been enjoying it so much after Downtown Abby is over. Its also such a great love tale..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie, I am really enjoying Victoria too! Such good acting! Prince Albert looks like Prince, you know-the singer who just passed away a while back. :( Prince Albert is quite handsome, and Victoria is beautiful!
    Have a great weekend!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes have been watching it and it is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, I am SO in LOVE with this show!!! PBS has done a superb job. I have seen every episode (more than once already), but plan to tune in for the marathon as well. It will be great to see it all in succession instead of having to wait between episodes. Jenna Coleman and Tom Hughes are spectacular as Victoria and Albert. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty :)

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, I've heard a lot about Victoria but have yet to watch it. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Debbie for all the updates on "Victoria"! I love this show, the sets, the fashion and the actors selected for all the parts. Wonderful & certainly better than the news, the overpaid actors here flaunting their political comments. (Loved the Downton Abbey & Call of the Midwife series as well. PBS rocks!!) Enjoying your blog and your decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am so glad that you are enjoying Victoria!! I could not get in touch with you ant other way so i am returning your comment here
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  15. We were lucky enough to have Victoria on here in the UK at the end of last summer. It was a perfect Downton Abbey substitute! My daughter and I had it as 'our thing' and would watch it together every week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll have to check this out Debbie, sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing with SYC. Have you seen the Crown? I loved it!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have just discovered this program and it's helping heal the absence of Downton Abbey that I still miss. I'm watching the marathon as I work tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have not heard of it, and I loved Downton Abbey and The Paradise, I will definitely check it out. Thanks for joining TADA! Thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a great series, Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never heard of this show, I don't get on the PBS channel very much, but I am always fascinated with shows from this time period. I will have to check it out!! Thank you for sharing with us at TaDa Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to watch this series, I've heard so many good things about it too. I must admit I'm a bit of a sucker for "period" series, so this is right up my ally. Have you ever watched Outlander Debbie?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love period dramas. This looks good. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Victoria!! The costumes are wonderful and I love the sets!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just adore this series! Everything is so beautifully done from the costumes to the cinematography! I was sorry to see Lord M get phased out but love Albert! Thanks for sharing the links to the behind the scenes info :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also love this time period and am enjoying the series. I hate that most series on PBS are only a handful of episodes. Great write up of the show! I can't wait for the season finale!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this show. I think the actress who plays Victoria is great!.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I LOVED every bit of it, even did a tea with victoria blog series. Can't wait for season 2.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...