I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Whimsical Halloween Kitchen and Some Crafting , 2022

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT
 
I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY
 
With the beginning of Fall, the HOLIDAY SEASON starts for me....
 
 
I consider the Holiday Season from September until after Easter as I decorate for all the Holidays and Seasons in between those months....

So I usually have a lot to share....


 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Can you believe that it is October????
 
 

 This is my favorite time of the year.....

The "Ber" Months.....


September was a wonderfully cool month, just like I remember Fall being when I was a kid....

It seems like the last couple of years, we went from Summer right into Winter without much of a Fall....

I truly hope it stays Seasonal in October and all that disgusting hot weather is done with!!!
 
 
 Since it is now October and officially Halloween Month, today I will be completing my Tour of my Kitchen decorated for Fall/Halloween.....
 
 In my last post, I shared the areas in my Kitchen that I decorated for Fall....
 

 




 Click HERE if you missed that post....


I want to Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for featuring my post, "Elegant Autumn" Hutch and Entry in the Living Room, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe Linky Party!!!

 
 
 Thanks so much, Andrea!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Food of the Week

 The other day, I made homemade meatballs with spaghetti....



Comfort food for me!!


Joey treated us to Buffalo Wild Wings burgers for dinner on Friday....

I did not take any pictures because it was the same thing that we always get!!
 

  I want to get right to it today as there are a lot of pictures...


I decorated this wall and the surrounding areas of the Kitchen in a Whimsical Halloween Theme.....


I always say this is my focal wall in the Kitchen because it serves no purpose.....


Yes, it is purely decorative and I do wish my entire Kitchen was like that as I do truly HATE to cook!

LOL!!

Let's start over here on the left side of the wall.....



A ghost that I made hangs on the vintage apron.....


I have added some new things this year and this is one of them....


Joe bought this lighted Haunted House on Clearance last year....




I like it hanging by my Halloween Tree.....




I "dressed" up this chalkboard a bit differently this year....


I added this cute Halloween sign, that was gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie, here......I previously used it in the Dining Room....



A Fall recipe box that I filled with flowers....



And this is my Kitchen Halloween Tree.....


There are only 3 ornaments on this Tree that I did not make myself!!


The Owl topper is a Dollar Tree garden stake....



I made the bow for the topper out of 2 different types of ribbon....


The plaid ribbon is what I used throughout the rest of the Kitchen which is decorated for Fall.....


All the ornaments were made from Dollar Tree wood cut outs!


I also wrapped a Dollar Tree leaf garland around the Tree...




And tucked some reddish orange leaf picks into the Tree.....









On the floor by the Tree....


The tall slim Pathway Trees are perfect in small places like this!!!!


And now we will move to the Hutch, which is one of my favorite things to decorate for the different Holidays and Seasons!!!!!


I have added more things for Halloween to it this year....


In a previous post, I shared that I found these black cones in my stash and I had an idea of what I wanted to do with them but had to wait until I unpacked all the Halloween decorations.....


These Ghoul like styrofoam Jack O Lantern ornaments were bought many years ago in Micheal's and I used them on my Dining Room Halloween Tree.....


I "dabbled" a bit with them ......


And came up with this!!

I  wrapped a scrap of orange deco mesh roping that I had around the stem where some of the styrofoam cracked after removing the green fabric.....


Then I glued some orange ruffled lace around where I glued the head to the cone.....


And made a bow out of some white ribbon with black polka dots and glued a black ribbon flower in the center....


Here is where I placed them!!!!



The cones elevated the head to a great height to be seen....


The owls were part of the 3 piece set gifted to me by my neighbor Khalid and his family last year for landscaping the rental property he owns in between our townhouses.....


I framed an Owl picture from a calander......



Top shelf


The "If the Shoe Fits" sign is another Clearance item that Joe bought.....


I did add some new things to the shelves in the Hutch this year.....




Joe bought the black glass skull in Target and I filled it with candy corn....


The bottom shelf


The wood mason jar sign is new from Dollar Tree this year.....


Another glass skull from Target....





The plates are part of a 4 piece set bought at Target several years ago....
 



The desk area of the Hutch.....




In the left corner....



Again, I framed a calendar picture....


I also used the new goblets that I bought in Dollar Tree this year along with some potion bottles that I made many years ago and previously used in the Dining Room....


The other 2 plates from the set....



In the right corner....





I like to decorate underneath the desk area too....


Last year, Joe bought these pumpkins on Clearance....


I did a bit of "dabbling" and added leaves that actually fell off of the garland I have on my Front Porch railing!!!


Talk about recycling, huh?



You can see where I used them!!






Hanging on the knobs of the drawers....


The "Eat, Drink and be Scary" sign is new from Dollar Tree this year....

On the side of the Hutch....
 




Another ghost hanging on the vintage apron on this side of the wall.....


 
Below the chair rail......








This year, I carried the Halloween decorations a bit farther...


A pumpkin tray and a few Halloween ornaments....



On the side of the stove....


A new Dollar Tree sign that I embellished!!



On the side of the stove...



I hung a mini flag on a magnetized curtain rod on the side of the stove.....



I made the Fall sign out of Pringle's cans last year....





Above the stove....
 



A Dollar Tree sign....



Refrigerator magnets that I crocheted a LONG time ago!!!


Halloween towels....


And that concludes my Fall/Halloween Tour of my Kitchen for this year....




Most people consider what I do a lot of work but I enjoy doing it and I consider it "play' and not work.....

I do admit that I have no idea how I did all of this while working full time though!!!

It is a LOT easier now that I am retired and I have the time to be more creative!!

I will leave you with a look of the Halloween area all lit in the evening and be sure to come back on
TUESDAY when I will be revealing for the first time here on the Blog, what I have been up to since June 1st....

If you follow me on Face Book, you already know what I am talking about....













 I hope you will stop by to visit again on  TUESDAY!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


10 comments:

  1. Everything is looking 'boo'tiful and 'spook'tacular. Enjoy all that October brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about what you have been up to!! Your crafty skeletons are adorable. I love your Autumn/Halloween kitchen. My favorite piece is the lighted Home Sweet Haunted House sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to see what you've been up to each week, Deb! I'm so excited the weather has been so good for you guys. Feel free to send some fall vibes to Florida. We definitely need it! I love all the whimsical touches you've added to your home from the kitchen to the polka dot embellished pumpkins it's all faboulous. Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the halloween decor. It all looks very festive. I enjoyed it all! Happy October!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kitchen looks suitably spooky, Debbie. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Halloween tree in the kitchen. And the decorations on the hutch carry out the Halloween theme beautifully. I really like how your Halloween decorations are pretty and cheerful, not spooky and macabre.
    Thank you for sharing this post at Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 36.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you embrace and decorate for all of the seasons! Your decorations are always so cheerful! I am excited to feature your post at this week's Tuesday Turn About link party. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure that sharing your creative endeavors is easier now that you are retired Debbie! Hope you have a great fall season :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!! And yes, I am having so much more fun now that I am retired!!!
    Hope you had a good Weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...