I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Halloween at Nelson Crest, 2022





 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 
ANNOUNCEMENT
 
I am now posting 3 times a week !!!
 
 I will be posting on TUESDAY, THURSDAY and SATURDAY
 
With the beginning of Fall, the HOLIDAY SEASON starts for me....
 
 
I consider the Holiday Season from September until after Easter as I decorate for all the Holidays and Seasons in between those months....

So I usually have a lot to share....

 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
Today, I will be sharing Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, decorated for Halloween.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Powder Room in pink and black for Halloween!!


 

 



 Click HERE if you missed that post....


Thanks Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Haunted Houses and a Fortune Teller in the Dining Room, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Linky Party!!
 

 Thanks so much, Linda!!
 
 Please stop by and link up to this delightful party!!
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 I took some pictures again this morning from our morning walk with our grand pups as I think we are at our peak for Leaf Peeping!!!!

The Fall Foliage here is just breathtaking this year!!


Joe and Faye!!

 
Faye is always standing alert!!

 
A window .....


 
It was 40 degrees and the pups were loving it and did not want to go home so they took us all through the apartment complex where both my sons live!!

 
You can see the roof tops of the townhouses in my development and the pillars on my front porch!!

 
Cars and trucks on Interstate 81 behind us!!



 
Joe and Faye heading home!



And this is what we see when we enter into our development when we are coming home....




 
This is the Tree across the Court from us in our neighbor's yard.....



 
As I continue my weight loss journey, I am fitting into more and more clothes....

Sunday was the first time we returned to Mass in person since the pandemic started and this is what I wore.....



Joe's Mother passed away on 12/22/2020

We purchased another Leaf on the Tree of Life in our church in her memory.....
 
My sons always used to laugh when she would say "Close the Light" so I came up with this for her leaf....

"Always in the Light"


Oddly enough, her leaf was the only one illuminated as it is next to my parent's leaves....


She was definitely in the light that morning at Mass....

I want to thank my late neighbor, Debby, Joe's cousins Joe and Sharon and our sons and daughter in law for contributing toward the purchase of the leaf.....

Those remembered on the Tree of Life are prayed for at every single Mass said in our church....

These are my parent's leaves that we purchased when they each passed away....

"Forever in our Hearts" for my Dad

 
"Always with Us " for my Mom.....



 
I will be attending our church's Harvest Tea tomorrow evening with my friend Anne Marie.....

Dorothy, who was in charge of the Tea for many years, always asked me to donate something for the raffle....

Since Dorothy recently passed away, I put together this "Gift Basket", minus the basket, in her memory because she was such an active member of our Parish and a true force of nature.....
 


A $110 value.....
 
 
A set of dished for 4



A tablecloth


 Set of 4 aqua place mats....
 
 
 
An oven mitt and pot holder

 
And a candle

 
 Joe also received a donation from the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins for 4 Gift Certificates for the Reheat and Eat Dinners....

 

A $50 value
 
 Speaking of food.....

After hearing of a possible shortage of Turkey for Thanksgiving Day, I was taking no chances...

I had Joe on the look out for a nice sized turkey breast for Thanksgiving Day.....
 
 
He got this close to 10 pound one at Price Chopper and it is sitting in our son Joey's freezer until then....


It is the perfect size for our family of 5!!
 
 
I love to decorate the outside of my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest for the different holidays and Seasons.....


I really enjoy decorating it for Halloween....


Many of the decorations I have used are from Lemax's Spooky Town collection.....




You have to have a witch flying around on Halloween....
 
 


And gargoyles on the railings...


 
And a skeleton hanging from the porch!!




The cemetery on the left side of the house.....











The left side of the front yard....





The front porch.....


 
Topiaries on the porch.....
 
 
 
Vintage looking Halloween candy containers on the steps.....


And some really cute Trick or Treaters!!!




The right side of the front yard....






The grave yard on the side of the house.....






I hope you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest all decked out for a Spooky Halloween.....



I do have a few Fall decorations in the Den.....


I added 2 Fall signs to the china cupboard.....





I brought out my only brown piece of transfer ware for Fall.....


A tea cup and saucer....



" Royal Mail"


I placed a cute burgundy fabric pumpkin inside of it...



On the door to our storage room.....

 
I hung a  Fall flag with blue in it!!

 
And my Cynthis Hart Victorian Calendar....



I just love the graphics....

Several weeks ago, I changed the curtains in the Den from the Summer ones......



To the ones I use for Fall and Winter.....






They brighten up the room as it will get little Sun in the Winter months......

And this completes my room by room tour of our house decorated for Fall and Halloween....

I hope you will come back on THURSDAY when I share some new things and some Halloween additions......






So I hope you will stop by to visit again on  
THURSDAY! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. I just love that you decorate your dollhouse for Halloween! Right now decorating mine for Christmas is enough of a challenge right now. Maybe someday! I think the raffle basket in memory of your friend is just wonderful. Enjoy your tea party! You look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color is looking terrific, Debbie! What a gorgeous fall. And Nelson Crest is looking great, too! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing Nelson Crest decorated for the holidays. I treated myself to a lightup/shreiking witch at Dollar Tree last week for my dollhouse! My good dishes are the Royal Mail in blue; I had to shop at a strange grocery store ALL summer to get enough stamps to buy the set in the mid- 70's. Then, I bought a bunch of serving pieces. Growing up, we never had a matching set of dishes and serving pieces so that was my ambition! I do smaller scale raffle baskets for our church's Christmas bazaar raffle--a combo of new thrifted or yard sale treasures and homemades (bath salts, sugar scrubs, soap, crocheted dishcloths, ornaments), etc. and have a great time searching over the course of the year. I usually do a snowman, Santa, and gingerbread theme but it varies with what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! Glad you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest in her Halloween finery..I hope you are having a great week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nelson Crest is all decked out for Halloween! Love the miniature, spooky decorations!
    Thank you for sharing this post at the Talent-Sharing Tuesdays Link-Up 39.
    Carol
    www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the trees are really lit up round your way. How beautiful.
    You put me to shame with your halloween decorating. I literally put a wreath on the door and a small ceramic pumpkin outside at about 4pm on the 31st for the trick or treaters and then bring it all in about 8pm once all the little ones have gone to bed so that we don't get any more callers throughout the evening!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...