I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Winter Front Porch and Yard, 2022!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Just a reminder, I will be posting on Wednesdays and Sundays every week so be sure to check back on those days to see a new post......  


Today, I will be sharing how I changed over the front of our townhouse from Christmas to Winter....
 
 
 But first, Thanks to Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my post, Anne Marie's Christmas Home Tour, 2021, as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Link Party!!!
 
 
Thanks so much, Barb!!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 Joe scored big time at one of our local grocery stores the other day....

They had marked several packages of ground chicken down to 99 cents as they had to be sold by the following day....

He bought 6 of them....

I made chicken meatballs the other day.....
 

We are not big beef eaters and actually do not really care for steak....

We prefer poultry..... 

Chicken meatballs are really quite tasty....

I served them with spaghetti.....


Joe is working part time at the Toyoto Sportsplex, managed by the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins AHL Hockey Team, in the concession stand and is cooking!!!!

Who would have ever thought!!!

He brought home this cheese steak hoagie the other night which was made by his co worker for him....

 

 I tasted some and it was really good.....

 

He actually makes these for customers!!!

Again, who would have ever thought it!!!

Speaking of hoagies.....

For our Friday evening Take Home dinner that our son Joey treats us to every Friday, we got hoagies from one of our favorite places, Serpico's.....

This is my chicken cheese steak hoagie......

 
You can see that it is loaded with chicken......

 
I was only able to eat half of it......
 
This is half of my son's Chicken Parm....


He ate both halves.....

Joe had a sausage hoagie but was already eating it so I did not get a picture....

I have been changing over Christmas decorations to Winter and have the Den finished and also the Powder Room....

Tomorrow, I will start to pack up the Kitchen decorations.....


On Wednesday, I was able to change over the front of the house from Christmas to Winter.....

It only took an hour and a half.....

This is the way the front of the house looked for Christmas.....


And now.....

Christmas......

And now for Winter......

My pots are still holding up well....

I left the red berries in them for a pop of color.....

I leave up a lot of the decorations for the Winter, just removing anything that is Christmas.....

The garland stays up all Winter....

How it looked at Christmas.....

 I left the SNOW sign where it is....

I changed the wreath on the front door to a Winter one that I re-did last year......

 The theme for my Winter decorations outside is Snowmen and red Cardinals....

I switched out the Happy Holidays sign above the door for my Welcome to Our Porch sign......

 

I packed away the sled and reindeer that my sons made for me in Cub Scouts....

I replaced them with Winter Slate signs.....

I replaced the wreath hanging in the middle of the house ....

And the red velvet bow on the front porch light....


With a black medallion and a bow made from ribbon with red cardinals on it.....

 

 I also brought back my Welcome Friends sign....

And I also replaced the bow on my childhood sled with a bow made from the red cardinal ribbon.....

 

And of course, the snowman and "Baby, It's Cold Outside" sign stayed....

I packed up the Christmas Trees sign but left the same mailbox cover on......

I hung a Winter wreath that I made where the Christmas Trees sign was..........

I changed this tree in the corner......

To this.....

Moved this post over here from where it was by the front door for Christmas and hung 2 Winter slates on it.....

 I left the wreaths on the windows......

And I changed out the Christmas flag for a Winter one....

The snowflakes were already on the garland and the Dollar Tree ones on the railing.....

In the yard, I changed the mini flags to Winter ones.....

On the park bench, I replaced the red velvet bow on the lantern with one that is made out of the same ribbon as the bows on the garland....

 

And I hung a small snowman slate from the garland on the light post.....

 


 The metal cardinal was already hung there....

 

On Thursday evening into Friday morning, we got about 2 1/2 inches of snow!!!

This is what it looked like when I woke up and took a few pictures from the front door....
 
 
 

Joe had an appointment at the eye doctors at 8 am so there he is out there cleaning off the car.....

So pretty, isn't it?

And this is how the front of our house looks now.....

From our parking lot....


 
From the top of the steps.....


 

 
 

 

Snow just makes it all look so much better, doesn't it????

And in the evening when the lights come on at dusk.....


The front of the house will stay decorated like this until the beginning of March.....

I hope you enjoyed seeing how I changed it over to Winter and did so easily....

Why not keep some lights on during the dark Winter months.....

In my next post, I will be sharing my Winter Woodland Forest in the Den.....








So I hope you will stop by on Wednesday to visit again!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

7 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Everything at my house has remained the same as Christmas day. You really changed your outdoors just in time. It is only 12 degrees here so the outside decorations are remaining, too. I am getting up the courage to change my flags from gingerbread houses to snowmen. The snowfall was the finishing touch to your gorgeous porch decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous Deb! I especially love all the signs and the sled. You are so lucky to still have that and you do such a great job decorating it. To me, decorating for winter is not just fun but necessary. I think, for me at least, the winter time blues are a very real thing. But who could feel blue looking at your porch??? It just makes me smile. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a LOT more snow than we do! The porch looks terrific -- and if looking at snow makes you cold, that hearty, warming spaghetti with the chicken meatballs sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the snowmen and snowflakes are just perfect for this time of year! I have got to get my birdfeeders back up so we can see some real life cardinals again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that snow looks so fun! I would probably freeze to death though lol. Your porch looks great. Winter can be a hard time to decorate for, but you've got it! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators at LifeasaLEOWife.com!
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see I'm very late posting this, but I just love the cardinal accents that you used in the outdoors. I have cardinals that have nested near to my back yard since at least the time I bought this house in July 2014, and they hang around all year (or their offspring hang around). They are so beautiful, and especially able to pick them out against the barren winter landscape with the male's bright red colored feathers. And where Mr. Cardinal is, Mrs. Cardinal is not far behind.I will have to hurry forward and check out your Woodland themed decorations. I got the "bug" to do a Woodland Wonderland themed Christmas tree for 2022. I went on a major buying spree picking up some wonderful wild-life ornaments on clearance after Christmas 2021. I also found a great Elvis glass ornament for one of my Elvis-loving cousins that I bought on clearance and took all wrapped up snug and tight to the Post Office earlier today to have delivered to her as a surprise for her 2022 Christmas tree. I love your outdoor decor, Deb. It's so beautiful. I wish I had half the energy and decor that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say that you have the decorating bug!

    I think those slate signs are neat.

    Looks like you got some snow to make it feel very wintery. We’ve gotten some, but not a ton.

    Hope you stay warm, and thank you for bringing this to the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop!

    Laurie
    Ridge Haven Homestead
    Homestead Blog Hop
    Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...