I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Early Fall Front Porch, 2020

 

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Today, I will be sharing my Early Fall Front Porch....

 But first, I want to Thank these Hosts who featured my post, One Project Checked off my To Do List, 

from last week's Linky Parties!!! 

  Thanks to Melissa, over at Little Frugal Homestead, for featuring my post from last week's Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop.....


Thanks so much, Melissa!!

I also want to Thank Rebecca, over at the Zucchini Sisters, for featuring it from last week's Celebrate Your Story Link Party!!!! 

  Thanks again, Rebecca!!!

And Thanks to Katie, over at Let's Add Sprinkles, for choosing my post as one of her features from last week's Let's Keep in Touch Linky Party!!! 


Thanks so much, Katie!!
 
And Thanks to Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing it as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party!!!
 

Thanks so much, Barb!!!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!!

WOW, I didn't know that sharing our storage room, a room that I have never shared before, would be so popular!!! 

In my previous post, I revealed what my Word of the Month for September is.......


Click HERE if you missed it.....

Last weekend, I packed up all the Summer yard art and most of the Summer decor from the Front Porch...

I cleaned the porch and then redecorated it for Fall.......

Along with the Front Yard, but that will be shared in another post.....

 

 

This is what the Front Porch looked like this Summer.....

 I packed away the Summer cushions and pillows and the rug.....

 And put out my older cushions and pillows which are the perfect colors for Fall....

 Let's start here on this side of the Porch of our townhouse.......

For now, I will be keeping my red begonias and yellow and orange marigolds that I planted in the Spring.....

As in past years, I planted flowers in the color theme of red, yellow and orange so that it would make an easy transition into Fall......

I added a Dollar Tree Ear of Corn to the black urns on each side of the Porch.....

For now, my faux pumpkins that I have had for more years than I care to mention are displayed here on the Porch......

Later when we get our first frost, which just may be this week as our Temperatures have suddenly become more Fall like which is great, these pumpkins will be used with mums in a display in the black urns....

 I bought this terra cotta Jack O Lantern at a church Flea Market many years ago....

In October, I will put a string of battery operated Fairy Lights inside of it to light it in the evening.....

The Front Door.....

 On the side of the door......

 A Fall wreath that I made last year......

 

 

The "weeping mortar" that was popular when our townhouse was built in the late 70's is the reason why I can hang things on the front of my house......

I pulled up and packed away the red Summer outdoor rug for the coming Winter months....

As I mentioned before, I changed out the cushions and pillows on the chairs.....

 

 

After I took this previous picture, I realized that the weather and sun had faded my Fall plaques so I decided to freshen them up with a fresh coat of Polyurethane....

I think you can see the difference in the following pictures....

It did add a nice gloss finish to them......

You can also see that I simply add a wire and then wrap it around a clump of mortar that was not wiped off and smoothed out after the brick fasade was laid.....

The polyurethane did add a nice sheen to the Harvest sign that I bought a few years ago in Gabes....

Joe bought the Jack O Lantern in Wegman's several years ago....

Those are faux gourdes that I use year after year around the Jack O Lantern.....

I even coated the sweet faces of these scarecrows with polyurethane to help protect them from the elements......

You can also see how I use the wire to hang it from the weeping mortar.....

This is what the rake that I made looked like last year....

Unfortunately, the weather did a number on the Dollar Tree leaf plaque that I had attached to the rake....

So for now, I simply attached this cute metal Fall trunk filled with pumpkins to the rake.....

In the corner of the Porch......

I threaded this Fall shovel through the Tree that stays on the Porch year round after also giving it a fresh coat of polyurethane..... 

I also added a set of LED orange lights to the Tree......

 We have had this outdoor carpeting on the porch for many years and will keep it as long as it is still holding up.....

Hanging on this post is a metal Fall sign and a stained glass lantern that I will add a set of lights to...

Yep!! I brightened it up too with a fresh coat of polyurethane....

On the table in the corner.....

I added one of the Owls that Joe bought when waging my war against the squirrels in our back yard to my Fall display on the Porch because I thought it's flashing red eyes would be approprriate for Halloween!!!!

 

When I took these pictures, I still had this planter filled with red impatiens attached to the railing.....

Since Sunday, the weather has changed and feels more like Fall with NO humidity and nice cool temps ranging from the 40's in the mornings and the low 70's in the afternoon.....

It is beautiful sleeping with the bedroom window wide open and that nice fresh air filling the house....

Since Joe is bored out of his ever loving mind no longer working part time and can't seem to think of a single thing to do around the house, I gave him a project from MY 2-3 Year To Do List to undertake!!!!!

Paint the Front Porch Railing!!!!!


I can't remember the last time we painted these railings so the nice black semi gloss Rustoleum paint looks good on the railing....




 
And of course, when you do one project, it always turns into what I call the "Might as Well's!!!

You all know how it goes....you look around and say, "Well, we might as well" do this and that while we are at it......

In my post about how I decorated the Front Yard for Fall , I will share more on what else we felt we "might as well" did.....

In front of the Porch......

The square planters in front of the railing with Fall stakes from Dollar Tree......

I placed this smaller terra cotta Jack O Lantern in my rusty bird bath......

The other square planter....

The other black urn on this side of the Porch.....

Here's Joe photo bombing my picture shoot....


I hoped you enjoyed seeing how the Front Porch looked after I decorated it last weekend.....


But I will tell you that I have already changed it a bit since we painted the railings and I will be sharing the updated version when I share how I decorated the Front Yard......

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, your porch looks great! Love the flowers! laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, your porch always looks nice. What fun you must have decorating for each season. I wish I could do that. The wind is so bad here that I only hang a wreath on the door, praying it won't fly off. I can't keep a pot of flowers on the front step. This summer, we were constantly setting the big pot of petunias back up on the step because the wind was always blowing it off. So next year, there won't be any flowers because of it. If I get heavy pumpkins, they should be ok but alas, no flowers. I'm glad you can decorate to your heart's content! I know it is such fun to change it up for the seasons. Hope you're doing well. Hugs...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job Debbie with decorating the porch for fall. Joe did a great job with painting the railing and I love that he did the photo bombing! LOL. Take care and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch is just lovely!! We are going to start our outside fall decorating on Monday. Right now I am fighting a battle for a simple political sign in my yard. The first sign was stolen. I coated the second sign with vaseline to deter theft and last night someone rode over it with a bicycle and knocked it down and left track marks. I make a campaign donation every time this happens. I also started filing police reports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch is always a fun place to visit thanks for sharing you have a beautiful porch

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those lovely autumn flowers and beautiful blooms! So many nice fall colors. And I love your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your front porch is so beautiful all decked out in its fall decor, Debbie. Joe did an awesome job on the railing and you made me chuckle with the 2-3 year list of things to do. I have a list like that too. All of your signs look fabulous brightened up with a bit of poly too. You gave me so much inspiration for my front porch. I want to have a fall porch as well. I need to change out the cushions and thank you for the idea of adding a little poly to help preserve the signs longer. Happy decorating and hugs, Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the porch and I am looking forward to seeing all the changes in another post. The spring planting lasting through to Autumn is such a good idea and looks fabulous. Love the milk churn, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are always so beautiful Debbie! Love the front porch rail. That is on my to do list too. I need Joe! Great idea with the owl. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fresh flowers. My decor is very minimal. I just added 2 new things this year.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are definitely ready for the new season. Happy Fall! I have yet to get to the outside of my home so I enjoyed seeing yours. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Rebecca,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  13. Debbie, your porch is so inviting and tastefully done. Love the wreath, the beautiful orange and yellow flowers are so pretty.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors and decor! Thanks for sharing at Charming Homes & Gardens! ~ Kristin | White Arrows Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are all ready for fall Debbie! Your porch looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Charming Homes and Gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Debbie, for joining in the fun of the Everything Fall Party 2020 party. Love your pictures! You are so decorated. I don't have a pumpkin yet. Best wishes to you. Stay safe. Linda @crafts a La mode

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...