I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Some Past and Present Valentine's Crafts

 This post has been linked up to the All Things Valentine's Day Share Some Love Link Party!!!

Link up your Valentine's posts on any of these Blogs:
Across The Blvd.
 My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
Purple Hues and Me
This Auto Immune Life
Stone Cottage Adventures
Our Unschooling Journey Through Life 
Sew Crafty Crochet
Cookies, Coffee and Crafts
Domestic Deadline

And let's give these hosts a round of applause for hosting a Linky Party where everyone who chooses to can join the party!!!!!

 Since Valentine's Day is less than a month away already, I thought I would show you some Valentine's Crafts that I made in the past , along with some that I recently made.....

But first, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Winter Front Porch and Yard, from last week's Friday Feature Kinky Party!
 Thanks so much, Karren!!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!!

These pillow like Vaelntine's ornaments were bought at the Christmas Tree Shop several years ago.....
 I wanted to add a bit more Glitz and Glam to them so I checked my stash and found this gold tinsel like trim.......
 I glued the trim to the back of the heart......
 I wanted to add some touches of red so I decided to use a red tinsel like pipe cleaner and some red ribbon flowers........
 I glued the red pipe cleaners to the front of the heart and added the red ribbon flowers.......
 These are more to my liking.....
 I wanted to dress up these plain red hearts.....
I had a few Victorian heart paper ornaments....

So I decided to glue them to the larger red hearts.....
 I really like how it added a bit of glam to the red hearts......
 And again, I really like how they came out......

I thought that I would also share some other Valentine's Crafts that I made over the years........

Like wreaths....
 I made this one using deco mesh and a wired rose ribbon......
 The bow is made out of the same rose ribbon......
 A heart shaped grapevine wreath.....
 Red and white roses, red hearts and a bow made from 2 different ribbons.....
 A small heart shaped grape vine wreath with a bow made out of red velvet ribbon with gold backing.....
 This one was made using gold and red deco mesh and red velvet roses......
 I also made some heart plaques.......
 One year, I bought a bunch of candy heart shaped boxes on Clearance and then embellishd them after we ate the candy!!!!
 This one I filled with red velvet roses........
 I also embellished some smaller heart boxes.......
And I made a few ornaments over the years.....

I decoupaged these with music sheet paper.......
 I embellished them with trims, heart stickers and Valentine's tags.......
 One year I bought these gilded gold photo frame ornaments after Christmas in Dollar General.......
 I put Valentine's tags inside of the frames.........
 I just finished decorating the Living Room for Valentine's......

In my next post, I will be sharing the Living Room decorated for Valentine's along with this Tree and the ornaments that I recently embellished.........
Since I was sick after Christmas, it seems like it took forever to get my strength back so it seems like it is taking me forever to take down Christmas......

Also my son Jim and his wife Danielle moved into a larger townhouse in the same Apartment complex where they had been living.......

I hung all the curtains in their new place for them......

I do want to show you this beautiful fireplace that they bought for their Living Room........
 Isn't it stunning????
They bought it at Bob's Discount Furniture Store........

  I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday
Heart and Soul Link Up

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
 
FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

31 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. My favorites ar the ones with the roses, especially the wreath and the empty candy box! How long do you leave the decorations out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of wonderful things to see here! Hope you're doing well. I shared your link to your post about whether to continue blogging or not as I think we all go through it often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so glad to see you posted again Debbie. Love your Valentine's crafts and that beautiful heart filled Christmas tree. So precious. And that fireplace.... WOW!!! What a find. Hope you have a lovely week and that you're fully on the road to recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ones in the gold photo frames, and one of the large hearts, best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Valentine decor. Especially the tree and the gold tinsel trimming. I treat myself to a box of chocolates each yr. and I save the box. I will blog them later. I also decorated a little Valentine tree. Your blog inspired me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my...how romantic it must be around your pretty house with all these lovely hearts. They are all just beautiful....
    I don't decorate for Valentines Day other than a cute little heart banner.xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Valentine decoration!How creative and pretty!I love the wreath,amazing!Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! all the crafts are gorgeous! I love them..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, Debbie is already very prepared for Valentine's Day! I admire your talent for the work that shows us.
    Thanks so much for following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you've had too much fun making valentine crafts of all sorts over the years! I can feel the joy in your writing about each one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You certainly have enough decorations, such great ideas, like your decoupage creations. I still have my snowman collection up until at least the end of January :)
    That fireplace looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore your Valentine decor. I decided to decorate a tree again for Vday. It's just a small one but haven't decorated one in a while. Love how you made those cuties with the gold tinsel. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Valentines... and love the idea of decorating the tree for Valentines Day ..Oh what fun crafting ..I’m with you on being a Victorian Heart ...I really do enjoy seeing all your pretties...Thanks so much for sharing Debbie...Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are pretty and inspiring! I love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi dear Debbie! Those hearts with angels are so cute! All so pretty, but my favorites are the angel ones! Oh, and thank you so much for stopping by my old house in the roses, it was so nice seeing you there!

    Many blessings to you and yours

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun. I love the plaques--they have almost an old-fashioned "doily" look. Lovely. :) Thanks for sharing at #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful valentine decor and love those deep red hearts embellished. The fireplace of your son and daughter in law is very nice. The marble design in front and on top is what I really like also. Looks so pretty with the intricate design. I would like to get one for my living room. I like the ambience it creates and it gives heat.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your valentine decor is gorgeous! The deep red hearts are my favorite!

    Hugs & kisses

    https://artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful Debbie. Love Valentines day :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays. Hope you can join us today.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful ideas! So inspiring to get those creative juices flowing. Your Valentines truly do fit well with a retro Victorian theme - gorgeous. #heartandsoullinkup

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this Valentine post and the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of sweet pretties here, Debbie. Hope to make some with the Grand this weekend, if we don't get snowed in again, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have made some really pretty Valentine’s Day decorations Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful Valentines. This post reminded me of when I use to make Valentines. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely festive Valentines, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great compilation of Valentine's Day crafts! I particularly love all of the wreaths you've created. So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a really lovely fireplace your son and his wife picked up at Bob's Debbie. I'm sure they will enjoy it for many years to come. Fireplaces are the center of the house. We had one in Greece and now I miss mine so much.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are so cute. I really should get crafting. I've saved some little containers for altered art projects but haven't done it yet. Thanks for linking with Keep In Touch.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many cute little added touches! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Share Some Love. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Debbie,
    You make the cutest Valentine decor. You are so talented. Please stop by Thursday Favorite Things Since you are being featured.
    https://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2019/01/thursday-favorite-things_30.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...