I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Winter Tea with Red Cardinals in the Kitchen

  Since we live in NEPA , I love to decorate for Winter, both inside and out .........
 
 First, I want to Thank Kathy, over at Life on Lakeshore Drive, for featuring my post, Welcoming Winter, The Outside......
  Among the Most Viewed Posts from last week's Bouquet of Talent Party!!
 Thanks so much, Kathy!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!

 As I mentioned, it has been 2 years since I have decorated for Winter in the Kitchen......

 I like to decorate the desk/hutch and around it for the different Holidays and Seasons.......

 The Winter Theme for this area is Birds, mainly Cardinals........
 I even decorated a Winter Bird Tree......
 And underneath the Desk........
And I will share these in my next post......

But for today, I want to share Winter Tea with Red Cardinals!!
 Even though I have had these Red Cardinal items that I have used in this display for a few years, it has a special meaning this year.......

My Sister recently told me of a saying about Red Cardinals that I was not aware of......
I have Cardinals in my back yard all Summer long because of what I thought was the fact that I have a Bird Bath but now, I like to think that it is those that have gone before me, watching over my family.......
So this vignette is dedicated to those that are watching over me.........

And my sister and I are convinced that my Great Nephew Craig, is with our parents and is under their care now.....
Over to the left........
The Red Cardinal vintage vase and saucer were yard sale finds......
 This Cardinal is from Dollar Tree.......


 I took a picture from a Calendar and placed it in a white frame that I bought for $1.00 on Clearance in Target a few years ago........
The canning jars were bought several years ago after Christmas in Walmart........
I filled them with ice crystals and placed bottle brush trees inside of them........
You can see that one has a Snow Man and the other has a Snow Flake embossed on them.......

A mini Tea Set that was a Flea Market find for $1.00!!
I also want you to notice the pretty place mat that I have used..........

I bought it a Country Folks Store a few years ago........
Isn't this sweet??????

Look at the tea cups and saucers!!
Over to the right.......
This is a Tea Set that Joe picked up for me several years ago at Wegman's........
The Tea Pot did not have a lid ( must have been broken) so Joe was able to buy it for only a few dollars....
I put some greenery inside of it......

The Sugar Bowl and Creamer.......
Look at the Cardinal on top of the Sugar Bowl......
After I took these pictures, I added a white Snow Flake in the corner.......
 Joe had to get his 2 cents in with an ornament that he bought on Clearance in Wegman's for 49 cents!!!!!
 A light up Penguin!!!!!
 It changes colors!!
 To cute!!

You all know that Joe is a HUGE Penguin Hockey fan, right??????

And on the side of the hutch, I have a Calendar hanging......
 I will be saving this picture and framing it too!!

In my next post, I will share the rest of this area........
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

Thanks so much for all who offered well wishes after I had a tooth pulled. Truth be told, I went to work on Saturday night and about 3 am was hit, and I do mean hit, by an intestinal virus that left me stuck in the bathroom at work for 2 hours with massive vomiting and diarrhea until I finally felt that I could drive home at 5am!!!! It was not pretty!!  I am feeling better now, Thank God!! It was wicked though and I slept all day Sunday and Sunday night!!
 
I also posted my January Rudolph Day post for the 25th over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, sharing some changes I made to some wreaths and how my Winter Outside decorations look with the snow that we got this weekend.......
 Click HERE to read......

So PLEASE forgive me that I am a bit behind on my return visits to those who commented on my posts!! I will catch up soon as I am off for a few days.......

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie


I am linking up to these weekly parties:

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday

THURSDAY
Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Show and Tell Friday
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Vintage Show and Tell Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...