I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Transformation has started....

 I want to Thank these great hostess's for featuring my post,
Last Look at my Patio and Back Yard for Summer of 2013  , from last week....

Thanks to Deb over at Lavender Garden Cottage  , from last week's Cottage Style Party!

And Thanks to Nicky over at  Pink Recipe Box from last week's Creative Wednesday!
Thanks so much, Deb and Nicky! Please take some time to visit and even link up to these great parties....

AND I want to THANK Mary and Dave  from the web site, Front Porch Ideas and More , for choosing my porch decorated for Autumn (2012) as one of the features on a new page that Mary created for the web site,
Fantastic Autumn Decorating Ideas for Your Porch!!  Please click on the link to see a lot of great porches decorated for Fall!!

Mary was so kind to make this fantastic collage of my porch using pictures from my Blog!!
Mary, I LOVE it!! And thank you for your sweet words...I really appreciate it!

Please visit this wonderful web site and see so many great porch ideas!! You will be amazed!! They are also on Facebook and Hometalk!!

Okay, the transformation of my downstairs has begun!!

I have started to pack everything up, starting with the Living Room in preparation for new wood laminate floors that will be installed the last week of September....

And I have started to  paint.....

This was how the wall below the chair rail in the LR and hallway looked before.....
It was a faux paint treatment that I did , first by sponging paint on then creating a mottled effect by dabbing the wet paint on the wall with plastic bags, pulling it off so to speak.
I still like this effect but wanted to change it up a bit.....

See the colors in the border????

I had this aqua color paint from another project that I did long time ago.

So I painted the wall below the chair rail with this paint.....
This is how it looked.....it sort of has a wall paper look.
It was a bit too bright for me.....
So I did the same treatment......sponge paint on  first and bag it off only using the peach paint on top of the aqua paint!!!!

I like this so much better.....
I love the way it looks with the border......
Don't mind the boxes.....
More pics.....
I think this color will look good against the wood flooring....




I'm still moving things out.....
This wall will stay all together like this because this is where the ceramic tile that creates a foyer is and they will not be working over here.......

I am a color girl and I like the new shades of color in my Living Room!

I also started to paint the textured ceiling from light peach to the same shade of peach on the  wall above the chair rail......
It is going to cause me to have a stroke as it is bleeding through and will take at least 2 good coats. I have the textured celing because 27 years ago when we had replacement windows put in, it was such a tight fit that they really had to wiggle the window in and that caused all my nail heads in my drywall ceiling to pop!!!

No word of lie!!! The textured ceiling hid a multitude of sins, let me tell you!!

This part is done....
So that is the start....... I am off for 2 days and will be painting my fool head off!!

Then I start the Dining Room........

Wish me luck!!

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 What To Do Weekends
 Feature Friday Free For All 
 A Peek into Paradise TGIF Link Party
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
Favorite Fridays Party
Anything Blue Fridays
 Weekend Blog Linky Party
Friday Flair Link Party
Friday's Five Features Party

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
 Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
Saturday Show and Tell
    Serenity  Saturday
 Saturday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase


TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY 
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
 Home (Work) Wednesdays
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Creative Wednesdays

THURSDAY
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
  Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Create it Thursday 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...