I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Winter Snow and Ice Vignettes and Doll House in the Den 2018

Welcome!!

 I have been sharing my Winter Snow and Ice theme in the Den.....

I do have a few other Winter vignettes in the Den that I want to share , along with how I decorated Nelson, Crest, my Victorian Doll House for Winter......

But First, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, Winter Kitchen Hutch, from last week's Friday Feature Linky Party!!
 
Thanks so much, Karren!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

The Den is My Room.......

It is where I do the majority of my posts for my blog because my "main" computer is in this room.....

By "main" I mean the one that has a tower and that is where I download all my pictures from my camera.

And when Joe is watching his Penguin hockey and Steeler football games, it is where I go to watch the shows that only I watch and tape via DVR on this TV.
This is my little corner........
On the shelves above the TV.......
I decorated a bit for Winter......
A Thomas Kinkade cup and saucer set on the smaller shelves with a vintage snow tipped bottle brush tree...........
On the center shelf, is a white fluffy Snow Owl......
I left out the bottle brush tree that was here on this shelf as part of my Christmas decorations.......
And added a few pine cones........
Another Thomas Kinkade cup and saucer set with a vintage bottle brush tree.......
In the TV stand......
I left out my Thomas Kinkade houses from Christmas......
And moved the snow covered tree that was in the Living Room for Christmas, here for Winter.....

Next to the TV stand is an end table......
I took out any Christmas florals that were in the burgundy tin pocket and replaced them with white snow flakes.....
 I kept the snowmen in the cloche after Christmas.....
 I also kept out this bottle brush tree and moved the deer over here from another area in the Den.....
And added a few pine cones.......
Above my chair, where I relax with my feet up on the ottoman and watch TV....
2 burlap bag ornaments with snow flakes on it and a doll dressed in blue velvet Winter garb was added to the top shelf......
A dapper looking snow man and a snow man pillow with "Hug Me Before I Melt" written on it rest on top of my chair.......
I added a felt snow flake garland and a snow flake made out of music sheet paper to the curtains on the back door......
The vintage styled angel hangs here all the time....

In  a previous post, I shared my Winter Snow and Ice Tree.......
Click HERE if you missed that post.......

Behind the Tree........

My Thomas Kinkade 4 Season Clock with the Winter scene plate......
 A Thomas Kinkade Angel and a bottle brush tree are on the shelf below the clock.....
  I already shared the the ottoman next to the Tree in a previous post.....
I hung large snow flake ornaments on the curtains of the windows......
On top of the computer armoire.........
I left out the battery operated tree and added snow flake ornaments.........
A Thomas Kinkade clock......
A sled, a small plate with a Winter scene, Thomas Kinade houses and a tree that I made out of music sheet paper......
I moved my Ice House that I had on display in the Dining Room on the buffet for Christmas, here......
A few snow men.........
And "Wanted, One Magic Hat"........
Hanging to the right of the computer armoire is a wreath that I made.......
 I bought the flocked wreath for 50 % off after Christmas in Walmart for $5.00 and simply added cinnamon scented pine cones, that Joe bought in Bed, Bath and Beyond after Christmas, and a bow made out of white shimmery deco mesh ribbon......
Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House.......
I packed away all of the Christmas decorations from the doll house but left out those that pertained to Winter......

I will let the photos do the talking........
Nelson Crest will stay this way until the beginning of March when I will decorate it for Spring.......

Next to the doll house is another chair.......
Winter pillows and a snowmen decorate the chair.......
And next to the chair is the China Cupboard.......

In a previous post, I shared  how I decorated my China Cupboard for Winter.......
   Click HERE if you missed that post.......

I enjoy sitting here in the Den on cold Winter days and nights surrounded by this Winter decor......

I hope you enjoyed seeing how you could use some of your Christmas decorations to decorate for Winter......

In my next post, I will start to share my Valentine's decorations.......

I will be starting with my Red and Gold Valentine's Tree in the Living Room.......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. I think it is just wonderful that you have the den to yourself and can have your own little piece of the world all to yourself. You have so many fun things in there. I LOVE that all white tree and the wreath. Your dollhouse is sweet and I like that you have it decorated for winter after removing the Christmas decorations.
    Looking forward to your Valentine decor. I have a post going up the first of the week about crafting Valentines with the kiddos. Pop over for a laugh.... Have a good night, Debbie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could sit all day in your den and be mesmerized by all the cute and fun things in there.

    Ooo! Can't wait to see your Valentine decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Debbie, aww how sweet is the owl :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vignettes are so pretty and lovely as usual
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Debbie,
    thank you for joining my link party. I love your cozy and cottage style home decor. Hope to welcome you soon, warm regards,
    Dagmar Bleasdale
    www.dagmarbleasdale.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Debbie! I love your winter decor ~ very comfortable and homey! <3 I used Tailwind to pin WAY OUT for next Christmas time so others can see your beautiful decor and get ideas for the next Christmas/winter season, then I pinned some to now on my Holidays and Hearts to You! boards for Valentine's. Love your tree! I used to keep out one small Christmas tree and redecorate it with hearts for Valentine's. I got the idea from another friend who was in my same tea luncheon group who did the same. Fun!!!

    Have a great week and I hope spring comes your way soon,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snow owls and fabulous doll house. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, your entire home is decked out beautifully for winter. Love that snow owl! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that tiny snowman in front of the dollhouse! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing at Party in Your PJs, Debbie. You have such a talent for decorating!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...