I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Winter Kitchen Hutch 2018

Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing how I decorated my Kitchen Hutch for Winter....

Once again, as I mentioned in the past, this is the focal wall in our Kitchen.....
 I decorated the Kitchen for Winter this year mainly in a cardinal theme with a bit of Valentine's thrown in......
In my last post, I shared my Winter Cardinal Tree.....
Click HERE if you missed that post.......

I like to decorate the hutch for the different Holidays and Seasons.......
 In this post, I will be sharing the top half of the hutch.......
The top of the hutch.......
I decorated the shelves for Winter by adding Holiday Harlequin dishes from Wegman's that I bought last year on Clearance, to the items that I normally have on display in the hutch..........

The top shelf.......
On the left side......
A tea pot and creamer and sugar bowl........
On the right side.....
A dessert plate and a cereal bowl.......

The bottom shelf.......
On the left side.....

Salt and pepper shakers and a cereal bowl.....
They had other pieces of Holiday Harlequin dishes this year in Wegman's but they seemed to have flown off the shelves at regular price!!

The only items I was able to get on Clearance were these salt and pepper shakers for $4.00!!
The right side......
Another dessert plate and 2 mugs.....
I will keep these dishes in the hutch until March........
I also want to show you a few things on each side of the hutch....

To the left of the hutch.......
I switched out the vintage apron that usually hangs here with a Valentine's apron.....
If you missed my post on my Christmas blog about my "Sweet" Christmas Kitchen , I mentioned that I replaced the vintage wall phone that I had in the Kitchen with this one which I got from my neighbor Elly's house.....
 We watch her house since she is in a Nursing Home with Alheimer's and her sons have told me to take whatever I want from her house.....
 I have always loved this phone.....

And I have already shared this area in my post about my Winter Cardinal Tree.....
Over to the right of the hutch.....
Again, I changed out the vintage apron with a Valentine's apron.....
Below the chair rail, is a Valentine chalkboard sign and my feeble attempt at some Winter chalkboard art........
I hope you enjoyed seeing this part of the hutch decorated for Winter.......
In my next post, I will be sharing the desk area of the hutch.....
I decorated this area in a cardinal theme.....
I will also be sharing the area under the desk......
Before I end this post, I just want to show you a bit of Winter here in NEPA......

After the snow fall we had last week, we now have temps. in the 40's causing this......
Icicles that are dripping down on our front sidewalk.....

The tree in the urn between our townhouse and our neighbor's.....
Look at the ice on the bow.....
The pots in front of the railing.......
As the icicles are dripping, the water is freezing on the greenery in my pots!!
Impressive, isn't it????
And it is also dripping on the garland on the railing....
The light bulbs are encased in ice.......

On my neighbor's shrub as the water drips off their roof and gutters.....
And my other neighbor's house.....
The iciles are forming in their Tree....
Hopefully, all the ice and snow will melt off the roof soon and eliminate all of these......
I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. You display and decor everything with great style. Marvellous!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GORGEOUS! I love all of the colorful details, especially the vintage stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those icicles are huge, nice photos of Winter Time.
    Thanks for coming to my party
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW, just look at those icicles. Brrrr, it looks so cold, do your plants suffer when that happens or are they used to it. Sorry if it's a silly question Debbie, but we hardly ever get snow here in South Africa. In fact I've never even seen snow before. Love those Harlequin dishes BTW. You have such a lovely way of decorating

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a beautiful collection Debbie, oh wow, look at those icicles! I hope your keeping nice and warm. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your styled winter hutch is just charming! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tree in the crock and the plaid picnic tin! Thanks for sharing at TFT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the icicles. So fun. The green bowls are fabulous. I love the cookie cutters too. Everything looks so festive. Thanks for linking to Keep In Touch @ Let's Add Sprinkles.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your kitchen hutch is always filled with such treasures! That ice is amazing too!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...