I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Winter Cardinal Tree in the Kitchen 2018

Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing how I changed my Tree in the Kitchen over from a Christmas Tree, decorated with candy and gingerbread ornaments, to a Winter Cardinal Tree!!!

But first, I want to Thank Stacey, over at Embracing Change, for featuring my post, 23 Trees, Christmas Home Tour, 2017, that I posted on my Christmas blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, from last week's Creative Inspirations Linky Party!!
Thanks so much Stacey!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!

In my last post, I shared how I changed our Front Porch and Yard from Christmas to Winter decor.....
 Please click HERE if you missed it......

This is what I always call the focal wall in our Kitchen.......
I have now decorated the Kitchen for Winter with a touch of Valentine's Day.......
This is what the Tree in our Kitchen looked like decorated for Christmas........
It was decorated with candy, gingerbread and kitchen style ornaments.......

I stripped it down to the lights.......
Added tuffs of Buffalo snow........
And bird ornaments, mostly cardinals......
I bought these ornaments in Walmart after Christmas.......
They were originally only $2.00 each and at 50% off, they were only $1.00 each!!!!!
I thought the red lanterns would look great on this Winter Tree......
They only had these 2 left.......

I topped the Tree off with a bow I made last year using 2 different types of ribbons.......
A red and black plaid ribbon and a pretty ribbon with cardinals on it.......

I also added a few streamers of ribbon.....
I continued to decorate the Tree with different birdhouse ornaments.......
Even a bird's nest......
More cardinals.....
Lots of bird ornaments....
Crocheted snow flakes.......
And red hearts!!!
See the red lanterns......
I also decorated around the base of the Tree......
On the wall to the left of the Tree......
A snow flake and a picture taken from a calendar that I framed.........
On the floor at the base of the Tree.......
Snow men.......
And a cardinal in a nest resting in a vintage enamel pot.....
 And a pair of Boy's Vintage Skates!!
  I really love how this Tree looks and I think it adds a bit of Winter Joy to our Kitchen.....
Speaking of Winter, I thought I would share a bit more of Winter with you......
I live on the edge of what is called the Pocono Mountain Region of PA.
So we do see a fair amount of snow in the Winter.......
Tuesday night, we got 7 inches of snow!!

Joe took these pictures of the front of our home because I worked during the night and after driving home in all of this, I went to bed......

 I made it home with no problem driving this baby, Joe's SUV!!!!
 I never complain about the cold and the snow of Winter.....
 Because of auto immune disease, I am very intolerant of heat and I do not do well physically in the Summer......
 I also suffer from Sun sensitivity because of side effects of medications and again, auto immune disease so the cloudiness of the Winter is okay by me.....
 Looking up at the front of our house.....
I took these pictures of our back yard this morning right before sunrise.......
When I was growing up, my favorite thing to do was to take our dog for a walk in the evening when it was snowing......
My friends and I would always go sledding at night on the hill that I lived on growing up......
I grew up building snow men......
Having snow ball fights......
And building snow forts!!
I would love nothing more to get out in the snow to "play" like I did when I was growing up.....
  However, because of my need for a Knee Replacement, I am off balance normally and I have a profound fear of falling and fracturing something!!
  I realize now that since we were able to go sledding days after a snow fall when I was growing up that the town where I grew up really did not take care of their roads very good!!!!

I live on a larger hill than the one I grew up on.......
 My sons were never able to sled down this hill because our Department of Public Works always does such a great job keeping it clear!!!
 In my next post, I will be sharing my Winter Kitchen Hutch!!
I will be sharing these shelves in the Hutch, decorated with Holiday Harlequin dishes from Wegman's for the Winter!!!
 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Your winter tree in the Christmas is so nice and you've created such a lovely vignette. It has been a snowy winter this year but here in IL we haven't gotten 7" of snow at one time. Glad they keep your streets clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Cardinal Tree, you need to come visit for about a month! You could have so much fun decorating my home! lol
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I was looking at my evergreen wreath today wondering how I could leave it up a bit longer without looking out of place. I think I just found my inspiration! And I do love red!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the bird houses. You always inspire me a lot
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie so much red! Your home is so festive. I have almost no red at all. You know you've got me thinking about how I don't like the summertime either. When I was living in Greece the sun would make me wilt and the light was always too bright. Could it be that I also have an intolerance to it. Something to think about. But I am happy when it is winter and we get to go out and shovel the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is beautiful Debbie. Love the little bird and bird houses :) Oh wow, so much snow. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cardinals are so cute and what gorgeous snowy pictures! Thank you for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbbie, each time I read one of your posts I think that you seem like the sweetest lady! We live in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia and have had maybe 2 inches of snow so far this winter. I keep waiting for the "big one"! Thank you for linking up and sharing your lovely home with us on Party in Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Walmart has great ornaments. Those are so cute. I love cardinals. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch.
    Katie @ Let's Add Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun tree for winter Debbie. I love cardinals! Wow, we have no snow and feels like spring this week. Crazy winter in Utah this year! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...