I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, June 19, 2017

New Lighting for the Back Yard and Patio, 2017

Welcome!

Today, I will be sharing some new lighting buys that Joe made for our back yard Cottage Garden.......

You know him....he loves to shop!!

But first, I would like to Thank Beverly, over at Across the Boulevard, for featuring my post,
Gnome Fairy Garden Tub, from last week's Brag About It Linky Party!!!
 
I also want to Thank Laurie, from My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies, for featuring my post,
Summer Fairy Garden Tub, from last week's Brag about It Linky Party!!
 
And I would also want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Summer Fairy Garden Tub, from last week's Thursdays Favorite Things Party!!!
Thanks so much, Bev!

Please stop by and visit these great parties!!!

At Wegman's, Joe bought these.......
Large mouth Mason Jar Solar Caplights!!
However, I did not have any large mouth Mason Jars......

So Joe bought these at Wegman's......
You can see how the hanging apparatus fits on the bottle......

And this top screws on......
Since I have boxes of shells from a neighbor who lived in Miami and collected shells, I decided to put a few shells and some crystal gems from Dollar Tree in the bottom of the jars......
You can see them in this photo......
I love the way they look lit up!!!
Here is where I decided to hang them outside......
One here on each side of the yard......
One over on the opposite side of the fence......
And 2 on each side of the walkway......
And this is how they look as the Sun starts to set and evening falls......
I love how you can see the shells and crystals.....
The lids were $4.00 a piece in Wegman's and I like how they seal so no water gets in the jars especially since we are getting so much rain here in NEPA!!!

You may remember that I recently bought this Led Battery operated Chandy in Big Lot's a few weeks ago......
It can also be used inside which is what I intend to do in the Winter.....
It comes on in the evening by timer and the 2 LED bulbs that hang in the center change colors.....
It was hard to get good photos but they will give you an idea of what it looks like in the evenings....
It cost $20 at Big Lot's.....

Joe also bought this set of solar lights at Boscov's..........
Truth be told, he thought they were 6 feet long, 72 inches, not 72 feet!!!

I told him no worries, I had the perfect spot for them!!
Strung along the back of the house!!
And down the side and strung around the tree in the left hand corner.....
Hanging next to the tree is a bottle with a solar cap with fairy lights that hang down into the bottle that Joe bought last year at Wegman's......
Sorry for the blurriness....

You may also remember these hummingbirds that my oldest son gifted me on Mother's day.....
 Here is how they look in the evening......
They change colors and that made it hard to get a good photo of them but you get the idea, don't you?????
They are so pretty at night!!

And here is what the rest of the yard looks like in the evening!!!
For the Summer, we use a yellow bug light in the lantern......
There are dragon fly solar lights on the arbor bought at Harbor Freight last year......
There are butterfly and hummingbird color changing solar lights, also bought at Harbor Freight, in each of the pots on the chairs.......
The other side of the yard......
I added battery operated LED fairy lights to 2 lanterns hanging in the back of the yard.....
The are also dragon fly solor lights on the trellis on the opposite side of the yard......
It is wonderful to sit in the patio in the evening.......
Looking out into our back yard Cottage Garden...........
 I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Gardens Galore #3 Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

19 comments:

  1. These are precious. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute in the garden!! I am going to have to make my way to Wegman's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those new lights look so pretty. :) Very nice addition to your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, Those solar lights are pretty darn awesome! Would love to find some here. Your patio is so welcoming at night with all the pretty lights! Hope you are enjoying your week! Take care of you and Joe :)
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they make your garden look ethereal. I love it! I'd expect to see little angles and fairies flying around smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, so much prettiness in your yard, so much to comment on. Everything is incredible. Love the hummingbirds your son gave you. Just loving it all, inspiring me to do more on our porches. Looks like you and Joe work on your yard and porches quote often, keeping it all so nicely, lots of work but it shows.
    Enjoy rest of week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I could not find anywhere else where I could respond to your comment, so I am doing so here.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. I love solar lights too Debbie and coincidentally, I just did a blog post about mine also. Now I have to go find some of those jar lids...
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I love your nighttime photos, it takes on a whole different element. All the lights are wonderful, but I really love the hummingbirds, perfect!! Thank you for sharing on #OMHGFF, hope to see you next week!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs
    Karren:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debbie, It's been a while since I have been able to visit your beautiful blog. I love your yard and those hummingbirds are awesome. Found you once again at Home Matters party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful. So nice in the evening and they will extend long into the long evenings of fall. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your garden lights look terrific, don't you just love solar lights!! I have not seen those for the mason jars, I really like how you have them hanging from the hooks and putting the shells inside was a terrific idea, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how incredibly beautiful Debbie. All those lights are just so perfect and those little hummingbirds that you son gave you, oh my, they're amazing. It looks like fairies have come to visit. Hope you have a truly blessed and love filled week, beautiful lady

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, your backyard lighting is lovely! My favorites are the mason jar and shell lights--pinned! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lighting makes everything look magical Debbie! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderland. Love nighttime lights in the garden! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your lights and the yard! So relaxing to have the evening glow! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, your new lighting addition is perfect and provides a lovely ambiance to enjoy an evening in your cottage garden! Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...