I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, November 9, 2018

Good Bye to Fall and a Few "New" Goodies

 Welcome!!!

In case you haven't noticed, I have started posting over on my Christmas Blog for the 2018 Holiday Season!!!

I shared a few new Holiday Buys........
 Click HERE if you missed that post.......

I decorated the upstairs for Christmas in October to get a head start on my Christmas decorating.......

But I will admit that I am behind in starting to decorate the downstairs for Christmas as I had Halloween company over the weekend which was a lot of fun!!!!!!

 I finally got around to packing up the garden things in our back yard because we actually had some nice weather without rain!!!

 I also started to share my Annual Christmas Home Tour of our townhouse decorated for Christmas over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas......

In my first post of my Christmas Home Tour, I shared how I decorated the Upstairs Hallway for Christmas by adding a few Christmas things........
  Along with greenery and ornaments to my Collection of Lusterware dishes that I have on display in the hallway.......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.......

I will be doing short posts here on my regular Blog linking to all Christmas posts on my Christmas Blog.......

So I hope that if you visit here, you will click on the links that will lead you to my Christmas Blog.....

I mentioned that we have continued to have rainy weather for most of the month of October.....

Oddly enough, my tri-color mums never bloomed and are just starting to do so now!!!
 The one on the left is a different color combination than the other 3 that are just starting to bloom.....
 For some reason, that one bloomed and the others have just started to!!!!
 Crazy, huh???

Next week, I will decorate the front of the house for Christmas so I may try planting them in the back yard even though I tried that before and they never came back the following year.......

Same thing with the trees.......

The Fall foliage was delayed here so only about a week ago was the Peak Season here for Fall Foliage in NEPA!!!

By now, most of the leaves are already off the trees but that is not the case this year!!!!!

Joe went down to Target the other day and stumbled upon their 90% off Halloween Clearance Sale!!

He came home and we went back to Target and I picked up a few things........

This potted Black Tree was $5.00.......I paid 50 cents!!!! 
Same with this cute owl which was $5.00........again....50 cents!!!!
This sweet weather vane was $7.00.........70 cents!!
And this Ghoul was $12.00.........$1.20!!!
I will probably trim his black smock and I am thinking of attaching him to my white milk glass punch bowl next year.......
I will not be a Hostess at our church's Harvest Tea next year because I plan on having my Knee Replacement Surgery.......

But I was already thinking ahead to the following year where I will be doing a Halloween themed table........
These 2 sets of 4 Trick or Treat plates were $10.00 each...........$1.00 for each set!!!!
As I have mentioned many times before, we have been taking care of our dear neighbor Elly's house for the past few years when she was in a Nursing Home and then after she passed away.......

Now her sons are getting ready to finally sell her home and they cleaned out the attic and unearthed all kinds of treasures to which they said I was welcome to help myself to.........

Here is what found a new home in my home!!!!

These shutters with glass inserts!!!!!
It was hard to get a good picture of them.........

They fit perfectly in the Kitchen where the window once was.........
Looking at the shutters from the Den.........
Here is a great vintage blue and white speckled enamelware pot!!
I have it filled with Fall flowers in the corner of the Kitchen by the stove........
It also has a handle........

I am thinking of re-purposing this Country style little ladder.......
And here is another vintage enamelware pot with a handle and lid!!!!
When I saw these vintage galvanized sprinklers, I almost had a heart attack!!!!!!
These 3 are different sizes!!!!
Small, medium and large!!!!!

This is the medium sized one.....
Look at the patina on the spout!!

The largest one........
The spout is a rusted red color......
And the smallest one.......
It still has a pretty vibrant red spout!!!!
And look at the size and shape of this one!!!!!
I am thinking of filling it with greenery and using it out in the front yard as part of my Christmas decorations!!!!!

Don't you think that will look great???????

There was also a vintage galvanized bucket with the label still intact!!!!!!
I am thinking of using some Modge Podge to secure the label to the bucket.......
 When I looked at this close up , I saw the "Steel" mark in the upper right corner for Pittsburgh Steel.........

Have I mentioned that Joe is an avid Pittsburgh fan.....Steelers, Penguins and Pirates??????

Picture a Christmas Tree in this bucket???????

And look at the size of this wicker basket!!!
Believe me, it is huge!!!
It is in great shape and was filled with brand new yarn which I gave to a co worker of mine who knits and crochets......
I bought this in Michael's on Clearance for 80% off........
It was only $4.00!!!
And I recently won a Giveaway from Sherry, over at Our Holiday Journey and The Journey Back!!!

The Giveaway prize was this sweet Patriotic Banner.......
 Isn't it pretty?????
  And she also included these.......
She said some of these were her late Mother's that she could not part with but thought I would like them.......
They will be perfect for my Kitchen!!!!
Thanks so much, Sherry!!!

I love everything!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my "New" Goodies........

My next post will be over on my Christmas Blog as I continue my Christmas Home Tour with a post on how I decorated our Master Bedroom for Christmas and a few other areas in our bedroom that I seldom share...................
 See what I mean about Joe being a Pittsburgh fan??????

I will be linking here on my regular Blog to all my Christmas posts over on my Christmas Blog......

 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Let's Party!!

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wow Us Wednesday

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party

 FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie. I love the treasures you got from your neighbours. Especially the shutters with glass and sprinklers. Keep well. Thelma ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! It's still so hot here in FL and you are already saying goodbye to Fall. Beautiful stuff and photos you have!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! beautiful! specially those Halloween stuff are just a steal..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, loving the Halloween decorations, such bargain prices too! I normally buy all my xmas cards and wrapping paper on boxing day for the same reason! I found you through the Dishing it and Digging it link up.

    Best wishes,
    Hayley
    educatinghayley.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your bargains. It seems like I am too busy to think about showing right after a holiday to grab those bargains. I am going to try after Thanksgiving and Christmas! Happy Fall, Kippi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like (got) the treats! Sorry it took so long to send the July 4th decoration. I meant to tell you and forgot the pieced squares were in my stash someone had donated them in a box of stuff. I pulled them out and made the little banner to hang on the fireplace. When I was packing all the apple stuff at MaMa's I thought of you. Hope you enjoy it or pass on to someone else. Have you been over to the Fabulous Party? I haven't been there in a few days. Come over and link up. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed seeing all your treasures. I shop after the holidays, too, and people are always so suprised that I can do so much on a retiree's budget. Pretty soon the 90% off new gloves and hats from Goodwill will come out to go into our church's backpacks filled with clothes, snacks, and school supplies. Hannaford's had mini raviolis for .69 cents this week so that's what I got! Last year I got 90% off Thanxgiving stuff at our local Christmas Tree Shop; stuff looks good up now and shared with daughter! Got her--the Halloween fanatic--a lion's head door knocker that makes awful noise 80% off at Big Lots this week! I smiled when I saw all your apple goodies; I make theme baskets for bazaar, raffles, and gifts and that pile should would have made a nice basket's worth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Love the idea of using Clearance buys to make up raffle baskets!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  8. Those watering cans are just amazing. How sweet that they let you take some of her treasures. Did you get snow the other day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those watering cans are the best! Love the enamelware too. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...