I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Fairy Garden Projects and Gnomes, Part 2, 2016

In my last post, I shared the first of 2 of my new Fairy Garden Projects ........
 I used a galvanized tub for this first one.......
 If you missed that post, you can read about it HERE

Before I go any further, I want to Thank Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring my post, The Front Porch is finally Summer Ready!!from last week's   Grace At Home Party!!

 Thanks so much, Richella!

I also want to Thank Theresa, over at Shoestring Elegance, for featuring the same post from last week's What To Do Weekends Party!!

And I also want to Thank Cyndee, over at Christman's Creations, for choosing my post, Patriotic Summer Decor, Part 1 as one of her features from last week's Idea Box Link Party!!
Thanks a bunch, Cyndee!!

And one more Thank You to Suzanne ,over at Pieced Pastimes, for featuring my post, Leaving the Nest, from last week's Saturday Sparks Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Suzanne!!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!

In this post, I am sharing my second Fairy Garden Project and this one is about Gnomes!!
 It all started when I bought these Fairy Garden items at Big Lots.....
 This is what this Fairy Garden looked like last year......
I started by first taking all the rocks and crystals out of it and striping it down to the dirt which I then covered with weed block fabric.......
You can see the Hens and Chicks are doing fine here......

I first put down a layer of  Pea Gravel and then I used blue crystals for"Water", green crystals for "Grass" and River Rocks......
I already had all of those items .......

This Fairy House was bought at Big Lots this year.....
The sweet little Lady Gnome is also from Big Lots......
I created the "pond" with blue crystals from Dollar Tree and framed it out with River Rocks.....
There is a bridge ( JoAnn Fabrics last year) over the grassy area created with green crystals.....
The cute Fairy sitting on a Toad Stool is from Big Lots....
The white picket fence was bought one Christmas at Michaels.....
Isn't that a sweet Tea Table??????
This Toad Stool House was bought last year at JoAnn Fabrics....
This little Gnome is from Big Lots.....
And the Sign......
And that is what my Gnome Fairy Garden looks like ......
I have it sitting on a table that almost looks like a Toad Stool!!
I do have some other Garden Gnomes and this year , I decided to put them out in the Garden......
This one is taking a nap in a hammock....
A large Toad Stool sits near by.....
Another one is taking a break out of the Sun......

Over behind the Bird Bath.......
 This Gnome is listening to what the Frog has to say!!
 On the other side of the Bird Bath....
 Another little Toad Stool........
 This cute "Garden Door" was bought at a Church Flea Market for $2.00 last year!!
 And this one Welcomes You to Our Garden!!
Speaking of the Garden..........
 This is how my Cottage Garden looks in the early morning with the Sun coming up.......
 I have all my pots now planted with annuals except for 2 hanging bags that I have to go and buy impatiens for........
 The Perennials are starting to bloom......
  And soon I will be sharing my Patio and back yard Cottage Garden with you!!

 Joe and I are on a Stacation this week!!

We have a lot to do this week as far as preparing for Joe's upcoming Retirement in September......

Another Meeting with the Financial Advisor

Filing for his Social Security online

Filling out all his Retirement paperwork from the Post Office......

And I will also be working in my new "Sitting Room", former Guest Room!!!

We gave the single bed to a neighbor and bought this wonderful Swivel Rocker/Recliner!!!
 It is so incredibly comfortable and will be my "Reading" chair!!
And I am sure it will also be a "Sleeping" chair!!  LOL!

I have a lot of painting of furniture to do before the Big Reveal!!

So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

 Spring Inspirations Linky Party 
May Garden Party


MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party

Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...