I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, July 10, 2015

My Creative Space 2015, Part 1, Where Bloggers Create

 Welcome to My Creative Space!!!
I have been working hard updating, organizing, purging and re-arranging this space since the beginning of the year!!

What can I tell you.......I still work full time....but only for 2 more weeks then I go Part Time!!

 WHOA!!!

Anyway, I have done so much in this small little extra bedroom making it My Creative Space that I need to show you it in several posts!!

In addition to all my weekly parties that I link up to, I will be linking both posts up to the Annual Where Bloggers Create Party hosted by Karen over at My Desert Cottage!!!
Please be sure to check out this amazing party showcasing all types and sorts of Creative Spaces!!

 I  KNOW you will be inspired!!

 I can't wait to make my rounds visiting all the link ups which I know will take me some time as I want to savor each one!!!

Thanks so much for Karen for hosting this fantastic party!!!

First, I want to thank Kathryn, over at Katherine's Corner, for featuring my post, My Colorful Back Yard Patio 2015, Part 1  in her post, Make it Mondays, showcasing features from her weekly party,  Thursdays Favorite Things Blog Hop!!
Thanks so much, Kathryn!!

Okay, Let's start the Tour of My newly organized Creative Space!!!

Let me show you the whole room first.......
 This room was my oldest son's room and only measures 8' by 10'.
 I am sorry that the photos are a bit dark but it has been raining every day and I could not get any photos with the Sun out!!
 In this post, I am going to share half of the room with you......
I hope to be spending a lot of time in this room.....playing..........

So I want it to Inspire Me and Make Me Happy!!

Lets start at the door way into the room.......
This room is one of 2 bedrooms in the back of our townhouse, upstairs.......
My clothes are actually in this closet because the closet in our bedroom is filled with Joe's Postal uniforms and hockey jerseys!!

Above the closet......
A Tin that I bought on Ebay......
Some day, when Joe retires and we can get rid of all those Postal Clothes, I hope to move my clothes out of this closet, take the doors off and use the closet for more storage even though I do have craft items stored in here....
I made this embellished Fly Swatter......
Next to the closet.......
I used white storage shelfing that I bought at Walmart a few years ago ........
I have fabric stored in this vintage hamper.......
And crafts waiting to be made in this tub.......

I picked up glass jars at yard sales and thrift stores to use for storage.......
And I used Chalkboard Stickers from Michaels to label everything that I could label!!!!!
Now I have to have pretties in this room.........
Isn't she sweet?

The picture is actually from a Thomas Kinkaid Calendar that I put in a yard sale frame!!
I used to call this my Mother's Display but it is also Our Family Display!!!
These are our Ancesters.............
Those that came before us and help to form our Family!!
These are also the Women who inspire me!!!

On the far left is Joe's Paternal Grandparents and next to that photo is Joe's Parents......
In the center are my Parents and below them are my maternal Grandparents......
On the far left is Joe's Maternal Grandparents and my Paternal Grandparents are pictured in the larger frame......
The glass Mother plaque was a gift from my sons.......
I love to look at my Family and be inspired by the hard work that they all did especially the grandparents of both families who came here from Poland to start a new life!
I am able to store quite a bit of things on this shelf!!
I used a white marker to write on the chalkboard labels......
On each side of the window are shelves that originally were used to house my son's stereo equipment!!
On the left side of the window.....
Paints......
I used extra brackets for the shelves to hang wreaths from.......
Joe made me something to store my wreaths on by gluing a PVC pipe to a board and we covered it with contact paper!!
My Chandy Light Fixture!!
It is a light fixture that I bought at an estate sale that I hung through a chandy!!
And of course, I glammed it up!!
My work space is an ordinary computer desk that I bought at a flea market and added a  piece of lumber to the top of it to enlarge it........
I bought this shelf at Salvation Army and I dabbled with some pictures that I cut out of old calendars and Modge Podge!!
I placed it on top of the desk for added storage......
These lovely canisters were gifted to me by Susan, over at Eclectic Shorebird!!!
 Susan, I am sorry it took so long to share with you what I did with them!!!!

Thanks so much, dear friend!!!  I love them!!!!

I have goodies stored in them!!
 I used cans from food that I sprayed and embellished for storage......
 Salt and pepper shakers filled with glitter......
My Work Space.......
On the left side is something that I recently bought at Sam's Club......
 It is supposed to be used for Cook Out Condiments but I have used it for storing a wealth of things.....
  You can see a small container that I have glue sticks in attached to the side......
There is a section of 3 boxes that can be taken out and attached on the outside of the container too.....
I not only have the chandy above the work space but I have the 2 lights on each side for lighting......
 And here is my chair which was bought at a church flea market for $5.00.....
It was one of the chairs used on the altar!!

I played a bit with decoupage.......
I cut up a curtain panel and reupholstered the seat with this cute fabric.......

I need a back support when sitting in a straight back chair and that is what the black cushion is......

This is a pad that I use when I use the glue gun to protect the top of the work space even though I do have it covered with a clear plastic.......
I wanted a drawer but since this is a computer desk, it had none.
So I used the shelf where the keyboard was supposed to go and I attached some food take out containers that I saved with double stick tape and created my own drawer for storage!!
I even have things stored under the desk......
 If I need more space to work off of, I keep a 4' by 2' table in the closet that I can easily set up.....

The other side of the window.....
More storage on the shelves on this side of the window......
In the beginning of the year, I decided to go with a bigger TV in our Den and bought a 32 inch TV for that room.
So we moved the 24 inch TV from the Den up into my Craft Room......
I can watch it from my work space and from my sewing table on the other side of the room.......
I have a DVD player hooked up to it so I can watch movies or listen to CD's!
A smaller shelving unit is underneath the shelves on the wall......
On top is an old drawer that I painted , and filled with glues.......
And a pretty frilly basket used for controllers and TV and DVD player instructions....
Items stored on the 2 small shelves.......
Some pretties.....
The picture is an old Home Interior Item........
And another Home Interiors item filled with silk flowers below it....
And here is my Summer Tree!!!!!
Yes, this tree is always up and decorated in My Creative Space!!!

If you are new to Debbie=Dabble, I always have a Tree or 2 decorated for the different Holidays and Seasons!!!

This one is decorated for Summer with Butterflies, Birds, Ice Cream Cones.......
Pink Roses, Cup Cakes......
Tea Cups and Tea Pots......
I love to light it up in the evening!!!!!
Don't you love that glow?????
I did another post on how I created this Joyful Summer Tree, please click HERE to read..........

And on that note, I will end Part 1 of my Tour of my Creative Space!!!

To continue on with the Tour of My Creative Space 2015, Part 2 , the other half of the room......

Please click HERE
I hope you enjoyed Part 1!!!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE do not be a No-Reply Blogger and give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

I hope you will come by and visit  again!!


And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

I am linking up to these parties:

Annual Where Bloggers Create Party

SATURDAY
 The Creative Collection Link Party
 Pink Saturday
  Saturday Sparks
Say G' Day Saturday 
 Party Junk

SUNDAY
 Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
Silver Pennies Sunday
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
Sundays Down Under

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
 Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J

TUESDAY
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
What's It Wednesday
Before and After Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link

THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Show and Tell Friday
Friday Favorites
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
Fabulous Fridays - every 2 weeks
Friday Features Linky Party
The Creative Exchange
 Home Matters Linky Party
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...