I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, October 4, 2013

The ReModel, Part 3, Kitchen and Powder Room Reveal!

I survived the Re-Model!!!

I finished putting the entire downstairs back to together and unpacked the last box of Living Room items at 4:00 pm on Monday...... I laid down for awhile and then went to work that night!!

That was when I realized that I should have taken another night or two off!!! 

LOL!!

Today I am going to share with you how my Kitchen and Powder Room now looks.......

Here is my Country Victorian Kitchen with it's new counter tops, sink and wood laminate floors!!
I love the look of the wood laminate floors in the Kitchen.......makes it look like an old fashioned Kitchen!!
I have felt pads on the bottom of everything!!!
The new white molding really defines the flooring......
Looking over at my new counter tops.....
No more Harvest Gold floors and counter tops.....
I love my new sink.....
 It is an E Granite sink and you only need soap and water to clean it.....
 New faucet with a vintage style.....
 Of course, we had to go and buy a new dish drainer too.....
 I like the chrome and red on it.  We bought it at Bed, bath and Beyond.....
 Over at my little coffee and tea area.....
 Looking towards the Dining Room.......
Looking in from the Den, the only room downstairs that did not get new flooring......
 We were able to use the left over piece of counter top to place on the shelf for the microwave.......
This counter bar was built for us many years ago and had a butcher block counter top on it....
  Now all my counter tops match.....
Looking in from the hall way....
What a difference......
Let me show you that difference.....

 Before
 After
 Before
 After
 Before
After
Before
 After
 

 The Kitchen Re-Model started in 2011 when we re-painted the cabinets and walls and added new wall paper border. Then last year in 2012, we replaced the stove and refrigerator when the old stove caught fire!!
We also bought a new red microwave and toaster. And now this year, completed the project with the new flooring, counter tops , sink and faucet........

After 35 years, I finally LOVE my Kitchen!!

 And now I want to show you the Powder Room.....

Many of you know that we painted and added a new border in the Powder Room in June. Jim and Mark, J & M Construction,  then replaced my new medicine cabinet with a new light bar and a new medicine cabinet so all that had to be done then was the floor.

So here is my downstairs Powder Room now completely refinished with the new flooring, Sierra Slate by Swiftlock.
It is very neutral and so much better than the old green linoleum floor that we had for the last 20+ years....
It fits in nicely with my newly painted grey walls.....
Here is the new medicine cabinet and light bar that was installed in June.....
Gives it that vintage Victorian look that I was looking for.....
And looking out into the hall way....
 Let me show you the difference...
Before
 
 And you may remember that this was how it looked before we painted.....
After
I am so glad that this is all over and behind us. It was a lot of work and preparation before hand but our contractors, J & M Construction made it an enjoyable experience.

Here is where we bought everything:

Lowe's:
Pergo Max Burnished Fruitwood Laminate Flooring
Swiftlock Sierra Slate Laminate Flooring
Milano Amber Stock laminate counter tops
Sonterra Faucet
All Molding

Eastern Penn Supply Company
 E Granite Sink by ELKAY

If you missed Part One of The Re-Model, please click HERE

If you missed Part Twp of the Re-Model, please click HERE

I have a lot going on in the next few weeks. I am hosting a table at our church's Harvest Tea next week . I will be busy preparing for that.  My Theme for my table is "Quoth the Raven, NEVERMORE"!

I did get a few things crafted when they were working on the flooring but not a lot so I have decided not to do the first Craft Fair that I usually do in November and will just do our church's Craft Fair which I am Co Chairing.....

I will not be decorating the inside of the house for Fall and Halloween which is killing me but there is just not enough time so I will gradually start my Christmas decorating.  Hopefully, that will put me ahead of the game this year.....

I also want to update you on my Weight Loss Journey....

It has been a busy 4-5 weeks with me packing up the downstairs and painting to prepare for the new flooring. I guess the stress of it all caused me to Plateau for awhile but now, I seem to be over that.

So I weighed in this week at 188 pounds.....So I have lost 37.9 pounds since March! My goal is to lose another 23 pounds by March of 2014 for a total of 60 pounds lost.

I am now wearing clothes that I have not worn for many years and they are getting big on me.  I will be thrilled when I hit that 40 pounds of weight loss mark though....

My Amazing friend, Anne Marie has lost 86 pounds since Jan. and is only 14 pounds shy of her 100 pound weight loss goal!!!!  I keep telling her she should be on a Weight Watcher's Commercial, don't you think??????  She will be at the Harvest Tea so I hope to share pictures of us then........

I should have the final chapters of  The Re-Model up soon, sharing how my Living Room and Dining Room now look.

I am so thrilled with how everything came out.

 I feel like I have finally made our home into the Country Victorian Bed and Breakfast that I always wanted!

I am linking up with these great parties this week:

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
 Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
Saturday Show and Tell 
    Serenity  Saturday
 Saturday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 


TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY 
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Creative Wednesdays 
Rednesday

THURSDAY
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Pearls and Lace Thursday
  Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays 
Create it Thursday

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 What To Do Weekends
 TGIF Link Party
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
 Weekend Blog Linky Party
Friday's Five Features Party
Friday Favorites
Let's Get Real Friday Party
Anything Blue Fridays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...