I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, December 31, 2016

My One Little Word for 2017!!!


 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
HAPPY 2017!!!!!!

Here it is , the start of another New Year!!

 And it is time to choose My One Little Word for 2017!!
  What this means is choosing One Little Word to focus on for the year........

As I have stated in these posts for the past several years, I no longer have New Year's Resolutions but I do have Aspirations for the New Year.......

Last year, My One Little Word was WELLNESS
 Click HERE to read my post from last year.....

 During the past year, I tried to focus on all aspects of Wellness.........
 Here is how I did.........

PHYSICAL WELLNESS:
Weight loss is always an aspiration for me but now as I age, I realize I need to lose weight to maintain my Health.

I gained some weight when I went Part Time and right before the holidays, I am happy to say that I lost half of the weight that I had gained.

So far, over the Holidays, I have maintained that weight loss and not gained any more.

Because of my need for Knee Replacement Surgery in the future, I realize that it is imperative for me to lose more weight.

I also started taking care of some dental issues that I had and need to have taken care of before my Knee Replacement Surgery.

Exercise is always an issue for me because of my physical issues like a bad back and arthritis.

Being able to go Part Time has greatly improved my Sleep issues as I worked night shift for over 30 years and I still do work night shift.

I am no longer sleeping only 4-5 hours a day and now I am getting at least 7 hours of sleep when I am not working.

ENVIRONMENTAL WELLNESS
I did do more purging of things that I did not need, want or love around the house.

And if I buy something new, I try to get rid of something that I already have.....

I did do a lot more organizing inside the house and I am satisfied with the outcome of making it a lot easier to find things!!

INTELLECTUAL WELLNESS:
I wanted to relax more and sit and read a book.

I even worked all Summer long in changing our Guest Room into a Sitting Room for myself.

I wanted to craft more and that I definitely did.

I crafted a lot for myself instead of making things to sell and that brought the joy of crafting back into my life!!

FINANCIAL WELLNESS:
 
This became the major focus of last year for both Joe and I because Joe retired at the end of September.

We worked with a Financial advisor planning for his retirement and finally by the beginning of December , were able to get everything settled as far as his pension, Social Security and 401K plan.

And I am quite proud to say that Joe has achieved success in quitting smoking!!

He started the Nicoderm Patch on December 1st and has not had a cigarette since!!

He estimates that this will save us at least $300 a month!!

SOCIAL WELLNESS :
I wanted to reconnect with family and friends and spend more time with those that I love.

We once again had our family Christmas party here with my sister and her family making it now an annual event.

I started having our kids over for Dinner at least every few weeks even though there was no Holiday or event to celebrate.

And with Joe retiring, we are getting out more  and going more places together.

SPIRITUAL WELLNESS:
 2 years ago, I took a step back and bowed out of running several major Fund Raising events at our church, taking an "Out of sight, out of mind" attitude.

I wanted to try to attend church more in the past year but this is still an issue because of the priest that we currently have at our parish.

I will not elaborate on this but we will have to make a decision soon whether to stay at the parish that we love or join another parish. This breaks my heart......

I also wanted to relax more and take time to "Smell the Roses"

And I think I did slow down a bit and stop running at the "Speed of Light".

Okay, so all in all, I think I did not do too badly in achieving what I aspired to do last year!!

SO.........

What is My One Little Word for this year.........

2017??????????
I chose this word right after our National Election results were in.........
 
Yes, HOPE is My One Little Word for 2017!!!!!!

What exactly is HOPE????????
"HOPE is the little voice you hear whisper "Maybe" when it seems the entire world is shouting NO!!"

I was pretty much shouting NO after I saw the election results and experienced a profound feeling of Doom and Gloom like I had never felt before.......

I soon decided that this feeling was rather silly ...........

So I chose to HOPE......
 "HOPE sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible"

 I decided that HOPE........
 Was going to be the focus of the New Year of 2017!!!

I was going to HOPE that all my fears for this country would be proven wrong!!!!
 That the Stock Market would not plunge and I would not lose my hard earned investments that will allow me to retire early and that allowed Joe to retire early!!!
 But enough Political talk as I think I have said enough on that subject.......

I also have other things that I HOPE to achieve this year.......
 And again, it goes back to the Aspirations that I have had for the past few years.......

I HOPE to achieve a Healthy Lifestyle with weight balance, exercise, good eating habits and sleep......

I HOPE to continue achieving balance in our home through purging and organization......
I HOPE to find the time to read more, craft more, relax more and enjoy the things I love to do and stop and "Smell the Roses"

I HOPE to maintain and increase our Financial Wellness by continuing to work with our financial advisor and to live within our means.....

I HOPE to spend more time with those that I love ......

I HOPE that now that Joe is retired that we enjoy spending more time together and get to do more things together.......
"HOPE gives you wings"

I HOPE to find my wings and SOAR this year!!!!
Because HOPE can change EVERYTHING!!!!!

Because.........
So true, isn't it??????

My HOPE for all of you is for a HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
And this is what I HOPE this NEW YEAR brings to you......
" I HOPE
For love, joy and laughter
I HOPE
We'll have more than we'll ever need
I HOPE
We'll have more happy ever afters
I HOPE
We can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
I HOPE"

I HOPE............

For a very HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND THOSE THAT ARE DEAR TO YOU!!!!!!

I am still posting over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, finishing up the Holiday Season, but will be returning here to my regular blog soon......

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

 January Tidy Up Linky Party

2017 One Word Blog Hop 

Word of the Year Linky Party 2017

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!
 
SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
 Over the Moon Linky Party

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks




Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

24 comments:

  1. I like your new word, HOPE, for 2017, Debbie! Hope is such a positive word. Without it, we don't have much. You did well in the past year and I know you will succeed in doing well in the coming year. Happy New Year, my friend, and may every blessing be yours in the coming new year.

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very happy new year and many blessings in 2017. Your word Hope for the year is a great one and I think you will be amazed!! Hugs🎉💕🎉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. Hope is a great word. We have to have hope. Without it we only have fear. Great post. Sorry you were hacked. I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Debbie! Congrats on achieving your "Wellness" goals in 2016. I echo the other comments that "Hope" is a great word for 2017. The cover of my new "Cup of Tea" calendar has the famous quote, "While there is tea, there is hope."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope is a great word. We all need it! Again happy new year!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year sweet friend. What a great and uplifting post! You always write such a wonderful New Years post. And this year you can link over at Our Holiday Blog! The link is live now. Come by and check it out!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/01/january-fabulous-tidy-up-link-party.html
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe enjoyed reading your post today on New Years Day. Yes indeed we all need Hope. The Bible Says that without Hope a man will perish and that is so true. Congratulations on the success you have had in different areas in 2016. My friend I HOPE that all of your dreams and then some come true for 2017. I will be posting this week about my Focus Word for 2017. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice! Hope is a positive approach to all things. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely word for the year, I hope it brings you all you want. A great way to look at the year just passed too. Happy New Year. #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried choosing one word to focus on for the year, but that is a great idea. And you chose such a powerful word too! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you achieved what you wanted last year, I too have hope for the years to come, praying God leads our new president in the correct way to lead this country with God at the center of it all. That is the only way we are going to do well as a country. Sorry to hear you may have to leave your parish, that is always hard to leave your church family and start over with all new people. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone seems to be picking one word this year! So amazing. I picked #quality. If you want to read my take on it you can find a blog post on it here: http://iamzoewatson.com/2017/01/02/reachable-goals/

    Thanks for posting this on the turn itt up Tuesday link party for me to find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great choice of word for the year. I am hopeful, too, that our new president will make good choices.

    I can certainly sympathize with you over the church issue. Went through a similar issue after our parish was merged with another in town. With a priest who was only ordained for about 4 years. With two parishes that were like the oil and water. My husband and I were very active in the parish and were squeezed out by the new pastor. We tried for several years and three years ago, we finally changed parishes. Best decision ever. I understand your angst - we had been parishioners for over 20 years, but we are happier and love our new parish. And even though that priest was moved a year after we left - we decided not to go back. I hope you find peace with your decision.

    Happy 2017. Maybe I'll actually start posting in my blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year from all of us at #DIDI :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't forget to come and share your wisdom at The Fabulous January Party.
    I came over again from The Art Of Homemaking!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/01/january-fabulous-tidy-up-link-party.html
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, thanks for sharing this with us on the homesteader hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie,
      Thanks so much for stopping and for taking the time to leave such a kind comment!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so i am leaving my return comment here.....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  17. Hope is a wonderful word Debbie! Imagine what a pitiful world this would be without Hope! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, this is a wonderfully encouraging post! It sounds like you are taking steps in every possible area of life and are on track to have a great year. This is a post I'm going to re-read from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry your blog was hacked. That's awful! Kudos to you for coming back and continuing on! Happy Saturday, from the Saturday Sparks Link up.
    Megs http://sunnyand80.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sorry to hear your blog was hacked! That's one of the worst things that can happen when you're a blogger. Hope is an amazing word to have for your word of the year. I "Hope" that you're able to get the "hope" alive during this coming year. I look forward to seeing how you do.

    Thanks for sharing with the Tips and Tricks Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope is a wonderful word for the new year, Debbie! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie you have chosen a great word for 2017! We all need to keep on hoping because without hope we are doomed. I too am a positive person and always try to look at this from a sunny perspective. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes! the word "HOPE" keeps us moving .. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...