I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Patriotic Doll House and "Sweet Treats"

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Today, I will be sharing Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, all decked out to celebrate the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer!!!!
 

 And a few Patriotic Sweet Treats......


But first, a few Personal Notes...
 
 
I will start with a thoughts on Blogging ...
 
I have cut back on posting like I mentioned in my last 2 posts and again, I THANK all those who commented , emailed me and commented on FB in regards to me continuing to Blog......
 
It meant a lot to me and it was greatly appreciated!!!
 
It is looking like I will be posting 2 times a week.....
 
I am a girl who likes schedules and To Do Lists so I will try to keep on a schedule of posting on Sundays and  Wednesdays....
 

Over the weekend, I did a bit of Blog Clean Up.....

I am still one of those old Bloggers who has a Blog Roll on her side bar.....
 

 "A blogroll is a list of blogs, usually placed in the sidebar of a blog, that reads as a list of recommendations by the blogger of other blogs."

I actually have 2 of them, organized in Alphabetical order and by when the Last Post of each Blog was....

I went through and deleted over 100 blogs that have ceased to exist since the beginning of 2020!!!!!

Some bloggers said Good Bye and listed their reasons for doing so but the majority of them just faded off into the Sunset......

This distressed me greatly because these were Blogs I read and bloggers that I commented back and forth with.....
 
Bloggers that I cared about....

Their disappearances has made me fret if they are okay, did they survive CoVid , did something happen to them or did they simply choose to walk away , leaving the rest of us wondering what their fate was....


I do wish when someone is leaving Blogging that they would inform their readers so they will not be left to worry about them and wonder what has become of them....

I just think that is common courtesy, don't you??????

Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments.....
 
Another note is that Feedburner is discontinuing it's mail subscription service....
 
I am going to try to switch over to Mailchimp email subscription service myself but we will see....

I will keep you posted on how that one goes....
 
 
 
About 3 weeks ago, my new refrigerator, that is only 9 months old,  started to make quite a loud noise.....

It definitely did not sound "normal"!!

So we quickly cleaned out the freezer and took everything to our son Joey's apartment for fear that the refrigerator was either going to blow up or die....

Since Joe is now home with little to do, I had him call the appropriate parties to find out what could be done as it still was under the manufacturer's original warranty...
 
 

We also had purchased a 3 year extended warranty....

Much to our dismay, an appointment for a repairman to come and look at the refrigerator could not be made until June 23rd.....

I understand that this is what is happening all over the Country because of the Pandemic.....

In less than 2 days, the refrigerator stopped making that deafening noise and has not done so since so I decided to do a bit of research like I normally do when things like this happen......

Did you know that there are lots of videos online about "normal" refrigerator noises??????
 
Who knew?????

Well, I found one on Hotpoint refrigerator noises and Joey, Joe and I intently listened and deemed that the noise the refrigerator was making could very well be a "normal" noise.....
 
 

 Click HERE if interested in giving a listen.....
 
Upon further investigation on my part, I learned that when a refrigerator is self defrosting it may make a loud "whirring" noise for a few days!!

Well, there you go!!!!

We did have quite a bit of food in the freezer as Joe kept buying things when on sale....

He is now on notice to tone down what he is buying to put in the freezer so it is not packed to the hilt...
 
It was a learning experience for Joe, finding out what it is like to be on the phone for hours, trying to contact someone about an appliance warranty and repair.....
 
He has also been responsible for taking care of his own healthcare issues with his Medicare supplement insurance.....something I have gotten great joy over because when I carried him on my Healthcare, I was always the one who did that!!!

And I have always taken care of everything having to do with the house....

We decided to cancel the repair appointment and see how it goes since the refrigerator actually never stopped working..... 
 
Time will tell.....
 
 
 
In my last post, I shared how my back yard Cottage Garden is progressing along with other garden areas.....
 
 



 Click HERE if you missed it.....

We had sweltering heat and humidity over the weekend with storms that moved through on Monday into Tuesday, giving the garden a good watering.....

These are pictures I took from our front porch of the storms coming.....


 It was 7:30 pm and it got so dark that the street lights and my outside lights came on which are set on a timer to come on at dusk!

You can see the VA Hospital on the hill above the roof tops of the houses across our court......


There were a few heavy downpours and some thunder but not the heavy winds that they were predicting.......

Thank Goodness!

It continued to rain until Tuesday afternoon......

We got a total of  1 and 1/4 inches of rain from Monday evening until Tuesday afternoon.....



The storms ushered in a cold front.....

It was 46 degrees here this morning and it was absolutely beautiful sleeping with the window wide open in our bedroom!!!

The rest of the week, til the weekend, looks nice with high's in the high 70's and low humidity making me one happy camper!!

 
 
In a previous post, I shared how I decorated the China Cupboard and the area around it in the Den for Summer with a touch of Patriotism and a "new" Patriotic Tree!!
 
 
  


 
Click HERE if you missed that post.....
 
 
Also out in the Den is Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House.......
 
 
Remember that our Den was once the back porch of our townhouse so it is very narrow......

 
Nelson Crest sits on a round table on a turntable that I designed so it can be turned easily to see the inside......


I love to decorate Nelson Crest for the different Holidays and Seasons.....

The Grand Old Dame is now decked out for the Summer Patriotic Holidays!!!


Let's take a look at the side yard....

I left the flowering bushes that I had out when I decorated for Spring and Easter......


The yard on the left side of the sidewalk......

The Flag is flying proudly......


A garden bench, potted plants, a welcome stone and an angel statuary......


Nelson Crest has Patriotic banners displayed underneath all her windows and from the second floor balcony......

I made them from crepe paper ribbon.......


The second floor balcony.....

American flags and banners proudly displayed.......

Potted plants on the balcony railing.....

A Patriotic Wreath embellished with firecrackers.....


"Created by Roy Nelson   2008"

Some greenery growing on the balcony railing.....


The front porch......

More flags on the porch railings.....

A wreath that I made by using stars and firecrackers hangs on the front door.....

A delivery of milk and eggs has just been delivered to the Nelson's.....


 
On the right side of the front yard.....

 
 A gazing ball, a pond potted plants and a Grecian type garden urn.....
 
 
 
 
 
 Around the side of the house is a fountain....

 
 
 
More flowering bushes on this side......
 
 
And a rock garden and wheel barrow filled with flowers.....


Nelson Crest will stay decorated for Summer until it is time to decorate her for Halloween!!

 
 I hope you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest in her Patriotic finery....


And now to the second part of this post.....

I mentioned in the title,  "Sweet Treats"....

You may remember my friend Angela who gifted me these wonderful items that she hand crafted.....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click HERE if you missed that post..... 

And she also gifted me this spectacular mini room box of my Craft Room!!!!

 
 




 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

When I cleaned out my Craft Room in the beginning of this year, I sent Angela 3 boxes of craft supplies that I knew she would be able to use and appreciate....

 
To show her appreciation, Angela gifted me all those wonderful things.....
 
BUT...
 
She didn't stop at those.....
 
She had made these some time ago....around Memorial Day....
 

She was not able to sent them to me because several days short of going for her Co vid vaccination, my friend Angela, had contracted Co vid and for 3 weeks was extremely ill.....

Thank God she did not have to be hospitalized or put on a ventilator and is finally feeling better.....

Here she is with her charming husband......
 

 I was ever so glad to see her sweet smile after all that she had been through......


 
And I am so thrilled to mentioned that she also welcomed a Great Grand Daughter!!!!
 


OMG!!

Isn't she darling!!

The other day, these Patriotic Faux Desserts came in the mail for me!!!!!

 
I was speechless!!!!!
 
 
 
 After seeing my Patriotic decor, she decided to try her hand at making these.....


 
 
 
 
 
 
And will you look at the Goodies on this tray......
 
 
Check out the Oreo's!!!

 
And the strawberry!!!!!


 
 
Thanks so much, Angela!!!!

Here are a few more faux desserts she has made.....

Faux Parfaits....


 
So sweet in more ways than one!!!

You can view Angela's other creations on her FB site, Angela's Queen Anne's Lace....

Click HERE if interested.....


 I will be sharing in the future where I decided to display the charming Patriotic desserts that Angela gifted me.....
 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 Your Whim's Wednesday Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

28 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday to you.
    Bloggers just disappearing is very unsettling to me. I do not believe we are entitled to personal information but as you said a kind of relationship has been formed. A new kind of friendship has been made and to just disappear makes us scared for them. Especially this past year.
    Anyway, happy the new frig is now behaving himself. Crossed fingers and toes all is fine in that department.
    As for your weather, I know you, ( like me) are happy in cooler weather. Last week here in California we were slapped with 106. I melted a bit.
    Nelson Crest looks to me as the perfect little neighbor to have! Such fun no matter our age.
    Hope you have a beautiful week, full of love, fun and chosen busyness.
    Blessings to you 🙏🏼❤️
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie,
      Thanks again for stopping by once again...I am hoping the refrigerator now keeps working and not making any noises...We will be having a heat wave of several days of 90 degrees next week! I will be stuck in the house...I hope you have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  2. So glad to read that Angela is feeling better!!! And her great-grand daughter…so tiny…so perfect…with the breath of God still on her!!!!! The BEST days are those when babies arrive!

    As to why bloggers don’t say goodbye…inferential reasons for different folks…I agree that it is polite to take the time to bid adios, but maybe there were mitigating circumstances (death / illness of self or loved one) that played a role…

    I am SO jelly of your wether….here it is crawling into the upper 90s - bleh!

    Poor Joe…dealing with customer service (or lack thereof) and warranties…yuck…trying to get a hold of anyone is like trying to speak to someone on the other side of the moon!

    Glad to read your fridge is doing better! We shouldn’t stock a freezer to the hilt? Oops…Joe and I are alike in that manner :-)

    xoxo,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina,
      Thanks so much for visiting once more...We will be having a whole week of 90 degree temps. this coming week so I will be stuck in the house all week!! Supposedly you are supposed to keep the holes where the cold air comes out of the back of the freezer clear....Ours was not...So we will not be putting a;; that much food into it from now on...Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  3. I am so glad Angela has recovered. She's very clever and talented -- and generous, too. Love the dollhouse. I have made the switch to mail chimp and loved it. And I'm with you -- it's so hard when someone just leaves the blog. There may be extenuating circumstances that prohibit a post but I think most of the time they stop for a bit -- and just never come back. Like you, I worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your fridge is OK! Mine is 30 years old and I want to replace it so badly...tomorrow I am getting a replacement dishwasher. My fridge was never hooked up for the automatic ice maker and sometimes it made a noise--you'd swear it was chickens clucking! Always made me smile! My 15 yo+ dishwasher died several weeks ago. Take my clothes drier (I have indoor and outdoor clotheslines)---take my dw over my deady body! I always love seeing Nelsoncrest decked out for the holidays and makes me want to work on mine. Have project lined up on the kitchen table--now I need ambition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks again for visiting!!
      Hopefully, I was right about the freezer defrosting...We will see.....Joe is my dishwasher!! Have a good weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. Golly loving your transferware cabinet...I've never seen that much red/blue together at one time. Your yard looks great, and you had the same slow start we did. Cold then boil...yikes! Nelson Crest is always a joy! I've switched to Follow IT..for the meantime...hoping that will work for people showing up! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always sad when a blogger quits posting. I really enjoy reading several of the blogs that have gone MIA. I keep my list of blogs I follow on my sidebar because I was always having issues with feed burner. Even when I am not blogging, I was still following everyone. I do worry about some that just suddenly stopped.

    So sad your friend contracted Covid. And so scary. Glad she is doing better and what an adorable great granddaughter! Happy she is on the mend. The treats for your doll house are so special.

    I love how you decorate your doll house seasonally. I have been stockpiling supplies, furniture and decor for the day the little fingers leave mine alone. You are giving me lots of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie,
    Nelson Crest looks beautiful dressed up in Patriotic finery. Amazing how intricate all the decorations are. You must have immense patience. I am so glad to hear your friend Angela is recovered from Covid and was able to welcome her sweet, beautiful granddaughter. Her work is amazing! Those faux sweet treats look good enough to eat. What a beautiful, generous gift. God's Blessings to all and Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda,
      Thanks again for always visiting!! Angela is very talented!! I do love the treats that she made for me!! I hope you have a great weekend!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. No one is owed an explanation for leaving social media. One can wonder about someone who has stopped posting, but if one is *worrying* over a virtual stranger's disappearance, it seems it is time for some anxiety counselling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Never said I wanted an explanation for someone who stops posting...But a Good Bye would be nice and those that you named as "virtual strangers" may be just that to you but to so many Bloggers, other bloggers have become friends as in the same way as a pen pal or are you too young to even know what that is??? In regards to the "anxiety Counseling" that you mention, I find it sad that you would think one would need that because one "worries" about another human being....Sounds like you are the one with the problem......
      Deb

      Delete
  9. Well said Deb and a good comparison with pen pals! What a sad world this would be if we all stopped caring about one another! Your dollhouse is gorgeous and I love seeing it change with the seasons. Glad to see Angela looking so well. She is incredibly talented and her faux desserts are amazing! I'm so glad that you worked out a schedule and as always, I will continue to look forward to your posts. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dollhouse is gorgeous!! Absolutely stunning!
    God Bless Angela!

    CottonNutty
    Funtastic Friday Link Party, # 44

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment!! I could not find anywhere else to respond to your comment so I am responding here....I hope you are having a good weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  11. Yes I wish that more people would let you know they are leaving and not just stop with no explanation.
    Your Victorian house looks great all decked out patriotic!
    We just had some extreme showers go through here last night, and then this morning it was so dark at 10 am you would think it was night time, but it is starting to clear for at least a couple hours before the next system comes through, but thankful for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie: I have contacted certain ones that I enjoyed visiting to see if they are OK but really have gotten no answers back. You do worry after spending so much time with someone. When we first got our newest fridge we didn't hook up the ice maker so now every once in awhile I have to stop and think what that noise is. A refrigerator is a big expense so it can be worrisome. Your flowers are beautiful as is the doll house and everything else. Your friend, Angela, is so talented and does such nice work. What a cute lady and that grand baby, I said the same thing before I even saw what you had typed under her picture..Hope you are enjoying the summer weather. We had a slight sprinkling of rain yesterday but nothing like you had. I love summer storms though, but we don't get that many of them..Happy Days, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nelson Crest looks fantastic! Isn't it such fun finding all the miniatures to decorate it? I don't have a doll house, although I've considered it. My small doll collection provides a lot of fun.
    Your friend Angela is so lovely and thoughtful. And her new great granddaughter is precious..
    A couple of bloggers that I followed have just stopped, with no goodbyes. Even though I don't have a blog myself, I look forward to visiting with those that do. It's only natural to wonder what happened and hope they're ok.
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! Thanks for leaving a comment so that I know that you visited..I do love "playing" with Nelson Crest!! I hope you have a great weekend!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  14. Hi, Debbie in response to my blogs on Follow it: I posted this to your in replies...Hi Debbie, Follow It was very easy, just click and when it asks if you are a publisher, say yes, and it will take you to the easy sign up. The widget url...goes in the photo widget in your layout, and I joined my own blogs to see if anything else comes---it seems you have to opt-in specifically to receive anything...grins and it's FREE! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad all is well with the fridge, who knew about the strange noises been normal. Love the dolls house I am working on one at the moment but it is no ready to be seen as yet. Love the faux desserts what a wonderful gift, Angela has such talent. I am so glad she is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dolls must be so proud to live in such style.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nelson Crest looks lovely decked out in red, white, and blue, and what cute "treats!" Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ms Debbie, come for a visit cause I know your all decorated in red, white and blue! Love it all your porch, dollhouse and everything! Although my heart skipped a beat when I saw your beautiful dishes in the China cabinet! Visiting your home is like getting a big hug! Lisa @ Sweet. TEA n' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have always wanted to build a dollhouse like this - just because I love miniature architectural items so much. But I have never taken the time to build one. Now that I have a granddaughter, I have a wonderful reason to finally build one. Thanks for sharing your lovely little house with all it's decorations. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...