I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, April 28, 2017

More Signs of Spring!

 Welcome!!

You may have noticed that I have not been posting as often as I usually do.

I mentioned in a previous post that I was having some issues with my Blood Pressure which have now, thankfully, been remedied by adding a few extra doses of the medications that I was already on.

Since I was on the same medication regime for over 10+ years, I most likely developed a tolerance to those meds.

I also was not posting because I truly had nothing much to post about after Easter but Spring is here and we have been doing a lot of work out on our back patio so I will be posting more.....

Before I go any further, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post,  Spring/Summer Powder Room, from last week's Friday Feature Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Karren!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

It is hard to believe that only about 7 weeks ago, this is what the front of our house looked like.....
 Here is what it looks like now!!
Again, on March 15!!!
And now........
What a contrast!!!

Spring has finally sprung around here nad we have been actually having some higher than normal temps. here........

The phlox are in full bloom in the front of our house........
I usually share these beautiful flowers every year.........
When I planted these many years ago, I never thought they would spread like this and create such a carpet of color on our slope in front of our house........
I even have a few white phlox that are not starting to spread out........
Some of my neighbors in our row of 10 town homes also have phlox planted......
These are the dark purple phlox.......
And both shades.......
In this front yard, there is a ground cover that blooms with white flowers planted between the 2 shades of phlox......
I am not sure what this perennial is called......
They have a silver like foliage......

Looking down toward my front yard.......
Too bad these will only be in bloom for about  2 weeks........

Last year, my lilac tree hardly bloomed and I attributed it to the extreme hot and cold temps. that we had that Winter/Spring but this year we had similar temps. and look at my lilac tree!!!!

I planted a tiny slip that my MIL dug out of the ground from her neighbor's yard and look at it now!!!!
This is the back of our yard and the trees provide us almost total privacy from the row of town homes behind us........
This is a tree in one of my neighbor's back yards.......
Isn't it a beauty???????

In my next post, I will be sharing all the work that Joe and I have been doing on our back patio.

While painting the back of the house in the patio area, our friends, the morning doves, stopped by to visit........
We hope they will once again come and build a nest in the hanging flower pot in the corner of the Patio like they have several times in the last few years.....

And we were also visited by this beautiful red cardinal.......
Ironically, I was making turkey soup from the turkey breast that we had for Easter dinner.......
 My Dad taught me how to make turkey soup and I can't help but think that the cardinal's visit was a sign from my Dad.....
 My sister and I are firm believers in this......
 What do I do with all that soup you may be wondering?????

My sons love it so I have their "Take Home" jars filled along with 4 packs of different types of noodles to make with the soup, ready for them to pick up!!
My Dad would be thrilled that I am carrying on the tradition.......

In my next post, I will be sharing what we have been doing in the Patio........
 It is one of those projects that has the snow ball effect or what I call the "Might as well" effect........

A project that keeps getting bigger like a snow ball rolling down a hill or once you start a project, you might as well do this and might as well do that......

It started with Joe painting the wall and trim around the door and windows.....
And we just kept painting.......
 You get the picture.........

So I hope you will come by and visit again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

Anything Goes Fabulous Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful... especially the creeping phlox.... just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful flowers. Glad to hear you are feeling better, take care!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope your felling better! I was AWOL because I had no internet. I am glad we're both back!
    The phlox is so pretty. It does make a carpet of blooms. Just lovely.
    I am looking forward to seeing your patio.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that you are better. Your blooms and flowers are breathtaking... Gorgeous!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Debbie, fantastic spring flowers! Great photos!
    Have a lovely weekend! kiss:)

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference 7 weeks can make! Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I came back by to let you know the new link at The Fabulous Party is up. For May ( a little early) Feel free to link any post. P;d or new. This is a great time to link archived posts and tally points too. Here's the linky http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/04/anything-goes-fabulous-party.html
    Let's party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, I hope you are feeling better. Your pictures are so beautiful! We are so happy that spring has arrived and everything is green and lush. One of my favorite times of the year for sure! Perfect time of the year for paint projects too! Joe has done a wonderful job :) Take care of you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I love the look of blankets of flowers outside your door, so neat there is different shades, just lovely. It is a shame that the spring flowering trees and bushes don't last longer, but I guess that is what makes them so special. That is great that your lilac is doing so well this year, so pretty, my hubby was just talking the other day that he thinks he can take a clipping and start a plant, now we just have to find someone to ask :)
    Good to hear you have your blood pressure under control

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your phlox might have been the first post of yours that I ever visited a year or two ago! It is so beautiful.
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  11. The phlox are beautiful. What a show!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My two favorites! Phlox & lilacs! They are soooo pretty in the spring! Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breathtaking. What a gorgeous slope.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your phlox is so beautiful! The morning doves are so sweet. Thank you for sharing this lovely touch of spring with us at Create and Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your yard is lovely with all the flowers flowing in your front yard. And yes the doves are sweet.
    Thank you for featuring my Friday Features banner in your post.
    Hope you have a nice day!
    Hugs
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am craving phlox! So beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that's a lot of creeping phlox! So pretty. And I hear they can be a challenge to care for. Yours is beautiful. Visiting from Home Sweet Home

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen such beautiful phlox! I've planted it over and over again, and it never really took. This year, it didn't bloom at all. Yours is amazing! Thanks for sharing at Best of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, you were covered in snow and then you have so many beautiful flowers!! Your front yard looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful phlox and I agree it creates a gorgeous carpet of color! Glad you got your blood pressure meds regulated and are feeling better, Debbie. Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your phlox is always amazing Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...