I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, January 16, 2017

Winter Front Porch and Yard, 2017

Finally,  after some very cold temps. barely getting out of the teens and then when it finally warmed up, we had rain and then ice, I was able to convert the outside Christmas decorations over to Winter Decorations........
And just in time because as I finished, it started to SNOW!!!

Perfect for taking photos of my Winter Front Porch and Yard!!!
This is how the front porch was decorated for Christmas this past Holiday Season......
 Now.......
 Before.......
 Now........
 Before........
 Now.....
 Before.......
 Now.........
 Before........
 Now......
 Before........
 Now.......
 Before......
 Now.......
 Re-purposing my Christmas Decor into Winter decor, saves me from taking down ALL of my Christmas decorations at once.........

In my previous post, I shared how I transformed my Christmas China Cupboard in the Den into a Winter China Cupboard......
Click HERE to read if you missed it.....

Okay, Back to the Front Porch.......
 You can see that I left all the garland up.........
I just really took down everything that was Christmas related and changed it out for some Winter decor.......
I added white snowflakes to the garland........
Some Winter slates.......
Here at the front door, I changed out the red velvet bows for gold glittered burlap ribbon bows.......
And I changed out the Christmas Wreath........
For a new Winter Wreath that I made.......
I put together an 18 inch and a 24 inch evergreen wreath, added some pine cone branches and gold berry picks along with some real pine cones.........
I wanted to go with a Cardinal theme so I attached a metal "Let It Snow" with a cardinal on it that I have had for years and made a bow out of 2 different types of burlap ribbon that I bought on Clearance after Christmas.....
 I bought the cardinal ribbon in Big Lot's and the small berry ribbon in Kmart.......

I then used the remaining cardinal ribbon to encircle the wreath by simply bending the branches of the wreath to hold it in place.......
I am very happy with how it came out.......
You can see the flakes falling as I took these photos......
I kept out my childhood  sled which has graced our porch for over 35 Winters........
You can see that I added a few Winter items..........
Winter slates replaced Christmas ones.......
The sled did not need anything changed on it because when I re-did it for Christmas, I wanted it to be used all Winter Season.......

Last year, I made a "Snowman" from various sized wreaths.......
This is how it looked last year.......
But I found the perfect hat during the Summer so I changed the hat.......
And I decided to add some snow flakes to it.........
Don't you just love that hat!!!

I had some left over red plaid ribbon that I had used to create the "scarf"  so I made a bow for the porch light out of it.......
Another Winter slate hangs to the right of the "Snowman".......
I added snowflakes and another burlap ribbon bow to the porch railing.......
Both large and small snowflakes........
 The large one in the center lights up.......
And another one to the tree that stays out on the porch year round.......
I made a bow out of the remaining burlap berry ribbon that I bought at Kmart for the lantern............
And hung a Winter flag......
Over in the flower bed under the Living Room window......
I changed out the Christmas mini flags to new Winter flags with cardinals on them that I bought in Boscov's on sale for $4.99 each........
I hung a Winter wreath the I made years ago on the Living Room window.......
I made new burlap bows for the topiaries out of wide burlap ribbon that I had in my craft stash.....
Over in the front yard.......
I added a simple "Let It Snow" sign to my faux mailbox......
My park bench.......
Another burlap bow ( around on the other side) replaced the red velvet bow along with a metal bird plaque from the swag on the lantern.......
The red poinsettia was replaced with a Dollar Tree snowflake and a snowman slate.........
Another bow made out of the left over burlap berry ribbon was added to the lantern.....
I removed the red velvet bows from the deer and replaced the Christmas mini flag with another cardinal Winter flag......
So you see, it is very easy to change over your Christmas outside decorations to Winter decorations .....
In my next post, I will be sharing how it all looks lit up on a Winter Evening!!!!
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

January Tidy Up Linky Party

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 
Turn It Up Tuesday

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
The Homesteader Hop
Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 
Sweet Inspirations Link Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
 Over the Moon Linky Party



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. What a fabulous, welcoming tour of your entrance!! I can almost feel my toes getting cold from walking all around your lovely decorations. That snowman of wreaths is such a charming idea, and all the signs of Spring included in the ribbons and wreaths---what a wonderful display for now, and promises that will last on into the warmth.

    And SCROLLING down into the LIGHTS---how that brights me, with all the glow of the warmth of your welcome.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red decor you had for Christmas on the outside of your home! We didn't decorate outdoors this year, and I really missed the lights we usually do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks great! I bet your neighbors love to see what you are going to come up with for each season! It must be a delight! My e-mail is: szpinky@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your before and after. Your entrance is fabulous in every single decor
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your snow. I don't think we will get anymore, to warm. Love you winter decor and the snow is a nice touch to top it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely winter decor, those winter flags are all great and I still love that snowman wreath, I like the way you changed it up. Pretty snowflakes all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, Your porch decorations are delightful! Such pretty pictures with the snow . . and at night - wow! Beautifully done. Thanks for stopping by and sharing with us at Brag About It! Take care of you and Joe!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie your porch is so lovely and cheerful, your neighbors must get a lift all winter long. I had to take down my Christmas wreath as the birds like to make a nest in a wreath on our front door if it's left up too long...then they poop all over our front door's window. yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Debbie! As long as it's cold and snowy I leave anything winter themed out. Just put away what screams Christmas. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything at your place looks so pretty and after taking down Christmas stuff, I have no decorations at all...I love your snowman wreath using 3 sized...I MIGHT try that but mine will never be as cute as yours...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your front porch is amazing, so beautifully decorated and full of life! I have high porch envy and the lightning is wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry that you got hacked! Glad to see you are still blogging! Thank you so much for sharing with us on the Homesteader Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your front porch is so lovely and ready for all that winter weather.
    Thanks for sharing at Turn It Up Tuesday,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic home and love the way you decorated your porch! Very clever to stretch out what you could so the decorations can last a bit longer! My favorite was your sled that you've had for 35 years out there on the porch like that. Very cool =) #TurnItUpTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun seeing your winter porch and all your snow folk. I like the idea of stretching out our decorations when we can. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh we are having one of our hottest summers in Australia! I love that snow! Thanks for sharing with us at #OvertheMoon Link party.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love looking at your decor! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, your winter wreath is adorable! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Debbie, as always your winter outdoor decor is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J>
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your winter wonderland. How fun to have snow. I love the neutral bows. It really transitions so well to winter rather than Christmas. Thanks for linking to Monday Social.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your decorations ... all of them. They are all beautiful. Thank you for sharing #FuntasticFriday

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...