I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Fall Buys and An Amazing Sunset!

First, I want to thank several hosts who featured 2 of my posts from last week's parties.

I want to thank these 2 hosts who featured my post, What We Learned About Social Security!!!

Thanks to Kathy, over at Life on Lakeshore Drive, for featuring it from last week's Bouquet of Talent Linky Party!!
 
Thanks so much, Kathy!

And thanks to Charlene, over at A Pinch of Joy, for featuring it from last week's Busy Monday Linky Party!
 
 Thanks again, Charlene!!

I also want to Thank Sandi, over at Rose Chintz Cottage, for featuring my post, Updating the Beverage Center with a Few Vintage Items! from last week's No Place Like Home Party!!
 Thanks so much, Sandi!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

I also want to thank all of you for the amazing response to my Series: Planning for Early Retirement!!

I have learned so much from those who took the time to comment and added what they learned about Retirement!  So much wonderful information is being shared because of these posts.

I am going to post the Series over on my Side Bar and with be posting the 3rd installment soon!!

I encourage my readers to also read the comments because so many are sharing their own experiences with Retirement!!

Thanks again for your wonderful response to this Series!!

Now on to my Fall Buys!!

I have been holding out on shopping the stores for most of the Summer but Fall is almost here and that means the beginning of the Holiday decorating season for me.......

So I went to Dollar Tree and then to Michael's, looking for a few things that I do not have for Fall decorating but wanted to add.....

I was inspired by this post, Great Fall Decor at Dollar Tree , by my friend Kathy , over at Sharing Shadymont, who shared what she bought at Dollar Tree!!

Please stop by and check out what Kathy bought!

This is my haul from Dollar Tree........
I wanted a few owls and these will be perfect for ornaments on my Autumn Tree!!

I may go back for a few more to set in around some pumpkins!!

I also bought a few bags of Fillers.......
Glittered orange and green gourdes and pumpkins and acorns.

I may try to make some ornaments out of the acorns.......

I also bought some glittered leaves to use for a few crafts......
And a pack of napkins.......
This pack of mesh tubing is 35 feet long!!!
I think it will be great to add to wreaths or even use as garland for my Autumn Tree.....

I find it hard to believe that this cute sign was only $1.00!
I bought a few floral bushes too!!
 Then I went to Michael's......

This is my haul from Michael's.......
I use Welcome Candles in my windows from Fall until the end of Winter.

I thought these bulbs would look good in the candles for Fall and Halloween!
I have a lot of Fall and Halloween decorations and use all faux pumpkins but I did not have any faux Indian Corn....

Found some faux Indian Corn at Michael's!!
I will probably take apart the small ones and use them as individual ornaments for my Tree......

And this cute birdhouse and bird will also be used on my Autumn Tree......
I bought a few other things at Michael's on Clearance for 80% off but I will share them in another post.

All of the Fall items at Michael's were 40% off and I had a coupon for an additional 20 % off!

This is a Fall candle holder that I picked up at a yard sale for 25 cents......
And these brand new towels were also only 25 cents each!
 I now realized that I just may need a Squirrel or two.........

Hmmmmm..............

I also want to share this amazing Sunset that we witnessed from our front porch last week......
The Sun is now setting in a different area than it did during the Summer and soon the front of my house will not get any Sun until next April!!
The sunset started out pretty ordinary and I had no idea it would turn out so spectacular!!
Slowly, the Sun Sets........
And then the real show started!!!
The sky started to change colors........
Getting pinker.......
And pinker......
It was so spectacular that local TV stations even showed it on their News Broadcasts.........
As it started to get darker, I went out to the back yard and took these photos before night fell....
Soon, we will not be able to see the Sun Set from our front porch as Winter approaches so we really enjoyed seeing this one!!

We had a great Labor Day, celebrating with a Cook In with our kids!!

Now I can start my Fall Decorating since I don't do Fall until Labor Day is over.....

I am working a 3 day stretch this week and I am already behind on my return visits so please be patient with me because I will stop by soon!!

Next up, I will be sharing more vintage finds and a few things that I bought at Micheal's on Clearance for 80% off.....

So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

Fabulous Fall Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

23 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, You sure made a haul with some fun Fall treasures. We do not have any stores except WalMart. Small town USA...that's me. Sigh!
    The sunset photos had me mesmerized from the beauty of each one. Thank you for sharing them.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun finds! I can't believe that sign was only a dollar! So cute!
    Also- the pic by pic of the sunset is truly amazing!
    Thanks
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sunset! I have seen a few sunsets that get more and more beautiful after the sun goes down. It's always like a gift of surprise beauty. Thanks for sharing those great photos. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nature sure has the most beautiful setting, so glad you could get pics and share. Just awesome, love all the goodies, you really got a lot of nice things, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie! Playing catch up today. Love the sunset pictures! The later ones with the trees in silhouette are so Halloweenie! I bought the same sign at Dollar Tree and used it when I refurbished my patriotic wreath into a harvest time wreath. I have a few of the owls too. Every time I read your blog I think snap! about something. I am off to read the past few blogs I have missed now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sunset photos! Thanks also for sharing your Dollar Tree haul. Looks like that is a great place to go and stock up on all sorts of fall decor goodies.
    Thank you for linking up at the #HomeMattersParty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a beautiful sunset! Isn't it awesome when the sky reflects all those gorgeous colors? I'm back to posting on my blog, and thank you for stopping by to leave a comment, Debbie! Your words are always encouraging. Outside of a few velvet and altered pumpkins that I've made, I don't do a lot of decorating in the Fall. Wish I could be as ambitious as you are. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. such fun finds, it does amaze me at times the things you can buy for a $. I haven't been to a $ store in awhile, I need to make another trip :)
    The indian corn looks so real, looks like you have a lot of good supplies to use on some great crafting projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last shots of the sunset were my favorite - looked like a Halloween pic.

    I can't wait to see what you do with all of your Halloween stuff. I did pick up a cute little felted mouse dressed up for Halloween, but haven't put anything out yet.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finds! I love finding thrift store items like that, sometimes with the high end stores price stickers still attached!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds fall finds, Debbie--love the sign and the owls! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie,
    You always find the cutest things! I'm sure they will look adorable in all your crafting and can't wait to see what your final plans are! I have got to say that all your sunset pictures are amazing! Mother Nature sure was busy with her paintbrush and she really out did herself! I never tire of beautiful sunsets and your sunset pictures are truly magnificent! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I could find any way to get in touch with you so I am responding here!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and to leave such a kind comment!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  13. You have certainly collected an interesting bundle of delightful autumn treasures. And such a glorious series of skies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds, Debbie. Those owls are pretty cute. The sunset is indeed spectacular. I really mind the summer season coming to an end. I find it almost depressing as the days get shorter. I have never gone in for a lot of Fall decorating because the season is so short here. By our Thanksgiving in October, I'm beginning to think about Christmas. I love the holidays! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got some lovely little things from the Dollar tree, love the owls Debbie :) Beautiful pictures.

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great buys. Beautiful sunset. I hope you can come over and link again.
    The Fabulous Fall Party.
    http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fabulous-fall-party-2.html
    Let's Party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great fall buys. I love your sunset photos. Beautiful - have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those sunsets are spectacular! Your fall buys look very interesting. Lots of creativity awaits you I can see that! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, The sunset pictures are spectacular!! You found some great buys for fall!! I love those owls!! I may have to try my hand at making some this fall. Thanks so much for sharing with us each and every week at Brag About It! I look forward to stopping by for a visit and to see what you are up to. Take some time for yourself this week if you can! Take care of you and Joe!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. You found some definite goodies! Can't wait to see the tree. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the DI & DI Link Party. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed having you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...those photos are SO pretty!! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Debbie, thank you so much for linking up to my "Thrifty & Vintage Finds link party on Dagmar's Home -- I featured this post!

    http://www.dagmarbleasdale.com/2016/09/footed-metal-tray/

    Best,
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...