I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Craft Room 2016, Where Bloggers Create

I am a bit late this year in doing my annual Where Bloggers Create Post where I share my Craft Room.........
Click HERE to link up to the party and to be inspired by some amazing Creative Spaces!

But better late than never!!

First, I want to Thank these hosts for featuring my post,  Few Different Plant Containers and Plant Stands, from last week's parties!!

Thanks so much to my friend, Sandi, over at Rose Chintz Cottage, for featuring it from last week's No Place Like Home Party!!!
 And also a big Thanks to my friend, Laurie, over at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies, for featuring it from last week's Snickerdoodle Sunday Party!!
Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties hosted by my 2 gracious friends!!

Welcome to my Craft Room!!
Not much has changed in here since last year.......
When I re-organized and labeled just about everything!!
I am giving you a tour of the whole room first.....
Now let's get into the details!!

As you enter, hanging on the door knob is a clothes pin bag where I store bags from the super market to use in wastebaskets......
My door stop is a vintage iron and I have my pink folding step stool always ready for when I need to reach something......

To the left as you walk in.....
Above the closet......
 Next to the closet......
 Fabric is stored in this vintage hamper.....
 Buttons and other Doo Dads are stored in glass jars......
  I recently did a little transformation of this vintage wash board.......
 I always say that I have to have my "pretties" in this room for inspiration!!
 Photos of all the women in my family and Joe's who worked hard , raised families and provide me with inspiration every day!!
 If you missed my post on A Tribute to the Mothers in My Family, Please click HERE
 Shelves on the wall........
Shelf units stores tubs filled with supplies.....
 In the corner is a tower that Joe made for me to store wreaths on......
I used extra brackets to hang embroidery hoops and more wreaths from.....
 Moving around the room.....
 A chandy without wiring married to a swag lamp hangs above my work table....
 My work table which is an old computer desk with a piece of wood on it to make it larger.....
 I bought this shelf at Salvation Army......
More storage on the side.....
My chair used to be an Altar chair at a church that cost $5.00 at the church's flea market......
I dressed it up a bit........
 And re-upholistered the seat.....
On the side of my work table are more shelves and my TV......
An old drawer is used to store glues......
On the right side of the table.......
This is my Summer Tree......
This Tree stays up year round and will look like this until I decorate it for Christmas.....
On the long shelf close to the ceiling........


Some old Home Interiors things to "pretty" up the room......
Joe's Grandmother's vintage Singer Sewing Machine....
I have chosen to display vintage sewing items on the top of the sewing machine....
The lamp was bought at a Thrift Store and I "dabbled" with the lamp shade......
Vintage bottles filled with old buttons, thread spools.........
A small vintage Singer child's machine......
Vintage needle packs....
Darning items......
Storage drawers for ribbon flowers on each side underneath the sewing machine.........
A few "pretties" on the floor under the machine which does have sewing supplies and threads stored in the drawers......
Over in the corner......
Shelves filled with more "pretties"...........
Another shelf unit.....
Some of my Thomas Kinkade Pink Ladies.....
More storage for Craft and Sewing supplies........
This is the sewing area of my craft room......
 This table was built by my Dad for my Mom and was called a "Kidney Vanity Table" because f it's shape.....
 I use the area underneath it for more storage for supplies and craft books.....
 Again, the chair is a flea market find that I painted and re-upholstered the seat.....
 The fabric for the seats on the chairs and the cover for the sewing machine was once a curtain.....
I use a magnetized metal dish intended for screws and nails as a convenient place to put pins in when sewing......
Storage for patterns, phamplets and instruction books........
If you would like to see last year's posts which were more detailed.......
Please click HERE......
And HERE........
In my next post, I will be showing you some of the things that I have been crafting and sewing for my new "Sitting Room.......

So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm
Creative Ways Link Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
 
MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

35 comments:

  1. So many pretties! I love that green on the wall! But then I love all shades of green and blue and in between! I too found I needed to label EVERYTHING in order to keep my sanity. Lovely room and thanks for sharing! Hugs!
    http://connell-crafts.blogspot.ca/2016/07/where-blogger-create-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious place to create, Debbie, surrounded by all your treasures.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debbie, all is wonderful!!! Have a great day! Greetings! Kisses:))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your organization! I so need to get busy doing this and labeling things! LOVE the chandi in the ceiling! And that darling chair......My eyes went straight to that sewing machine girl! Oh reminds me of the one my grandmother had! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great space. I just came over to say hi. I hadn't visited all the links at Create yet. Glad you joined. I linked my new blog . . . http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/
    I love your space. I love the pink! Your blessed to have so much room for you stuff! Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you can come over. I think you can comment there! Yea! I'm still at My Journey Back for awhile though so come see me when you have a chance.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, My craft room seems drab next to yours! I particularly liked that you have your husband's grandmother's sewing machine - what a treasure! I also liked how you're using the old clothespin bag for holding plastic bags now - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing your photos! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words and for stopping by!! I could not find any other way to return your comment so I am commenting here.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  7. Oh Debbie...you put the MORE in more is more!!! I've pinned your office for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking us on the grand tour of your Creative Sanctuary, so much Eye Candy to Inspire the Creative Soul! Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, your room is your little sanctuary! You have everything organized so nicely. Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so lucky to have a whole devoted to crafting. I used to, but we need a guest room for all our visitors (when you live at the beach, friends and family want to drop in) so now I craft wherever my supplies are stored.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the green and pink combination!! It's so feminine ;)

    Thank you so much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday this week. We are happy to have you. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty wall paper border you have, I don't remember noticing that in other posts of your room. love how you have dressed up the chair and used the same fabric on your sewing machine cover, Such pretty inspiration surrounding you in this room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly have an inspiring space to create pretty things, Debbie! The border around your room (close to the ceiling) is just precious, as is that adorable chair!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely space! I love the washboard, the chair, and your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie How did I not know you have a craft room?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love when you post pictures of your craft room. It is so inspiring! Mine is a hot mess. Stuff everywhere! All your pink is just lovely. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie, Your craft room is delightful! Great organization of all your supplies! Love the pictures of the women in you and Joe's life that have inspired you over the years. The vintage sewing machine and cabinet are gorgeous! Lovely space for a lovely person! Take care of you and Joe! And thank you so much for linking up with us every week at Snickerdoodle Sunday. It is a joy and a pleasure to stop by and check in with you! Pinning to share!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Debbie, what a beautiful room! Love your green walls and all your wonderful collectibles!
    You truly created a sweet retreat for yourself!
    Thanks for sharing your space!
    Have a great weekend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing space! I love that you've surrounded yourself with so many lovely decor pieces along with your crafting supplies. Thanks for partying with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, your craft room is full of inspiration, but my favorite is your photo display of the women who have inspired you--such a great idea! Thank you for sharing your creative space @Vintage Charm! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a happy place to create! I love the pink and green color combinations. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The decor above your closet door is so pretty! I love that metal plaque (or tile?) in the middle. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful - I love the storage ideas! :) Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your craft room Debbie. You are so organised!! I have all my crafting pieces in big boxes and can never find a thing :(

    I need to start getting more organised :)

    Thanks for sharing ar Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well your craft room is pretty and well organized!! Wish mine was...lol!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 favorite things on Thursday! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Debbie you are my featured post at A Tray of Bliss and Five Star Frou-Frou today. A gorgeous post! Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Debbie, you have such a warm and cozy craft room and I'm sure you have creating there.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Debbie, you are just amazing. I'm not surprised to see how organized your space is--you create so many cute things, of course you'd have to have lots of supplies! You really know how to make the most of any space. I know your creations bless so many people. I bless you for being such a lovely and generous woman!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This room is so inspiring! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for crafts, recipes, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't know what I like the most in your craft room! The chair by the desk did catch my eye right away. Just lovely. I like how you combined good organization with the display of your treasures to make such a cozy room!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  31. SO many lovely goodies! You must have a blast there! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. To die for!! Debbie your craft room is an absolute paradise. And that summer tree!!!!! I love it!! You have everything so organized- that's amazing. I could happily play in your lovely room for hours... and hours!!
    Xoxo
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Debbie, I've featured your gorgeous craft room at A Tray of Bliss today. Thanks so much for supporting my Five Star Frou-Frou neverending linkup. You are a darling. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...