I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Harvest Tea, My Table, 2017

 Welcome!!!!!

Today, I will be taking a break from sharing my Halloween decorations......

Recently, I returned as a Hostess for our church's annual Harvest Tea......

I will be showing you how I decorated my table in the theme of "Under the Sea"......
 I also have a special Prayer Request at the end of this post........

You may remember in the Summer, I decorated my Living Room in the same theme after the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer were over.......

I made ornaments.......
 Click HERE and HERE if you missed those posts.......

I then decorated the Tree in the corner of our Living Room in the same theme......
 Click HERE to see that post......

And I created a "Beach" under the Tree.....
 Click HERE if you missed that post.......

When I was packing all of my "Under the Sea' decorations away, I decided that "Under the Sea" would also be my theme for the Harvest Tea.......

Before I go any further, let me explain how the Harvest Tea works......

I will be showing you photos of the some of the tables I did as a Hostess in the past as I explain.....

Hostesses for the Tea are recruited.........

As a Hostess, You are responsible for:
 Guardian Angels, 2010, Table 1

Choosing a theme in which to decorate your table or tables....

You then invite guests to sit at your table who pay a $10.00 Fee
  "My Country Tis of Thee", 2010, Table 2

Choosing a theme in which to decorate your table or tables....

You then invite guests to sit at your table who pay a $10.00 Fee
 "Quote The Raven Nevermore", 2013

The church provides hot water for Tea and Coffee and the Entertainment for the evening

  The $10.00 Fee paid to the church goes to a Scholarship Fund to assist selected high school students of the parish in paying for his/her Higher Education after High School.
White and Gold Christmas, 2014, 2 tables

There are also tables for the General Public that women of the Parish who do not want to host a table contribute decorations and food to......

This is a pure profit event as the expense is shouldered mostly by each hostess, who can share the cost with others such as family members or ask their guests to bring food.

At one time, I was doing 2 tables and since I did not ask for any help, it became not only quite an expensive but a labor intensive undertaking.

I bowed out as a Hostess 2 years ago because it was too much for me because at the time as I was still working full time, in charge of our church's November Craft Fair and was also a vendor at several Craft Fairs....

I decided to come back as a hostess this year but that meant doing things easier than I did before......
I used all disposable items since Joe, with his bad back, can no longer cart linens, china, flatware and crystal serving pieces from our house to the church.....

It did work out much easier .........
Okay, let me tell you how I started.......

A week before the Tea......

I set up how I wanted my table to look on our Dining Room table at home first and then took photos so I could remember how I did it......

The day before the Tea, we took everything up to the Church Hall and I set up the table.....
Setting up the table at home first makes it easier when I get everything to our church hall......

I started with a plastic white tablecloth and then added my milk glass punch bowl which has a pedestal to give it extra height in the center of the table......
I topped it off with a glass table round that I covered in burlap to mimic sand.......
  I then wrapped the garland that I had used for my "Under the Sea" Tree that I made from aqua deco mesh, around the punch bowl to conceal it.....
 Then I added netting and lights......
 I decorated the top of the round and around it on the table with items from my "Under The Sea" decorations......
Candles and more lights were added to the top of the round......
 I found aqua foil covered candy Dollars (I could not find Sand Dollar candy) that I scattered around the table and silver foil covered Hershey Kisses ......
 Now for my place settings......
I found the melamine dishes in Big Lot's on Clearance for $1.25 each!!!
I bought the aqua goblets, coffee cups and napkins ( also on Clearance) at Party City......
Joe picked silver plastic flatware in Wegman's, which I wrapped in the napkins......
 For my guest's favors, I put candy in gift bags and made Sea Horse ornaments ( on the right side of each plate)
And I also made Sea Shell ornaments (between the goblet and cup)
 My Guests also got to take home their plates as a favor......
Along with door prizes donated by each hostess and also a few gift certificates that were donated by local businesses, there was also a special raffle held .......
In the background are the 2 rugs that were donated by a local flooring company......

I forgot to take photos of the beautiful rugs......
On the table are 2 items that Joe and I donated to be raffled off.......
Joe donated tickets for 2 Hockey games.......

And I made up a basket of dishes that we bought at Wegman's last Christmas/Winter season.......
When I make up baskets to be raffled off, I always like to set up the items and then take a photo so people who buy the raffle tickets can get a better view of the items in the basket.....
The morning of the Tea, we took up the food that I would be serving my guests and put it in the large refrigerators in the Kitchen of the Hall......

My buffet table.....
 I always used to decorate the buffet table before......

This year, I just placed a wreath that I made on it.......

This was my Menu:
Turkey Hoagies ( cut in 3 inch sections)
Italian Hoagies ( cut in 3 inch sections)
Chicken Salad in Slider Buns
Fudge Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Orange Raisin Scones
Maple Scones
Sliced Banana Bread

No, I did not bake or cook....

I bought everything from Wegman's, Sheil's Food Market, Malacari's Deli and an Amish Farmer!!!!

I provided bags for my guests with "Take Home" containers inside of them........
 They were also able to put their favors inside of them to take home......

I also added name cards to the place settings......
 The evening of the Tea.......
I added a battery operated fairy light set to the wreath on the buffet table.......
I placed extra aqua goblets filled with different flavored Tea Bags around the table for my guests.......
You can see that I used a photo of the table that I took and made a placard with my theme "Under the Sea" so when the guests make their rounds viewing all the tables they would know the theme of my table!!!!!
You can see Joe sitting in the background near the buffet table......

He was there to sell raffle tickets and of course to eat!!!
I really did not get a chance to take a lot of pictures because it gets crazy with over 200 people walking around, viewing the tables and asking questions of the hostesses.......

The entertainment for the evening was one of our former pastors, who we all love and miss, Father Jim Paisley!!!!

He has a voice that belongs on Broadway!!! He performed 5 songs and did many jokes at our expense ( his former parishioners) and the crowd LOVED it!!!
I was in the back of the hall so I apologize that I could not get a better picture....
And also that someone left that darn bag on their table!!!!!

My Guests at the table.........

My niece Lynn and my great niece Madalyn.......
She loved the Tea and wanted to know when was the next one!!!!!

My sister, Barb, Madalyn and Lynn........ 
Our friends from the parish.......Barb, Carol and Betty.....
Darlene, who is sitting and Patti, who is standing right next to her........
And Mary......
 Me and Madalyn.......
And me and my sister, Barb......
We had a great time and I don't think I have laughed that much in quite some time.....

Yes, I will be a hostess once again at next year's Tea.......

My sister is a Mother of 5 children and her life changed forever 2 days after the Tea.....

I am not at liberty to give exact details but a member of her immediate family received a very grave diagnosis......

This has shook us to the core.......

Please keep her and her family in your prayers......

We would so appreciate it.....

In my next post, I will be sharing a few more Fall and Halloween Decorations........
 And in future posts, I will be sharing the other Hostess tables at the Harvest Tea......
 And one last look at my Cottage Garden in the back yard......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY

Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Wednesday AIM Linky Party- twice a month
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party
 Tablescape Thursday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

22 comments:

  1. Debbie, You are an awesome decorator. I loved all the tables. Your crafting of the seaside is beautiful. I wished I lived near by so I could attend. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe Debbie, I have enjoyed everything about this post. Love, love, love looking at the different tables. I am in love and have been with your seashell decor. I am sorry to hear your sister got bad news. Asking God now to take the wheel. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debbie,
    I LOVE your tree. I guess I missed that post when I was gone but when I see aqua, I absolutely swoon! You are such a creative lady and I love your table at the Tea too. Very pretty! Your buffet sounds just wonderful. Knowing how you suffer with so many health issues I am amazed at your spunk! You are amazing!! I'm sorry to hear about Joe's bad back. Hope he feels better soon. My hubby is retiring at the end of the year and I can't wait. Like your hubby, he will work at something part time because he likes to keep busy and he's a BIG people person. You have been a good friend for many years; one of my first blogger friends, and I will most definitely pray for your sister and her family. God bless you all! Take care!

    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS~ I forgot to tell you, I love your shell decorations! Again, I admire your creativity! xo

      Delete
  4. The table turned out beautifully, Debbie! I am so sorry to hear that you have an illness in your family. . .prayers for everyone to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablescapes are all fantastic! I especially love the last one. Beautiful ladies!
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my - what a glorious table. So many beautiful items - I had to go through it several times as there was just so much to look at. What a treat the ladies at your table have to enjoy. Our thoughts are with your sister's family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best to you and your sister. Your table is beautiful and I really like this concept of hosting a table as a fund raiser for the church. Beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is just gorgeous this year....as in all the previous years! I'm looking forward to seeing the other tables too! Prayers for your sister and family.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. not only was this years table fabulous but you did an awesome job in years past too! Glad you had such a fantastic time with everyone.
    So sorry to hear of the bad news your family has received, may God bring peace and healing in this situation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that aqua blue color is just popping. I love it! You did a beautiful job setting it all up and even making it a lot easier on yourself.

    Sending prayers to you and your family. Hope all is well Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your color scheme uses my favorite colors. I'm so impressed with your organizational skills - so much to do. It is all so beautiful. God bless your family. You're all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, your Under Sea table for the Harvest Tea was amazing. So much work and so clever! I'm sure everyone had a lovely, fun time. Prayers to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful post Debbie, this all looks stunning :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW this under the sea table is a gorgeous! I love the aqua sea color and white. I think it's my favorite tablescape out of all of your lovely tables. I would definitely pay to sit there:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, your table is just gorgeous. You left out no details right down to making those pretty ornaments as gifts for your guest. I have attended one of these events at my church and the table decor is amazing! You sister and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Under the Sea Tea Table is lovely. You have such a great eye for detail. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have put so much work into this! I love the beach theme and the colour is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  18. You nailed your theme perfectly Debbie! I love the shade of blue you used. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, you did a beautiful job on your table! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...