I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, September 2, 2016

Night Time and a Visitor in my Cottage Garden

 HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

 Welcome to Night Time in my back yard Cottage Garden!!

I actually planned to do this post much earlier in the Season than this but I got side tracked.....

First. I want to thank several hosts who featured 2 of my posts from last week!

Thanks to these 2 hosts for featuring my post, Updating the Beverage Center with a Few Vintage Items! ,from last week's parties!!

Thanks to Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring it from last week's Home and Garden Party!
 
 Thanks so much, Kathy!!

And thanks to Linda, over at Crafts A La Mode, for featuring it from last week's What to do Weekends Party!!
 Thanks so much, Linda!

And also thanks to Lorelai, over at Life With Lorelai, for featuring my post, What We Learned About Social Security, from last week's Home Matters Linky Party!
Thanks Lorelai and the other hosts of the Home Matters Party!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

Some of these photos of our back yard at night were taken about a month ago.........
I have numerous types of solar lights out in the back yard.......

There is a set of Dragon Fly Solar Lights, bought at Harbor Freight wrapped around the arbor......
And Solar Lights elevated on posts bedside it.......
If you missed the post I did on how I elevated my solar lights, please click HERE
On the left side of the Patio........

Over by my Potting Bench........
 Looking out into the Garden......
 
 A Solar Light in my Gnome Fairy Garden.......
 A Solar Butterfly that changes colors......
 And you can see that later I put a larger Solar Light in the tub later.....
 Later in the post, I will show you that I had  a visitor in my Gnome Fairy Garden.......

A Dragon Fly Solar Light that changes colors in the urn.....
Looking out to the back of the yard.......
A Solar Bottle Light........
This lantern is set on a timer and for the Summer I am using a yellow Bug Light.......
I keep it lit in the Winter but use a regular bulb because I don't like a pitch dark back yard......

A Solar Light in my Bird Cage Planter on the table......
Over on the other side of the yard.....
Another Solar Butterfly and a Solar Lantern.......
Again, Dragon Fly Solar Lights on the Trellis.......
Several elevated Solar Lights.......
On the right side of the Patio......
A Solar Hummingbird that changes colors and another Bottle Solar Light.......
A few of my elevated Solar Lights situated around my Fairy Garden in a Tub!!
I had hoped that we would get to spend a lot of evenings sitting out on the Patio this Summer but because of the record breaking heat and humidity, we spend most of the Summer stuck in the house in the air conditioning.

Since this was my first Summer working Part Time, I was really looking forward to it but what a disappointment this Summer was for me.

I hope that we will be able to spend some time out on the Front Porch and Patio in the Fall, which I am SO looking forward to.

The temps. here are dropping a bit ( high70's ) with normal humidity so that is a blessing......

I also want to share the visitor that I had in my Gnome Fairy Garden the other day!!!
Take a close look.......
Just a bit closer.......
Right next to the house.......
There he is!!!
A Praying Mantis!!!!
I think he might like this house for himself!!
It's been years since I saw a Praying Mantis!!
Here's looking at you!!!
LOL!!  A bit creepy too!!

In upcoming posts, I will be sharing more vintage treasures that I recently acquired, adapting the Back Yard Cottage Garden from Summer to Fall and of course, Fall and Halloween Decorating!!!

I hit The Dollar Tree and Michaels today and had a blast so I will also be sharing my new Autumn Treasures!!

So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop 

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


21 comments:

  1. Very beautiful garden Debbie! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Kisses:))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I'm sorry about you blog being hacked! Love all the pretties in the garden and especially love the lights. To hot here too for being out enjoying the outdoors. That will have to wait till cool itemps happen, probably Oct. here.
    Wishing you a wonderful Labor Day weekend............

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine that looking out into your garden from the house one might think they were in a fairy land! Beautiful. I too don't like dark yard. I haven't had much luck with solar lights though, they seems to be so dime. Maybe I am not buying the right kind. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, i love all the lights. And the fairies.. I like the hanging lights so pretty. Happy weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the praying mantis and he has found a home, smiles. Thank you for the smiles. Have a lovely Saturday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie! How lovely to have a visitor dressed in full green! Your backyard looks so cozy- I wouldn't mind chilling out there ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I love gardens at night - so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your lights Debbie, your garden looks beautiful :) Aww he does like the house :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a magical night garden, Debbie. I guess I haven't seen a praying mantis in a while either. Thanks for giving us a peek.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen a praying mantis in quite a while, seems like there aren't as many as there were when I was younger! I was thinking about you yesterday as I was putting up my fall tree....can't wait to see yours this fall! I hope it cools off soon so you can enjoy your gorgeous garden....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie, You are a solar light artist. Big smile here. What a charming garden you have made. I would love to spend more time there too. The praying mantis is amazing. I too think he found a new fairy home. I didn't see him until the last photo. HA!
    Thank you for joining blue Monday.
    xo,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is all so much fun! Love your little visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww...everything looks so pretty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome set up for fall! I love that you used solar lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you just love the solar lights now, so nice to have them come on by themselves and no need for electricity. Your yard looks great all lit up. Yes this summer has been quite hot and hard to sit out and enjoy, I am hoping for a long fall before it gets too cold to be out

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such a beautiful garden! I love solar lights, they add so much charm around the yard :) Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of your solar lights; they're beautiful! We bought the dragonflies from Harbor Freight too for my in-laws and they love them. Also, that praying mantis is amazing! You should have seen how close my face was to the screen when he all of a sudden came into view. Lol! Thanks so much for sharing at Funtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty house guest!

    We have cute lights strung all around the garden, but I don't always want them on. I might have to look into solar lights so I can see easily when I walk out to my little garden house at night.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have so many pretty options for solar lighting! I love that someone is moving into your fairy house! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    Thank you for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, your garden is lovely at night! Your little visitor grabbed my attention and your darling photo will be featured at Thursday's Vintage Charm party! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Debbie, I love seeing the praying mantis in your fairy garden! I have always loved the bugs...is he a bug? Almost looks human in a way. I rarely see one either, but they are interesting creatures. I'm visiting from the feature at Vintage Charm. Lovely fairy garden!
    Florence (retired RN)
    salmerf@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...