I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Elegant Autumn Tree, 2016

This is my Elegant Autumn Tree in our Living Room for this year........

First, I want to Thank Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring my post,  Having a Plan: Planning for Early Retirement, from last week's Grace at Home Party!!
Thanks so much, Richella!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

This Tree is actually the 7 foot Slim Tree that we have used in our Dining Room for Christmas and Valentine's Day for the past several years........
Last year, we decided to give our 15+ years old Living Room Tree to our son , Jim, and use this Tree in the Living Room as we bought a 7 foot Pencil Thin Tree for the Dining Room on Clearance......

I have all the warm white LED lights on it that I use for Christmas and added 2 sets of LED orange lights......
 I like to light my own Trees and hate pre-lit Trees because in a few years, I usually have to cut all the lights off of them anyway because they do not work!!

For the top of the Tree, I use some fall branches.......
2 gold glittered branches.......
And a Bow that I made from 2 different types of Fall ribbon.......
I then tucked Fall branches........
Leaves and Flowers into the Tree.......
I added ornaments in the colors of gold, orange, brown and copper...........
Then I added my Autumn ornaments.......
And wrapped the Tree with Foil Leaf wired garland......
 
I think the tree looks fuller than it did in the Dining Room because I was able to spread the branches out more.........

Let's take a closer look at what I call my Autumn Ornaments.......
Pumpkins........
Acorns......
Leaves........
Owls......
 A Birdhouse......
Birds......
Scarecrows......
Pine Cones and a Squirrel........
And even a fancy ornament!!

I think the Tree looks very elegant.........

And I love how it looks lit up......
You may have noticed that I have the Tree on my platform that I use for my Christmas Village......
I covered it with a gold tablecloth........
And set up a Harvest display underneath the Tree......
I will be showing you more of this in my next post......
So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

 Fabulous Fall Party

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


25 comments:

  1. Very vibrant and rich looking fall colors! Looks like you are ready for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I love the colors - though I love all fall colors. I really like the thin trees. I use on in my family room for Christmas so we can enjoy a tree while hanging out - the more formal tree is in the bay window of our living room that we don't use as much.

    Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful tree Debbie! Have a lovely weekend! Kisses:))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new thin tree Debbie, and you have it decorated so pretty for fall! After seeing your gorgeous tree, I don't think I have enough lights on mine! hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love it all, what a warm cozy place to be, you really did a great job. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Debbie! You should work at a florist or craft store. You could do knock-out displays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new blog, Debbie! You're still a marvel of decor! Well, I haven't commented in awhile- just had surgery- a complete thyroidectomy plus a parathyroidectomy. I hope that I get some energy back, soon, so I can decorate again. You're such an inspiration, whenever I'm feeling down, I go to your blog.
    Many hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh..i love it very much! It' s a very elegant fall tree. I love the colours of fall.
    HUgs ALessandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie,
    This is gorgeous and I love how you decorated the tree and the display around the tree is amazing. Lovely and I hope you will share at Dishing it and Digging it link party. I love you sharing your gorgeous tree. Have a great week. http://diy180site.blogspot.com/2016/09/dishing-it-and-digging-it-link-party-115.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty and yes it is very full that's for sure, love the fall branches you tucked inside and the owls look great on the tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! You are so creative !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola,
      Thanks so much for your kind words!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so I responded here.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  13. Such a beautiful fall tree! Love all the owls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie, I love everything about your Fall tree! It is amazing! I decorated my skinny tree in the Fall theme for the first time last year. It's time to bring it out and decorate with Halloween items then Fall/Thankgsiving. You gave me lots of inspiration with this post and I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I like it's new home. This is a lovely tree. I love all the flowers. Very fun and festive.
    I hope you can come over and link at The Fabulous Fall party again!
    http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/2016/09/fall-party-link-up-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your tree looks great Debbie, I would love to have some Autumn things to dress my tree up now :) Thanks for linking up ..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Debbie. I love your autumn tree. The pumpkin ornaments are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, so beautiful! You really put your heart into your decorating...so very nice!!!! Happy Fall to you and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was so excited to see your seasonal/holiday trees again! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, your autumn tree looks amazing. I love all of the little details. Thank you for sharing this and your other autumn decor with us at Snickerdoodle. Pinning them all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous fall tree, Debbie! Congrats on the feature too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It really does look elegant Debbie. Love the gorgeous ornaments! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such vibrant, festive colors for fall! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...