-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest, for Halloween.....
Thanks again, Julie!!
Please visit and link up to these lovely parties!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything...
I have been busy turning the Living Room over from the late Summer Coastal theme over to my Elegant Autumn Theme,....
I am decorating my seasonal Tree today so including today, it has taken me 7 DAYS!!
I also change over all the curtains/drapes, clean all the windows and change over all the linens to Fall , polish the furniture along with giving the room a thorough deep cleaning after the Summer.....
Will that being said, I was honestly not out shopping this past week....
Today, I am starting my tour of the Living Room, which I have decorated in what I call An Elegant Autumn theme for many years now....
Let's start at my front door, which is the only entrance into the house that we use.....
To the left of the door when you are looking at it from the stairs....
My late husband Joe pulled this pretty vase out of our garbage dumpster a few years back as one of my neighbors had thrown it away!!!!!
I changed the Summer arrangement out for this Fall one that I put together and I also used a lighted branch in it.....
On the marble topped plant stand that I thrifted many years ago.....
This hurricane candle holder was bought by my late husband Joe in Wegman's on clearance....
I filled the bottom with some autumn pumpkins and gourdes....
And wrapped a piece of orange velvet ribbon around the gold candle.....
An apothecary jar, which was a gift for m a friend, is topped with a bow, filled with Autumn goodies and surrounded with a fall candle ring and a few ornaments....
I changed out the curtains on the front door from a peach lace one for the Summer to my beige venice lace Fall/Winter ones.....
I hung a wreath I made on the front door.....
And also hung a scarecrow I made from the door knob....
When you walk in the front door, Joe's Grandmother's Hutch is to the left....
His family was going to throw it out, as it was in bad shape.....
But I took it, restained it right here in this spot and added the mirrors to the back of it....
To the left side of the hutch....
This year, I wanted to bring more aqua into the color theme for the Living Room for Fall then I have other years....
So I decided to leave the aqua votive candles in the sconces instead of changing them out for gold ones like I did in past years.....
On the shelf under the sconce is a pumpkin I made from a roll of toilet paper many years ag0!!
Below it is a brass can with a Fall arrangement inside of it.......
There is a battery operated lighted branch in this arrangement.....
The cane was my son Joey's that he used as part of a Halloween costume when he was a kid....
This year, I have been trying to decorate with Intention, my Word of the Year....
That means I am taking my time and thinking about how I am decorating and what I can use when I shop my own house, trying not to buy too many new things...
I decided to leave out these gold churches, that were bought on clearance after one Christmas, year round...
I have been leaving them on the top of the hutch because of my white ceramic Angel collection inside of the hutch....
So the churches are a new addition to the display on top of the hutch this year....
Gold mercury glass candle holders with more gold candles wrapped with orange velvet ribbon....
I made these pumpkins a few years ago.....
And I added some leaves and acorns to the tops of 2 Dollar Tree aqua velvet like pumpkins
You can also see that there is a gold glittered bottle brush tree on the side of the church that I left out after Christmas.....
A Fall tree, glittered leaves and an owl in the center....
I apologize for the reflection of the antique mantel mirror.....
Gold cloth pumpkins are on each side of the owl......
The angel ornament in the center was a gift from a friend.....
I keep my white ceramic Angel collection in this hutch year round....
I also have several pieces of Iris Herringbone depression glass displayed....
I decided to keep out several pieces of aqua glassware for Fall.....
I added some fall leaves to the top of the mantel clock that holds my husband Joe's ashes....
I added pumpkin crackle glass votives and a few orange velvet pumpkins to the top shelf....
Dollar Tree glittered pumpkins were added to the middle shelf.....
Most of these white Angels were bought in Sam's Club a long time ago....
You can see some of the Iris Herringbone pieces on the bottom shelf.....
And a few pumpkins.....
On the right side of the hutch.....

The small aqua pumpkin was bought at Dollar Tree.....
When you walk in the front door, the stairs are directly in front of you.....
On the left side of the stairway.....
I changed out the bows on the lanterns for Fall ones I made.....
And put some pumpkins, pine cones and gourdes inside of the lanterns....
I bought this dapper Gentleman at a church flea market a few years back.....
And I also bought this sweet Fall Angel at that same church flea market.....

On the right side of the stairs.....
A wreath I made quite some time ago and added a few brown ornaments to just a few days ago....
Hanging below the wreath....
On the stairs.....
I added a set of fairy lights inside of the orange glass pumpkin.....
I embellished the top of the green pumpkin.......
I bought this lighted Fall crackle glass ball in Big Lot's a long time ago....
Along with that gold pine cone.....
And this is where I am going to end for today....
I hope you will stop by to visit again on
MONDAY for my next post when I will be continuing the tour of the Living Room decorated in an Elegant Autumn theme....
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
And try to find JOY in every single day!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE
give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to
reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check
back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
Your Autumn Elegance room is really that -- so many things to see. Fall colors are spectacular, both inside the house and outside. I look forward to seeing the rest of the room. Enjoy your week.
ReplyDeletePatty,
DeleteThanks for stopping by!! I do so love the Fall!
Hugs,
Deb
Debbi-Dabble Blog
Hi Debbie, your house looks so full of color and life. And I especially love the fall decorations; they make everything look so warm and cozy :) I hope you’re doing alright and wishing you a wonderful week ahead!
ReplyDeleteYour Fall Living Room is fabulous! I sure hope you are enjoying the same fall temperatures we are here in Ohio. It was so comfortable yesterday - in the high 60's in the morning, that we were inspired to get so much done! Reset the front porch for fall, replanted my hanging baskets with faux fall flowers, even took a trip to the country to get some corn stalks (or "dead corn" as my grandson said" for the posts on the porch. We brought in the fall decorations for indoors. Maybe I will do that today. Those cooler temperatures are the best.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen your blogs for a long time; follow you closely on fb. So nice to see your home all festively decorated. Puts the rest of us to shame! My furnace has gone off a few times (Al is on bloodthinners and is always colder than me!); I am not ready for cold weather yet. Hope the nor'easter treats you gently!
ReplyDeleteKathy,
DeleteNice to see you here and thanks for stopping b!! My mother was on Coumadin and was always freezing...I am always hot it seems....I am looking forward to the cooler weather...
Hugs,
Deb