I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A Sweet Treat Tree and Hutch in the Kitchen, Christmas Home Tour, 2020

 



 

  Welcome to my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!!

 I am so happy you decided to stop by my Christmas Blog!!

 I want to mention that since Blogger changed to a new format for posting, if you can click on each picture if you care to enlarge it...... 
 
 Every room in our townhouse has a different Christmas Theme and Color Scheme!!
 
 I prove that you do not have to live in a large home to have several Trees, over 20, in all shapes and sizes!!

The majority of my Christmas decorations are placed in the same room every year and I know that this is not what most Decorator's care for but to me, it like seeing old friends again when I decorate each year for Christmas as many of my decorations were gifts from family and friends........... 

I do try to add a few new things and change up things a bit but for the most part, these decorations are part of my Christmas Traditions and bring back a lot of treasured memories.....


Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!
 
 
I know this Thanksgiving Day will be very different for many of you but there is always something to be Thankful for!!!

Be Grateful that you are here and alive to celebrate another Thanksgiving Day even if it is not like you celebrated it before because Please remember that tomorrow is promised to no one......

 

  This will be the first Thanksgiving that I met my Goal of having the entire house, both inside and out, decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving.....

This prompts people to ask me if I "celebrate" Thanksgiving at our home.....

 I have cooked Thanksgiving Day dinner for my little family for the last 25+ years and that was with either working the Eve or the Day of the Holiday because I worked Night Shift.....

We always split ours Holidays on that shift so no one would have to work the night before and go home at 7:30 am on Thanksgiving morning and have to go back into work again for 11 pm on Thanksgiving night!!!

Same went for every Holiday so I never had the entire Holiday off until I retired after 37 years of working night shift....

I cook and have dinner here for my family for EVERY holiday.....

So YES!!

We very much celebrate Thanksgiving here at our home no matter how it is decorated!!!

 Joe and I are very Grateful that we will be celebrating the Holiday as we always have, with our kids....

I know the Guidelines are to celebrate with only those in your own household but our son, Joey, eats dinner here every day, spending at least 5 hours daily here....

And now that Jim and Danielle are the proud puppy parents of this little fur bundle of joy, Faye, Joe and I are going at least 5 mornings a week to their house to leave Faye out and assist in her "potty training" while they are at work since they leave for work at 3 am!!!!

 

Faye will be visiting us this Thanksgiving Day and spending time in her play pen so we can eat without trying to keep an eye on her!!

I want to  Thank to Susan, over at Country Crafting, for choosing my post, Christmas Crafting, as her feature from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Susan!!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!

 In my last post, I shared the faux fire place in the upstairs Sitting Room......


 

Click HERE if you missed this post.....

Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the Kitchen in a Candy and Gingerbread theme starting off with my Sweet Treat Tree and Hutch......
 
 
Hugs,
 
Deb
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...