I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, February 12, 2018

Pink Valentine's Tree in the Dining Room 2018


Welcome!!!

Today, I will be sharing my Pink Valentine's Tree in the Dining Room.......

But first, I want to Thank Kathy,over at Life on Lakeshore Drive, for featuring my post, Winter Snow and Ice Tree in the Den, from last week's Bouquet of Talent Party!!
 Thanks so much , Kathy!!!

I also want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, Winter Snow and Ice Vignettes in the Den, from last week's Over the Moon Linky Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Bev!!!

Please stop by and link up to the wonderful parties!!!

In my previous post, I shared my Pink Valentine's Decor in the Dining Room......
 Click HERE if you missed that post......

Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the 7 foot pencil Tree that has been in the Dining Room since Christmas......

After Christmas, I stripped it down to the lights , the fluffy  white tinsel garland and glittered white baby's breath.......
I removed the pink glittered beaded garland from the Tree and replaced it with another pink beaded garland.......
I have amassed quite a collection of ornaments that I use for this Valentine's Tree........
 The Tree is topped with a bow made from pink ribbon with a gold shimmer to it....
 Several streamers of ribbon drape down from the top of the Tree......
The tree is decorated with pink hearts......
Cherubs resembling Cupids........
White hearts......
Framed and embellished Valentine's tags.......
Boxes of candy ornaments......
 Hearts that I embellished.......
Floral hearts........
White lace ornaments with tassels.....
Pink glittered hearts......
White roses are tucked into the Tree........
Silver hearts......
2 Victorian style heart boxes rest on the pink tree skirt that I made......
Over on the window divider by the Tree.......
I hung a few Valentine's plaques.......

A pink glittered heart.......
A tin plaque that says "Love"......
And a heart plaque that I made.........
Next to the Tree on the table......
Another one of the pink mercury ornaments that Joe bought on Clearance at Bed, Bath and Beyond sits in the crystal compote bowl............
Teacups and birds with roses on them......
Underneath the table.........
2 more of those pink mercury ornaments........
We celebrated Valentine's Day with a family dinner on Sunday......
I don't do fancy tablescapes because there would not be any room for the amount of food on the table that my boys eat!!!!
A simple setting with the rose china that I bought weekly at Acme markets before I got married.......
And vintage Gold Leaf glasses that I bought at a church yard sale.......

Now I am going to shock you because I rarely post recipes or ANYTHING about cooking because truth be told, I HATE to cook!!

But I do it for my family even though I would much rather make reservations for Dinner instead......

My sons LOVE turkey and would eat it every day of the week if they could so I made 2 Turkey London Broils for dinner......
 They are very easy to make.......

I melt 3 sticks of butter and mix it with 1 package of Savory Herb and gGrlic Soup mix.......
 And pour it over the turkey which I placed in a tin foil lined banking pan.....
 Seal the tin foil around the turkey.....
 Bale on center rack of oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.......

Carefully unwrap the tin foil because it is hot........
 I then sliced it up.........
 And put it in a covered baking dish in the oven on warm until it was time to serve it.......
 This is all that was left!!!!
 Yep!! Just a few pieces that I cut up , mixed the mayo and made turkey salad!!!!

I guess you can say that my family enjoyed their Valentine's dinner!!!

In my next post, I will be sharing how I changed the Powder Room over from Christmas to Winter with a bit of Valentine's........
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Share the Love Valentine Link Party


 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. I love the tree with the white garland layered with pink beads. So pretty. I think the table looks beautiful with the pink and those plates with the single rose.. Thank you for sharing the turkey recipe, I know that had to be juicy and tasty as I can see it. I will have to make that this end of week. Yummy.
    Everything looks so nice. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual I'm behind on reading your blog! Lovely table and I think I will try your turkey recipe! Looks wonderful, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink tree is fairy. Thanks a lot for the turkey recipe
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Debbie! You always dazzle us with your beautiful trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative Valentine's ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Valentine tree takes the cake--or should I say the cupcake? Wink, wink! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, now I KNOW we're kindred spirits b/c I hate to cook too! I would rather do ANYTHING than cook! Isn't that funny? I love your tree with the Victorian hearts, and several of the vignettes speak to me too. I think I caught sight of a brass wall fan in one of them. Did I? If so, I have one of those, but have never known what to do with it. Yours is kind of hidden so I can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tree. I think this one is my favorite of the trees. So cute. I hope it was a good day. It looks like a good dinner.
    Thanks for sharing at Keep In Touch.
    Katie
    Let's Add Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing at Party in Your PJs! Always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Valentine tree. I kept my pink tree up until Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debbie, oh your tree is so pretty and I love the ornament that you made for it. That turkey dish sounds so good and easy to make. I will have to try that sometime.
    Thanks for sharing all of your awesome post at our Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...