I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, January 22, 2018

Winter Kitchen Desk 2018

   Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing the desk area of my Kitchen Hutch decorated for Winter......
But first, Thanks so much to Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, One Year on Our Front Porch, from last week's Over the Moon Party!!

And I also want to Thank Marilyn, over at Marilyn's Treats and all the other hosts of the Over the Moon Party for featuring my post, New Christmas Buys for Christmas 2018, from last week's Over the Moon Party!!
 
Thanks so much , Bev and Marilyn and the rest of the hosts of the Over The Moon Party!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

In my last post, I shared the top half of the Hutch in the Kitchen, decorated for Winter with Holiday Harlequin dishes.....
Click HERE if you missed that post.....
I decorated the top of the desk area of the Kitchen hutch for Winter in a cardinal theme......
And I also decorated a little bit underneath the desk area......
Cardinals are "Big" this year as far as Winter decorations seems to go......
In November, I bought this lantern with cardinals on it in Big Lots.....
After they were gone early in the Season, they never got anymore in......
A water globe with a cardinal in it and a cardinal figurine.....
For the pretty picture hanging in the back, I framed a picture from a calendar!!
The larger cardinal tea set came from Wegman's a few years back.....
And the mini cardinal tea set was bought at a church flea market!!
The place mat has a Winter feel to it with pretty birds on it....
In this corner is a bottle brush tree in a basket with a cardinal on it.....
A few years ago, I added all those tiny red cardinals to the tree......
 I bought this light up cardinal ornament in Bed, Bath and Beyond in the beginning of the Christmas Season this year......
The cute snow man holding a heart and a basket of hearts was gifted to me.......
The red cardinals go so well in my Kitchen.....
As I mentioned before, I even decorated underneath the desk.....
On top of the vintage metal picnic basket that always sits here.......
Is a tea pot that I bought many years ago at a church flea market.....
A cute little snow man sits on top of the basket......
I just love this tea pot with the cardinals on it.......I think the other one is a female cardinal since the red cardinals are the males......
2 vintage canning jars sit on the floor......
Hanging on the knobs of the drawers are some jingle bells and a Valentine heart......
And that completes my posts on this area of our Kitchen decorated for Winter with a touch of Valentine's Day......
 I hope you enjoyed seeing how I decorated for Winter in the Kitchen.....

In my next post, which will be over on my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, I will be celebrating January's Rudolph Day, the 25th, with a post sharing some decorations and ornaments that I bought after Christmas on Clearance that I will be using for other Holidays.......
And in my next post on this blog, I will be sharing the rest of my Kitchen decorated for Winter with a touch of Valentine's Day.....
 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Feathered Nest Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
    Awesome Life Friday
 
 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party

 SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. I love that you also decorated underneath the desk area. That water globe with a cardinal in it is adorable!

    Happy WW, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...the cardinal is so pretty! I love your red decors. Thanks for being always so deary with me
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb: It all looks so charming. I love the black and white checks with all the red..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie, as you may remember from my own kitchen Christmas decor, I am a long-time sucker for cardinals. I have nesting pairs here, their offspring come back every year and they are so much fun to watch. I like your calendar cardinal art, it's beautiful! I frame cardinal greeting cards for mine. I sure don't have anywhere near what you have, what a collection of cardinal finds. I love them all. Could not pick out a favorite :) I also really like the black and white check rimmed plates in the upper hutch, those are so eye-catching and classic. Can't go wrong with black/white and any color. The red cardinals are perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cheer and joy your home decorating brings. I know you and your sweetheart love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a real fan of cardinals (they aren't the state bird in so many places for nothin'!) - thanks for sharing with Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice decorations, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection of cardinals! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter Berry is a darling pattern. I had no idea that Rudolph Day even existed. Thanks for linking with Keep In Touch @ Let's Add Sprinkles.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I love the plaid picnic tin! I have a stack of 5. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. You owned so many pretty things and you always decorate them in a perfect way. Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...