I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, March 17, 2017

Digging Out- Blizzard of 2017

Welcome!!

We have finally dug out from the Blizzard of 2017!!!

It is official!!  It was the highest recorded amount of snow fall in one day ever in our area, even topping the Blizzard of 1993, which had it's 24th anniversary on March 13th, the day before the Blizzard of 2017!!!

Before I share my Blizzard photos, I want to Thank these Hosts for featuring my post, St. Patrick's Day China Cupboard, Part 1!!

Thanks to Bev, over at The Eclectic Red Barn,  for choosing me as one of her featured commenters, from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!
Thanks so much for your kindness, Bev!!

Thanks to Angelina, over at Peonies and Orange Blossoms, for choosing it as one of her St. Patrick's Day features from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!
Thanks so much, Angelina!!

Thanks to Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring it from last week's Grace at Home Party!!
Thanks so much, Richella!!


I also want to Thank Stacey, over at Embracing Change, for featuring my post, St. Patrick's Day China Cupboard, Part 2, from last week's Creative Inspirations Linky Party!!
Thanks so much , Stacey!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

In my previous post, I shared photos of the storm that buried us with 22 - 25 inches of snow!!!
 Click HERE if you missed it!!

Today, I am sharing how we dug out, what my house and development looked like and what it now looks like!

There are still cities and towns around NEPA that have not had their streets plowed because of the monumental task of removing this much snow....

We were finally plowed out yesterday, Thursday, 2 days after the storm......

I hope those of you who never get snow or are having warm weather now, enjoy these photos!!!

Yes, here I am braving the blowing snow, trying to widen the path shoveled on our steps.......
Now you know this big heavy coat added at least 50 pounds to me, right???????
All that  snow behind me is our parking lot!!!
Finally, success!!!!
The 13 steps that lead up to our row of townhouses wee finally cleaned!!
 March 15th

Now our parking lot was a different story!!!
The snow in the parking lot is almost up to our retaining wall!!
Look at the slope in front of our house!!
Joe's SUV, which I drove home Tuesday morning in a foot of snow........
Looking up our parking lot.......
My Elantra.....
Joe standing where the plow truck broke down and could not plow any more......
Looking down our road....
My neighbor's cars.......
Looking down our steps.....
The top of the steps.....
My next door neighbor cleaned off their porch.......
Where they shoveled it......
Joe did a good job keeping our side walk clear......
My front yard!!
Joe, taking a break from shoveling.....
My neighbor's only shoveled pathways.....
Joe put some Ice Melt down and we saw pavement!!!!
March, 16

The sun came out and the temps. actually got up to 30!!!!

The private plower that our Homeowner's Association pays to plow our Courts out , opened up the one side at 10:30 pm the night before............
He was out working all night as were many municipal workers and private plowers........

These photos were taken from my bedroom window.......
Joe helping a neighbor dig out her car........
We have a system where everyone moves over to our side or parks on the road before a snow fall and then everyone moves to the other side so both sides can be plowed.......

You can see that our side needs to be done........
My parking spaces still full of snow!!
Looking down at our road........
Snow banks......
Joe then went for a little walk and the next pictures show what parts of our development looked like......

Looking up at our Court.......
Looking up at our house!!!
Our dumpsters.....
Looking down our road......
Joe shoveled out our mail boxes...........
Neighbor's cars on the side of the road.......
Walking up to the row of townhouses behind us......
Joe cleaned out our fire hydrant.......
Looking through our back yards.......
You can see my trellis and arbor.....
Snow on my back roof.....
 Walking up to the top of the hill behind us.......
 The Court behind us......
Our road is a dead end at the top and Interstate 81 is just beyond this field......
Walking back down the road.......
Looking down at the Courts below us......
In the afternoon, our plower returned.......
 The sun even melted all the snow off our cars!!
 Since I was taking photos from our bedroom window, I thought I would take some of the mountains and the Wyoming Valley!!
 We are surrounded by mountains......
 The VA Hospital up at the entrance to the Apartment complex where our sons live . You have to drive through the Apartment complex to get to our development......
 March 17th.......

What a difference a day makes with sunshine!!
 Pavement!!!
 Now we are very fortunate because many cities and towns in our area still have not been able to get all the streets plowed out and have had to bring in back hoes and dump trucks to remove the huge amounts of snow........

With all the snow melting, this is what we now have.......
 Huge icicles!!

Dripping down and icing up everything underneath......
 Joe chopping ice from the sidewalks......
I think it is time to take my Winter Wreath off our front door.......
 It says "Let it Snow"!!!

And guess what???????
 Yep!!!

We are supposed to get more snow on Saturday!!!!!!!

During all of this, I have been trying to decorate for Easter!!!
 I hope you will come back to see my Living Room Easter Tree....one of 4 Easter Trees that I have this year!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
The Homesteader Hop

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
TaDa Thursday Link Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

24 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow! We got just a little here in the south. Those slippery stairs would scare me. lol
    Stay warm!

    Chippy White Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. So glad you're out from under, and hope today doesn't cover you again!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that much snow in years and really don't miss it... much. I love when we get it but hate if it sticks to the roads because people here in the South don't now how to drive in it! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were to get hit Monday. Not much at all which did not hurt my feeling at all. What we did get came down fast and furious. Several accidents from the ice that formed under it first. WE still had several in our area that did not have power back yet from all the wind the week before. Many were without for 6 days. WE had our lights flicker but lucked out and did not loose power permanent. After buying the whole house generator told George we will most likely not looses power any more.

    The snow is so pretty but at this time of the year you would rather have spring I am sure. I hope you did not have too much driving you had to do in that snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy how quickly it disappears from the Sun's heat. Hope that you and Joe took it easy with that shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gonna stop asking for snow, cause everyone else is getting it except us, except I want no where near what you got, Heavens! Would never know you had a retaining wall if you hadn't mentioned it with all that snow. What is going on with the weather?
    Easter? Looks like we should be putting the winter decorations back up. Wow, - some hard work the two of you did with all that shoveling. Take care
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Debbie - that's a lot of snow. Please be careful out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay,
      I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am responding here. Thanks so much for visiting!! Yes, it was a record breaking snow storm but it has just about all melted except for all the piles left by shoveling and plowing......That is the one good thing about a snow storm in March..Have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  8. Ohhh.... There's a lot of snow!!! Take care of yourself. Thank you very much for being always so deary with me with your visits and kind comments
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thanks for adding that touch of Easter. I was going to say you needed to a wish for Spring and link anyway. Wow that was some snow. Did I get it correct that it melted the following day? I didn't realize you had so many steps to the door. For some reason I though you were at street level. Theses were really pretty pictures.
    Snow is so pretty from a distance. I hope you didn't get so much last night!
    I came over to tell you the new linky is up for The Fabulous Party.
    Here's the new linky
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/03/fabulous-spring-and-easter-party-link-up.html
    If you can dig out come over and link. And pack away that Let It Snow wreath!
    Enjoy your week. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'll be getting snow back this week too! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my isn't it crazy to beat records so close to spring, it looks like you two kept busy cleaning up all that snow. Those icicles always amaze me how big they get. And to have more snow on top of it, I will have to say I don't envy that at all, hope it clears up for good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so much snow! I'm glad spring is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My word, that is a LOT of snow. We don't get any so this is very exotic to me but I can see that it is also a lot of hard work. Hope you're keeping warm!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I just can't imagine having this much snow. Such a beautiful sunny day too. It looks like Christmas :):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes! I've never seen so much snow. We managed to get through winter here in my part of Georgia with a very mild winter. It got cold here last week (however I'm sure our version of cold and yours are very different) but it was fine with me because I was on a cruise! I hope you stay thawed out and keep warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh Debbie, that is unreal! We had a lot of snow this winter; but never that much and spring has arrived. Hope you get some warm weather soon! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie

    Now that was a lot of snow for sure. I enjoyed seeing all your pictures of the snow. I would liked to have been out there helping you in that 80lb winter coat LOL you looked wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Debbie, I'm still in awe of that snowfall! Just shared your pictures with my 15 year old. I don't think he has ever seen this much snow in his life. He's pretty jealous . . but would probably get over it real quick if he had to shovel the walk and clear the cars. Take care and be safe. ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you guys got nailed! I am glad to hear you took it in stride tho and tat you didn't lose power. You guys be careful with all that shoveling, tho. Your back isn't going to like you, if you overdo it. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word, staying in South Africa I've never ever seen snow except on TV. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have to dig through soooo much Debbie. Wow, I don't know if I'm in awe or shocked. Does it happen often? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brrr! So. Much. Snow! Did I mention it was 80 degrees here today? I'm sure I'll be wishing to trade temperatures with you around June ;) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now that is a lot of snow. Glad you are dug out. Hopefully, that will be the last of the big snow storms.
    Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things. Hope you come back next week so I can stop by again.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...