I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

"A Stroll in the Park"

Welcome!!!

Today I will be sharing how I decorated the top of the TV Entertainment Center in the Living Room.....

But first, I want to Thank Claire, over at Claire Justine, for featuring my post, "Under the Sea" Ornaments, Part 1, from last week's Creative Mondays party!!
 Thanks so much , Claire!! And thanks for your very kind words!! I really appreciate it!!

I also want to Thank Sue, over at Sizzling Toward Sixty, for sharing my post,  The "Beach" Beneath My "Under The Sea" Tree,  on her face book site!!

Thanks so much Sue, for the recognition!!  Sue is also one of the hosts of the Over the Moon Party!!

Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties!!

In my previous posts, I have been sharing my late Summer decorating theme in the Living Room......

 "Under the Sea".......
It all started with the idea for decorating my 6 foot white Tree that sits in the corner of the Living Room from Spring until after Labor Day!!

I wanted to decorate it differently after the Patriotic Summer Holidays of Memorial Day and July 4th were over..........

Using sea shells that my dear neighbor, Elly, had collected while living in Miami during the Winters, I decorated the Tree in an "Under the Sea" Theme using the colors of aqua with a bit of peach.....
 I also decorated the corner over by the stairs using a bit of aqua.......
By decorating the LED Branch Tree here with aqua butterflies, dragonflies and birds.......
Click HERE if you missed that post......

A few years ago, I decorated the top of the TV Entertainment Center  and called it "A Stroll in the Park"..

This year, I decided to do it again but with a few different pieces.....
Picture a Summer day back in Victorian times when Mothers of that Era took their children to the park to ride the Carousel......
Evening is starting to fall and the lights on the Trees are coming on in the park......
Okay, I know there were not any lights on the Trees back then.....LOL!!
On the left side........
An aqua mercury glass candlestick with a flameless candle on a timer......
I tied a bow made out of aqua and peach ribbon to the candlestick.......

I have used these ribbons in other areas in the Living Room......

A LED battery operated Tree on a Timer.......
Surrounded by greenery on the bottom or I should say "shrubs" in the Park.....
These children cannot wait for their Mother to let them ride the Carousel!!!!
She has just gotten up from sitting a spell on the park bench.......
The figurines are from the Home Interiors Party Plan that is no longer in existence....

As are the pictures on the wall..........
The picture to the left shows the wooded area in the Park......

The Carousel sits between 2 street lamps.........
This young Mother decided to take her baby for a walk in her stroller since it was such a nice Summer afternoon......
Her baby started to cry so she took her out of the stroller for a bit.......
The Carousel was bought at Sam's Club many years ago after Christmas on Clearance.......
  This Mother is fixing her daughter's hair since it was tossled while riding the Carousel......
Another park bench offered a place to sit and rest while strolling through the Park......
The Home Interiors picture on the wall to the right depicts a church off in the distance......
Another aqua mercury glass candlestick.....
Along with another LED battery operated Tree..........
This young Lady just met with her Beau who gave her the lovely bouquet of flowers that she is holding........
She is thinking about her beau as she leaves the Park to walk home.......
More greenery or should I say shrubbery in the Park........
You can see that I have strung a set of lights throughout the display.......
 I will be sharing how this all looks in the Evening in another post.......

I hope you enjoyed taking "A Stroll in the Park" with me during Victorian times.......
 I want to show you this picture that hangs on the wall going up the stairs that is also a Home Interiors product and is titled "A Stroll in the Park"!!!!
 It was my inspiration!!!

In my next post, I will be sharing how I added some aqua touches to my existing decor throughout the Living Room.....
 And how I re-did a wreath that I made a few years ago by adding a few aqua flowers........
 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Feathered Nest Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Debbie,

    This is one of the most charming tableaux and stories that you've ever shared! Everyone is so happy to be out for a stroll in those gentler days, and they all remind me of one of my favorite books of all time, Agnes Sligh Turnbull's "THE GOWN OF GLORY," about a small-town pastor's family of that era as the century turned.

    I always enjoy seeing your home and all your "families" in their happy surroundings.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the figurines, I have a lot of home interiors decorations also, I can't seem to part with them :) you had a cute story to go along with the pictures of your summer park scene you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! Oh, I can always count on you for inspiration. I love all of your pretties and you really do know how to put things together. Thank you so much for popping in to see me. I appreciate your friendship, Debbie, and all of our blogging years! Hope you're having a good sumemr.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I remember when you did this before. I love your stroll in the park figurines! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped by from Beverly's Pink Saturday.
    Everytime I come to this blog I am simply overwhelmed by the amount of time, work, passion, love - and STUFF that you share in your home. Alice has nothing on you - you have a real life wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story and the figurines conjured up such beautiful images for me Debbie. Everything looks so lovely together and you can almost hear the children's laughter on the carousel, which is stunning BTW. Hope you have a wonderful week filled with lots of love xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Stroll in the Park vignette Debbie--lovely! Thank you for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Stroll In The Park picture is beautifully portrayed with your lovely Victorian ladies! So nicely done Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, this is just perfect for your house! I love the way you enjoy your decor, and I know that anything Victorian really resonates with you. What a lovely vignette you've created, and it's wonderful for the late summer. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, the figurines are so lovely! I love the way you have them displayed and the story that they tell. It makes me long for those simpler days! Thank you for sharing at Party in Your PJs. I've pinned and shared.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fund Victorian adventure! thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...