I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Bit if Aqua Here and There

Welcome!!

In today's post, I will be sharing why I decided to use more of the color aqua in my late Summer decor in our Living Room......

But first, I want to Thank Dagmar, over at Dagmar's Home, for choosing my post, "Under the Sea" Ornaments, Part 1, as her featured post from last week's Dagmar's Home Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Dagmar!!

I also want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post, My Summer "Under the Sea" Tree, from last week's Friday Favorites Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Karren!!

And I also want to Thank Richella, over at Imparting Grace, for featuring the same post, My Summer "Under the Sea" Tree, from last week's Grace at Home Party!!
Thanks so much, Richella for your kind words!!

Please visit and link up to these great parties!!

The main colors of our Living Room are peach and aqua......
I based that decision on this wall paper border called Monet's Garden that I have had for many years and I still love!!

Even when we remodeled almost the entire downstairs several years ago, I kept that color scheme because I love it.

I painted the walls and the ceiling a deep peach.....
Below the chair rail , I did a stipled effect using peach and aqua.......
 And I also used the same technique on the paneled brick wall but added a 3rd color.......
A deep beige that matches the color of our sofa and chairs......

For the Summer, I changed the drapes out with peach lace curtains......
 I already shared my Summer "Under the Sea" Tree...

And I shared my Summer LED Branch Tree.....
 I also added touches of aqua to this area of the Living Room.......
 Most of the pictures on the walls are old Home Interior pictures that I bought when the color "teal" was popular........
 Now, 20+ years later, it is called aqua..........
 I changed out the gold candles that I had in the sconces on each side of the hutch for aqua ones ......
 I added different aqua items to the inside in the hutch........
 Glassware and candles.........
My "Art Gallery"that I have had here for many years.........
As I mentioned before, I decorated the LED Branch Tree with aqua ornaments......
Down the hall way from the living Room to the Kitchen, there is a mirror on the wall between the coat closet and the Powder Room door that I usually decorate with a wreath for various Seasons and Holidays.......
I made this wreath some time ago and since I had some aqua flowers left over from my "Under the Sea" projects, I decided to add them to this wreath.......
I also added some white flowers......
I also added these same aqua flowers to existing vignettes through out the Living Room.......
In a previous post, I shared this wreath that I made........
More aqua colored candles......
I also shared my "Under the Sea" Tree.......
And how I decorated around the Tree........
And underneath the Tree.......
More touches of aqua......
My "Stroll in the Park" display on top of the TV Entertainment Center with aqua mercury glass candlesticks.............
And a few more aqua accents......
I know that my style , which is what I call Romantic Victorian, is not the style of the day......

But I am seeing more florals and lace appearing in fashion and when that happens, changes in Home Decor usually follow......

So I just may be in style again because styles usually come around again every 20 -25 years......

This is the style that makes my heart sing so It is always in style for me!!

In my next post, I will share how my late Summer decor in the Living Room looks in the Evening......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Feathered Nest Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Aqua, teal, blue. . .whatever the hue, it's a very pretty color. I use blues as accent colors in my decor as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aqua and it's family of varying hues is quite the accent color these days! I'm seeing it everywhere, from flooring, to dishes and even towels and curtains! You've done a fabulous job in using it throughout your home, Debbie! It really is a lovely color to use in décor. And it even goes great with purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your touches of aqua, it's such a popular color trend right now. Of course, your tree is the real eye catcher! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, so amazing how a few pieces of aqua can change the whole feel to the room. Great summer color and perfect to go with your gorgeous tree! Hope you are having a great week. Don't work too hard and be sure to take care of you and Joe! ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pretty little touches or aqua you have used are a great touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is so pretty Debbie and I love your under the sea tree :) Thanks for sharing at the Creative Monday linkup

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved reading your beautiful post what a great use of blue
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty touches of aqua blues! Your under the sea tree is amazing...I've always wanted to do a fall tree, maybe this year I will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't ever change your style Debbie, it completely you - full of beautiful surprises and unique treasures. Like you my friend. You are a real treasure and I'm really glad I found you on this big internet of ideas. Hope you and your family have a wonderful week. Enjoy the last days of Summer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the aqua and peach together and your pretty wreath, Debbie! Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The aqua is a beautiful addition. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love aqua color!!! Your space is full of surprises and little treasures!!!

    Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...