I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Garden Themed "Hearth" , My Very Own Bed and Breakfast

Welcome!!!

 This post is part of my series, My Very Own Bed and Breakfast.....

As I have mentioned many times before, I am a Victorian Soul and the Dining Room is the one room in our townhouse that in my opinion, is the most Victorian looking room........

But before I go any further, I would like to explain my decision for decorating my home in the Victorian fashion.........

Several years ago, I realized that due to numerous health issues, traveling would no longer be something that I would be able to do....

So I decided to turn our 1970's townhouse into my very own vacation home......

I love the Victorian Era and would love nothing more then to stay in Victorian Bed and Breakfast Homes.......

So I decided that our home would become my very own Victorian Bed and Breakfast and I would then feel as if I was on vacation every time I walked through the front door.......

 I have been decorating the Sitting Room in a Garden theme for the Summer after I hung this wreath that I made on the door of the Sitting Room....

But first, I want to Thank Katherine, over at Katherine's Corner, for featuring my post,  Spring Blooms in the Front Yard, from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Party!!!
 Thanks so much, Katherine!!

Please take some time to stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

In my last post, I shared my Garden Tea Table in the corner of the Sitting Room
Click HERE if you missed this post.......

Some time ago, I shared how I decorated the "mantle" of my faux fire place in a Fairy Garden theme.........
Click HERE if you missed that post.......

When I took the photos for that post, I did not have all the lights lit on the mantle.....
I will be doing a post in the future showcasing the entire faux fire place lit in the Evening......
Today, I will be sharing how I decorated the "hearth" area of the faux fire place in a Summer Garden theme........
I did not want to spent too much on this so I looked around the house to see what I could use......
I found these 2 Thomas Kinkade pots that I bought several years ago at the Christmas Tree Shop on Clearance for $1.00 each!!
I wanted to add a little height to them since I wanted to keep the large lantern that I used at Christmas time in the center of the hearth......
 I then found these wood candle sticks in my stash and I spray painted them white........
Using E 6000 glue, I glued the Thomas Kinkade pots to the candle sticks......
 I filled them with just some simple faux greenery.......
I think doing this raised the pots to the perfect height that I was looking for......
Okay, let's take a closer look........
I did buy these 2 Garden plaques at Dollar Tree, hanging them from the knobs on the drop down shelf.........
In the center, I hung a cute See Packet ornament that I already had......
And a sweet Fairy ornament that I also already had.......
 You can see that I also strung Fairy lights through out the display in the hearth.......
I added Butterfly ornaments that I bought on Clearance after Christmas at Walmart for 45 cents each to the greenery in the pots.........
The green ones will be used in the Craft Room......

You see the pots are now the perfect height ......
On top of the lantern, is a new Fairy House that I bought at Big Lot's that was marked down 30% off to $7.00 and I had a Rewards coupon for $5.00 off of $15.00 so that made it even cheaper......

You can see that it fits perfectly on top of the lantern.......
A cute fairy that I already had and a Flower Seed packet were added to the display......
The newly created pots sit on each side of the lantern.....
Let's take a look at the left side......
The pink glittered butterfly just sparkles with the Fairy lights on.....
I actually was able to place the candle stick base into clay pots that I recent bought for 25 cents each at my church flea market!!
I placed another Flower Seed packet in the pot and a cute bird sits in front....
The lantern in the center was an item that a neighbor was throwing away and it found it's way to my house!!!
I placed a bird's nest inside of it......
And then dangled fairy lights down inside of it.......

Over on the right side......
 The other pot ...
Again, another Flower Seed packet and bird.......
And there you have it........
How I decorated the hearth area of my faux fire place in a Garden theme with a Fairy or 2.......
By using what I had and spending under $10.00, I think it all came together!!!
And as always, Mr. and Mrs. Bear sit in front of the fire place enjoying a cup of Tea!!!
My son's Cabbage Patch dolls sit on each side......
In future posts, I will be sharing how magical it looks lit up in the evening........

And I also will be sharing more of the Sitting Room, decorated in a Garden theme for the Summer, including this Garden chandy.......
  My Tea Cup shelf.......
And a few more things......

So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party!
Make It Pretty Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Reader Tip Tuesday Party
Keep in Touch Party

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
   Awesome Life Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Home Sweet Home Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
Share It One More Time Inspiration Party
 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea to put a garden in your hearth.....the addition of lights and fairies was genius, my friend! I brought a case of the flu back with me from the lake and have been down most of the week. I felt better today and got out for a few yard sales.....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Debbie! I just love your garden theme! Those pixies and lights give it a magical feeling! Tucking the seed packets here and there is absolutely brilliant! I think I will be more careful when I am planting seeds and attempt to frame some of the packets. I am always inspired by your beautiful arrangements! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so much fun stuff. I love to look at each photo for a long time and see all the tiny things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am reminded by your seed packet that I must pick up some aster seeds. Lovely fireplace and I know it's bound to glisten late in the evening when lights are low. We must bring the garden inside these days as the rain will never stop it seems. I am still having to check my moderation page as I am not getting a reminder of comments in my email. I am wondering if we ever will now.
    Happy Sunday
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie!! you really have eyes! the way you searched out everything from the market and decorated everything it is really praiseworthy.. love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You decorated everything in a such awesome way
    Hugh

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely. Everything is just breathtaking. I love the addition of the seed packets! Very cute idea.
    You always find such bargains. I wanna go shopping with you! Thanks for sharing your sweet home.
    It's always a fun visit. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely. Everything is just breathtaking. I love the addition of the seed packets! Very cute idea.
    You always find such bargains. I wanna go shopping with you! Thanks for sharing your sweet home.
    It's always a fun visit. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your bed and breakfast and I would love to be able to just take in all that beauty in your bed and breakfast. I really love that wreath too! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, your fairies are so cute and I really like how you elevated your pots on the candle sticks. Where there is a will, there is a way! Thanks for your visit and sweet words. Looks like Blogger hasn't fixed anything yet. If it goes on, next week I will just answer on my blog. I meant to do that this week, but forgot to mention on my post that I would do that. Or I may just do like NanaDiana is doing and wait to post until it gets fixed..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I love all the little fairy decor you have. Your home looks like the interior of a Victorian era shop, where woman can browse, relax, and look at all kinds of pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I really love all the flowers.
    #embracingchangelinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love anything garden themed. This is really fun Debbie! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful hearth, Deb & I love that wreath! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fairy garden on the mantel is such a creative idea. You definitely seem to enjoy your home so much. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your garden theme! What a great find in the clearance section! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...