I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, August 21, 2017

An Evening "Under the Sea"

Welcome!!!

Today, I will be sharing the last post on how I decorated the Living Room for late Summer.......

But first, I want to Thank these hosts for featuring my post, My Summer "Under the Sea"Tree  , from last week's Link parties!!

Thanks to Laurie, over at My Husband Has Too Hobbies, for featuring it from last week's Snickerdoodle Create-Bake-Make Party!!
Thanks, Laurie!!

I also want to Thank Kathy, over on Life on Lakeshore Drive, for featuring it from last week's Bouquet of Talent Party!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!

And I also want to Thank Create with Joy for featuring it from last week's Inspire Me Monday!!
Thanks so much to all these hosts!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!

This is my Summer "Under the Sea" Tree that was featured......
Today, I am sharing how it looks in the evening all lit up!!
I always say that I love the glow from a Tree in the evening.......
Here's some close ups.......
This is how the area under the Tree is decorated.......
I call it the "Beach".....

Here it is in the evening.........
There are 3 mirrors that reflect the lights beautifully!!
After I did the post about this area, I did buy one more thing.....

A light up anchor that was on Clearance in Big Lot's for $10!!!!!
And lit up in the evening!!
I just may add a few shells to it!!

This pedestal sits next the Tree........
And in the evening.....
This is the chair that I decorated on the other side of the Tree......
When the candles come on by timer.......
This Tree is not the only Tree in the Living Room right now........
I also shared how I decorated the LED Branch Tree with butterfly, dragonflies and bird ornaments......
I love how it looks in the evening.......
And another area in the Living Room that is decorated for late Summer is the top of the TV Entertainment Center.......
This how my "Stroll in the Park" display looks all lit up.......
And that completes my posts on my late Summer Living Room decor......

Did you get to see the Solar Eclipse????

NEPA was in the area of 72% Totality.......

We enjoyed the event with our oldest son , Joey, who has been interested in Science since he was a young child.......

This is Joey setting up the telescope we bought him for his Confirmation, over 20 years ago, in our back yard.......
The angle to see the Solar Eclipse through the telescope with a solar filter on would have been back breaking.........
Joey is now instructing us how to look at the eclipse through the solar filter........
Joe, looking at the Solar Eclipse through a solar filter.......
Joey, as he said, becoming "little Joey Barna" once again enjoying the event with all the wonderment of a child!!!
We then moved out in front of our row of townhouses in our parking lot to get a better view at the peak viewing time!!
Joe, enjoying a soda and sitting in the back of his SUV, waiting for the peak viewing time!!
Aw...... the joy of being retired!!

It was a fun afternoon for our family topped off with me making cheese steak sandwiches afterward!!!

In future posts, I will be sharing how our back yard cottage garden looks in late Summer.........
 Fall merchandise at Gabes and what I have been bought for the upcoming Fall/Halloween Season.....
 And some Fall/Halloween crafts that I have been working on.......
 So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Feathered Nest Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
 
 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

10 comments:

  1. Wow what a lot of work to decorate for the under the sea idea, but it looks very interesting and you did it in such a creative way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it could get any better....and then you lit it up...lol! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your sea theme. Those blues are so pretty. Hoping you are doing well. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is so pretty lit up. Thank you for taking the time to show us all. What a lot of work. Can't wait to see what you do for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for your kind comment! I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am responding here..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Your under the sea collection looks just magical with all of the lights! Sounds like a fun family day watching the eclipse! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So So beautiful.. I love your collections..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/2012/06/my-little-son.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lights make everything look so magical Debbie! Thank you for sharing this beautiful 'sea tree' with us at #overthemoon link party. Always great to have you along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks fabulous all lit up! It looks so lively with all those 'under the sea' elements. Really makes things come alive :) You are one creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a great job with your tree Debbie, it looks stunning. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...