I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

We Shall Never Forget, My Memory of the World Trade Center

We Shall Never Forget.......

I am sure we all have our memories of where we were, what we were doing and how we reacted on 9/11/2001.

Living only a 2 hour drive from New York City, it hit our area hard as many residents of our area worked in NYC and some were lost in the World Trade Center Towers.
As a young girl of 20 years old in 1978, I visited NYC when my School of Nursing Class decided to celebrate our Graduation with a trip to see the Broadway Show Grease and then afterward dine at Windows of the World, the restaurant on the top of 2 floors (106th and 107th) of the North Tower!
 It is something that I will never forget because there we were..........

A bunch of naive 20 year olds from Wilkes Barre, Pa. dining among New York's Elite!

The following are photos that I took off the Internet as I do recall if I took photos but will look to see if I did......
When we arrived, it was about 5:00 pm and still day time......
 The views were amazing ........
 Like nothing I had ever seen before nor will I ever again.....
It was truly an amazing place......
I chose Lobster Newburg and it was divine!!

Then Night Time fell and what a sight!!
 How amazing and breath taking was the NYC skyline at night!!!
 On 9/11, it was especially hard to watch as each tower fell.......
 Remembering that I was once there.......
 It is still hard to believe.......

 And then to hear about the attack on the Pentagon......
My Nephew was and still is a Professional Firefighter in Maryland and was initially called to the Pentagon but later was called back as the Rescue effort was handled by the Government.....

It was then even more shocking to hear of the 3rd plane, Flight 93, brought down in Shanksville, Pa., the state in which I live.......
 It was a terrifying time when we sat, as all of America did, glued to the TV.

We were on vacation for the first 2 weeks of September that year and had no plans so we sat immobilized, watching all the horrible images on TV.

I feel that I was very privileged to have visited the World Trade Center Towers........

Leaving me with a memory that I will have for the rest of my life......
We shall never forget......

 I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

Five Star Frou Frou Party-permanently open, link up anytime!!

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party
The Homesteader Hop

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Creative Ways Link Party
 Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party



Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

18 comments:

  1. Yes, a sad day indeed. My brother is a firemedic in Fla. and his unit headed to NY as soon as it happened, not a thought about safety or anything. They hopped in to their firetruck and came north. Thank you for such a lovely post, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful memory of NYC. I've never been there, but as I posted today on my blog, that day changed my life forever. Indeed, we shall never, ever forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an event that shocked the world. The world cannot forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tribute, Debbie, and a remembrance you'll have in your heart for always.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is neat that you visited the towers before that date. Very nice pictures and memories. Our son had just finished up with rookie school that week and he has been with the fire department ever since. My husband is also a firefighter. Very tragic events that day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, this is a touching salute. Thank you for sharing your memories. It was a horrible day that we will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a very tragic day...never forget
    Hugs ALessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like you and most Americans who were alive at the time of the 9/11/2001 attacks, can tell you exactly where they were while this onslaught was taking place. I was the first in my office to know there was something terrible happening. My sweet daughter called me and told me she was watching television and that there was news of an airplane flying into a building in N.Y. As we spoke, she watched in horror as the second plane struck. We knew then, it was no accident. The rest of the day and for weeks, even months, I think we were all somewhat in shock and disbelief that such a thing could have actually occurred in our beloved homeland. Your post is beautiful, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was such a sad day that no one will ever forget! It's hard to believe that it has been 15 years already.
    Thanks for joining us this week at the Merry Monday link party!
    We hope you can join us again next week!
    Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie, Your post about your visit to the twin towers to eat at 'Windows of the World' is very interesting. Imagine how it all ended on one terrible day. We will never forget. Thank you for sharing your experience and memories. A very lovely tribute as well.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were stationed at McGuire AFB in New Jersey when it all happened and it was quite scary because they were worried someone may want to hit the base. Memories are something they can never take away from us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think most of us will never forget what we were doing when we heard the news. Thank you for sharing your memories of a happier time in NY!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a day that will be forever etched in our memories. I was trying to fly to Japan that day and was in Chicago waiting for my next flight. When this happened, one of the men that was sitting near me, said he had just been on top of the WTC the day before. Talk about being lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a tragic day and one that it is still hard to believe happened. So many lives lost and heroes were definitely born. A day we will never forget! Thanks for sharing your memory with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie I am a New Yorker. Althought I was not born there I spent my formative years in NY, got married there and had 2 boys. We moved to Greece 20 years ago and a few days before leaving I took the boys up to the top of the towers to visit. Imagine my horror as I watched these incredible buildings come tumbling down. We will never forget Debbie. It breaks my heart to this day to think of what happened. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an important reminder, Debbie. Thank you for sharing @ Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your memories Debbie! I know it is a day we will never forget. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great tribute! Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...