I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, May 27, 2016

The Front Yard is Ready For Summer

   In my previous post, I shared how the front porch looks now that I finally was able to get it ready for the Summer months!!

 If you missed that post, please click HERE


In this post, I would like to share how my Flower Bed under the Living Room window and my small Front Yard Flower Bed looks now that it has finally gotten warm enough to plant my annuals and to put out my Yard Art!!

But first, I want to Thank several hosts who were kind enough to feature 2 of my posts from last week's Linky parties!!

First I want to Thank the hosts of the Thoughts of Home Linky Party for featuring my post, Spring Blooms in the Front Yard and for including such kind words about me and my blog!!!
Thanks so much to Laura over at Decor to Adore, Jemma over at At Home with Jemma, Laura over at White Spray Paint and Stacey at Poofing the Pillows!!

And Thanks to Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring the same post, from last week's Friday Feature Linky Party!!
Thanks a bunch, Karren!!

And I want to Thank the hosts of Share Your Cup Thursday Linky Party, for featuring my post, Vintage Fiesta Ware?!
Thanks to Jann over at Have a Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olsen, Jo over at Anne's Attic Design and Carol over at Art and Sand!!

Please take some time to link up to these wonderful parties!!

The ladies of both the Share Your Cup Thursday Party and Thoughts of Home Party team up monthly for a Garden Party that you all must check out and link up to!! Click HERE to link up to this month's party!!

Now back to my front flower beds......

I live in a townhouse and have very little yard  space.......

This is the flower bed under our Living Room window.........
It is a small space.......
I have 2 flower boxes on each side that I planted with annuals.......

In keeping with the red, orange, yellow and white color theme for the front of the house, I  planted 4 red begonias and 2 dusty millers in each flower box......
 I tried not to over plant this year and last year they filled in beautifully........
 The new solar light bird bath that I bought at Big Lot's.......
 2 fairies on each side.....

I may add a small pot of flowers by each solar light for more color......

A solar lantern hangs behind the bird bath......
 The 2 large urns that sit on the wall between my neighbor's and my front yard......
 My church was throwing these urns out a few years ago and I "rescued " them!!
 Again, I did not over plant these urns either........
   A holder with a small pot filled with hens and chicks and a solar light were added to each urn......
2 red geraniums, 2 dusty millers and 2 yellow marigolds were panted in each urn.....
The flower box on this side of the flower bed.....
 I have a large slope in front of our home and I shared pictures of it with the pylox in bloom in a previous post......
 This is the flower bed on top of the slope.......
We have been having rain showers daily even though we have had temps. in the 70's and now in the 80's!!

  My Rhododendron in the flower bed in front of the house is finally starting to bloom........
The azaleas are starting to lose their blooms........
A sweet garden angel sits on the side of the azalea.......
This azalea bloomed beautifully this year!!
A few bunnies and a solar rock.......
My garden bench that I bought at Big Lot's several years ago.......
I panted 1 red geranium, 2 yellow marigolds and 1 dusty miller in the large black pot and 2 red geraniums in the smaller pot.......
 A lantern and fairy also sit on the bench!
Pots filled with hens and chicks flank the bench.....
 A Doggie angel , "Our Beloved Pet' memory stone, a stepping stone that says "Angels Gather Here" and another angel sit underneath the bench..........

Moving down the flower bed......
My chippy garden angel and another fairy..........
I bought this angel many years ago at Target after Christmas on Clearance!!
This sweet fairy was a gift from a friend!!
I painted this planter last fall and used it in a Fall display in the flower bed under the Living Room window......
I decided to place it here for the Summer.....
In a pot in the Welcome planter , I planted 1 red geranium, 2 yellow marigolds and a dusty miller......I may add another dusty miller to it!

A solar lantern and mini flag hang above it....
What's that to the right of the deer????????


No , that is not another piece of Yard Art!!

It is our resident Baby Bunny!!!!
 We have a baby bunny that has made it's home in our front flower bed!!!.....
Isn't he sweet???????
He's eating my asters though!!
Yep! He ate that whole leaf!!
 He enjoyed those asters so much that they now look like this!!!!!
Yikes!!!

Here he is on the front porch!!!
He has gotten so used to Joe sitting on the front porch that he now almost sits at Joe's feet!!!!

We do have to watch when we open our front door so he doesn't run into the house!!!

He is now so comfortable with us that he let me take these photos standing only about 2 feet away from him!!
 Too Cute!!!!
 He also likes the pylox and the azalea blooms!!!
That is a lump of Pennsylvania Coal that I have in the flower bed!!
 He can eat all the fallen azalea blooms he wants!!
 And speaking of babies........

Let me introduce you to the 2nd pair of Morning Dove Babies that have been born in my pot outside of the Den window in the corner of the patio!!!
 Through the window......
 Taken outside in the patio, the parent birds are already leaving them alone for short periods!!
 And these were taken about 6 am the other morning.....
 Other parent bird not far away......
 And then the whole family together!!
 I will keep you all updated on how my flowers will be growing and filling in and how all my "babies" are growing!!!

LOL!!

In my next post, I will be sharing my Patriotic decorations for the Summer!!!

 I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
 I am linking up to these weekly parties:


Spring Inspirations Linky Party 


May Garden Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party

Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...