I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, May 13, 2016

Spring Blooms in the Front Yard........

  In a previous post, I shared how the large slope in front of our townhouse looks with the pylox in bloom.......
 We have had a lot of rain and temps. in the 50's for the past 2 weeks.......
However, over the last 3 days, the temps. soared into the 70's and even hit 80 one day!!

Of course, I was working!!
The buds on my azaleas in the front flower bed in front of our house are popping open and are bursting with color!!

Here you can see 2 of them at the top of the slope from our parking lot......
This is how they look up on the side walk in front of our house.......
They are not quite fully opened but still look lovely!!
Love this bright pink color!!
My Deer Couple was bought by Joe 2 years ago in Wegmans for 75% off after Christmas!!
I did get to put out my Yard Art in the front of the house......
A mini flag and lantern also bought at Wegmans on clearance.......

The gazing ball was bought at Big Lot's.....
My pots are ready to plant my annuals in but a cold front is moving in and the temps. will be dropping into the 30's for the next few mornings so I am still fearful of frost.
Hopefully, next week, I will be able to buy my annuals....at least for the front.....

This is looking down the slope from the top.......
When this white azalea fully opens up, it will look like a fluffy snow ball!!

At the end of last Summer, I did get rid of some of my older yard art pieces in an attempt to simplify a bit.....
I had to have a fairy in the front flower bed!!
Another lantern......
And this red beauty!!

Again , looking up from our parking lot.....
The rhododenderon to the far right will be the next to bloom......

We bought a new Bird Bath for the flower bed under the Living Room window at Big Lot's this season......
It is stained glass with a solar light and looks lovely when lit up at night!!
They have several different patterns but I liked the butterflies the best!!
And my hens and chicks really did well over this Winter because it was not a harsh Winter.
The Front Porch is also all set up and ready for the season but I will hold off on sharing it with you until I can get my annuals planted.

I am going to stick with the same red, yellow and white theme in flowers in the front like I did last year......

I have also been trying to get the back patio and yard ready for Summer but now that I am finally off for 2 days, it will be raining and cold again!!

Maybe next week......

I did order something using the Amazon Gift Card that my son, Joey , gave me for Mother's Day......
Now what could I possibly be doing with this??????
You will have to come by and visit  again to find out!!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
 I am linking up to these weekly parties:


Spring Inspirations Linky Party 


May Garden Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party

Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...