I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

St. Patrick's Day China Cupboard, 2016

 In my last post, I showed you how I decorated a St. Patrick's Day Tree in the Den.......
 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 I decided to decorate the china cupboard in the Den for St. Patrick's Day!!
 The china cupboard looked like this when it was decorated for Winter.......
It now looks like this!!
 All decorated for St. Patrick's Day!!
 I hung a wreath and a shamrock on each side of the china cupboard......
  I bought this cute shamrock at a yard sale and freshened it up a bit with some new flowers and a little fluffing of the ribbon........
 It looks like it was made by attaching 3 hearts together in the center, creating a clover!!
 I also hung a wreath and Dollar Tree plaque on the door of the china cupboard......
 I made the wreath a few years ago and spruced it up a bit by adding more flowers, changing the ribbon to green and white decor mesh to match my St. Patrick's Day Tree topper.....
 And adding some glittered shamrocks and leprechaun hats!!

I decided to decorate the inside of the china cupboard using my Green dishes that I bought at church flea markets and Salvation Army!!
Most are stamped " The Old Curiosity Shop" but a few are stamped" Colonial Homestead" by Royal.....
  I like to use them at Christmas time because they remind me of a Charles Dicken's like village but they also remind me of a quaint village in Ireland too!!!

Top shelf.......
  I used 2 white mugs , one says Coffee and one says Tea ( bought in T.J.Max), topped off with some green carnations, party hats favors from Dollar Tree and green foil paper shamrocks......
Middle shelf.....
A sugar bowl and creamer that matches the mugs on the shelf above it......
A green depression glass bowl........
  Bottom shelf........
The matching tea pot........
I also decorated underneath the china cupboard........
Once again, using 2 vintage suitcases.....
A sweet Irish Lass sits on the little round table.......
One several vintage postcards.......
I covered the blue and burgundy plaid chair with a St. Patrick's Day dish towel and sat a sweet lady Bear in it!!
On the top suitcase.......
Another vintage postcard......
 An Lefton Irish cup and a friendly little Leprechaun!!
  Another green depression glass bowl.....
 Another vintage postcard.....
   And another one under the pedestal ........
 On the bottom suitcase.......
 A sweet Bear wearing a shamrock sweater......
 A card that I had once received........
And now, I am ready to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!!
St. Patrick's Day Celebrations here in NEPA start in the beginning of March with parades and parties in various towns and cities every weekend in March!!

The Scranton St. Patrick's Day Parade, which will be held March 12th, is the" 2nd largest in the nation in cities with a population over 50,000 as measured by participants per population of the city.   Savannah, GA is first."

Images Courtesy of The Times Tribune Newspaper
I enjoy watching it on TV as one of the local TV stations televise it Live!!

There was a large population of Irish immigrants who came to this area in the early 1800's and then were followed by another influx of immigrants who came this time from Eastern Europe in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

This area is rich in the customs of not only the Irish but the Polish, Russian, Italian and Slovak immigrants that settled here.

However, with Easter falling on March 27 this year, the month long St. Patrick's Day Celebrations will be cut short.

I  like to leave up my Valentine's Decorations until the end of Feb. I will start taking them down now as I have 2 days off.  I worked a 3 day stretch in the beginning of the week so I did not have time to start to do that yet.

In the beginning of next week, when I have 3 days off, I will start my Easter decorating.  It may take me awhile as I have not decorated for Easter for a few years and I forgot what I had and where I displayed it!!!

I will be leaving up my Easter decorations until at least mid April.......

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
 I am linking up to these weekly parties:

Annual St. Patrick's Day Blog Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...