I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, November 2, 2015

Guest Room Update, Part 3

Today, I am going to share more of my Guest Room Update!!
 
  I started this Series on my Guest Room back in August.......

As I mentioned in Part 1, I recently re-arranged this room............AGAIN!!

Click HERE to see Part 1 if you missed it.......
  Click HERE to see Part 2 if you missed it.......

  It seems like I am always re-doing this room.........
  I think this time, except for having to paint a few furniture pieces next Spring, I finally have this room the way I want it.....
 We last left off here.......
  In this corner........
   At the Curio......
  Above the Corner curio is a shelf......
The Curio was my dear neighbor Elly's......
I have some of my Angel Collection and Yellow Depression Glass on display inside of it......
Along with a few Tea Cups from my Tea Cup Collection!!
As I have said before, this is what I call my Bed and Breakfast Room........
And what Bed and Breakfast would not have a Tea Table!!
To the side of this table is a chair that I re-did a long time ago.......
 I bought it at Salvation Army and spray painted it and used a tablecloth for the fabric for the seat and back......
See the Tussie Mussie that I made.......
I also covered the lamp shade using the same tablecloth as I did on the chair......
The lamp was a Flea Market find and the Tea Set was bought at a Yard Sale.....
The Vintage Tablecloth that I used as a topper was also bought at a Flea Market......
Over by the closet which is now used for storage......
 Above the closet.....
On the shelves which once housed my son Jim's Electronic equipment......

It was his room.......
Top shelf........
Bottom shelf......
 The Nurse figurine was given to me by my "Big Sister" when I entered training, as it was once called, at a hospital based School of Nursing.

It was tradition that every Freshman be assigned to a Junior ( it was a 3 year program) and that junior acted as a "Big Sister" and took the freshman under her wing so to speak......

She wrote her name and date on the bottom of it.......

That was 40 years ago..........

OMG!!!!

The book case that  my Dad made........
This bookcase once held all my Golden Books when I was a child.

When we first got married, I used this room as a Sitting Room and had the bookcase in here.

Then it was moved to the Den when I had my youngest son and later was used for toy storage since the Den was their play room.
When I bought new furniture for the Den as the boys got older, I gave the book case to my neighbor Elly and I forgot about it.......

Until I realized that the book case in Elly's Living Room was once mine.

Joe and I are taking care of Elly's house as her sons both live away and Elly is in a Nursing Home near her son in Philly.
It is because of this that they gave me 3 curios and let me take my book case back.

I do plan on painting it white in the Spring.......

You can see that I used it to display a lot of my Decorating Books......

On top of the book case......
Hanging on the mirror on the closet.....
And this concludes Part 3 of my Guest Room Update.......

In Part 4, I will be sharing Minvera......
And my Fake Fireplace!!
I have a secret.......

This room does not look like this now.........

You can read about it by clicking HERE

So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

Special Announcement:

Please link up to my friend Sandi's new linky party!!
Sandi, over at Rose Chintz Cottage, has decided to bring back her Home party, which she once hosted, and combine it with her Tea Time Tuesday party, creating a Brand New Party called No Place Like Home!!

What to link up???

Sandi said it best...

"Anything and everything which makes your home more enjoyable to come home to, for your family, your friends, and yourself. 

There really is No Place Like Home."

Be sure to link up to this wonderful new party hosted by a gracious Lady!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie


I am linking up to these weekly parties:

TUESDAY
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday

THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Friday Features Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
  Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
  Pink Saturday
 Best of the Weekend Party
  The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
  Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sundays Down Under
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
    Blue Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...