I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, February 6, 2012

DRESS FORMS and MINI TEA CUPS and TEA POTS!

Dress Forms......

I think we all pretty much love them, don't we? So much so that Carol over at
The Polka Dot Closet decided to have a Dress Form Party!!

What a grand idea!!

I have a few.......

This is Minerva.......

She is a wicker dress form that I bought several years ago in a Consignment Shop.

I had recently purchased a lace dress at a Costume Shop on clearance for a mere $5.00 and I knew the wicker dress form would be perfect for the dress....

After Christmas, I tea dyed this beautiful lace dress because it was stark white. I wanted to give it a more aged look. I think that I will again try tea dying it to change the color to a more beige....

I made the hat and OOOPS!!
You can see the styrofoam ball I use as a head.....

The darling little tea cup pin was given to me by Martha of Martha's Favorites when I won one of her giveaways.....

The black bow was actually a hair barrett.....

I bought the parasol on Ebay....

I used peach accessories because Minerva usually lives in my peach Living Room except at Christmas time....

And at night, there is an uplight underneath her......


My second dress form is a seamstress one that I bought at a yard sale for a mere $1.00!

I have this one in my bedroom with my wedding gown displayed on it....


I did not want my wedding gown to look like a wedding gown so I sort of disguised it a bit by adding a hat, a shawl and a pink scarf....



The pink scarf was a yard sale find....

The pretty flower pin was gifted to me by my friend, Rose Marie, who passed away before Christmas.

I also displayed some other pins on this dress form....



And gloves and a fan of course....

The ruffle at the bottom of the gown....

I think it beats having my wedding dress stuck in a bag up in the attic, don't you?

I have a few other smaller dress forms in my bedroom also.....

This is a paper mache dress form that I bought in a Thrift shop and decoupaged wrapping paper over ....

And then added a vintage bracelet as a necklace....

And I also have a dress form jewelry stand in my Bedroom.....

I have displayed one of Joe's Grandmother 's vintage beaded collars on it....

And I do have another dress form jewelry stand in the Guest room.....



Well, that is all of my dress forms.....

Please be sure to visit and maybe join in on The Dress Form Party over at The Polka Dot Closet!!

Soon to some mini tea cups and teapots.....

In my last post, I showed you my Den Valentine's Day tree.....

Among the toile hearts are also some transferware mini tea cup and tea pot ornaments.....



Don't you just love the cupid on this one???



And I also want to share this flea market find that i paid $1.00 for with you.....

I just love mini Tea Sets....

Isn't this one so cute with the red cardinals in it???

I thought it would be a perfect match for my Winter Bird House tree in my kitchen....

And we celebrated my Birthday on Sunday with a pizza and wings party....

That is Danielle and Jim....

Joe and Joey......


Can you tell that my Joey loves to get his picture taken???
Can't really say that for Joe now, can I??? LOL!

Having all of my family with me is ALWAYS the best Birthday gift anyone could give me!

Thanks so much to everyone who wished me well. I am feeling okay but still not myself and I still get that pain and bloating after eating. As I mentioned before, I see a Gastroenterologist on the 16th so I am just waiting.....

I do need to apologize to those I Follow if you do not see your blog on my Blog Roll. I am having trouble updating it and then I thought starting over would help . But I could not list any names on my Blog Roll after i deleted it. I was able to list some this morning but then Blogger stopped letting me do that. I am still trying to list the remaining names...... Does anyone know anything about this???

I am linking up to these great parties:

Cozy Home Party Tuesday

Home Decor and Organizing Link Party

Knick of Time Tuesday

Tea Time Tuesday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tabletop Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Rednesday

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Open House Party Thursday
Homemaking Link Up Party

Home Sweet Home Friday

Show and Tell Friday

Potpourri Friday

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Pink Saturday

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best

Woman Thing, the Link Party
Masterpiece Monday

Mod Vintage Mix Monday

Amaze Me Monday

Metamorphosis Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...