I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Stegmaier Mansion, Part Two , Details and the Back Yard

I am linking up Part Two of our Dream Stay at The Stegmaier Mansion from 2 years ago to The Tablescaper's   Oh, The Places I have Been Party


 Here is the original post.....

Hello!!

First off, Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments on my 1st post about our stay at the Stegmaier Mansion! I know Joe Matteo is so pleased with them!!

Before I continue the tour of the Stegmaier Mansion, I realize I forgot to tell you about my appointment with my surgeon.

The new hernia I have is a fatty hernia which means the risk of a bowel obstruction and emergency surgery is not as great as it was when I had the other 4 hernias repaired several years ago.
This means that I can put off surgery for awhile. I return to see him in Feb. and will decide then about surgery possibly in April.
If I will be able to work without any weight lifting restrictions will depend on what he finds once he opens me up. So I am good with all of this and we will just have to wait and see what he says in Feb.

Thanks you again for all of you well wishes!!

One last thing before I share more of the Stegmaier Mansion with you.

Yes, I felt the earthquake!! I was sitting at the computer and felt as if someone was pushing the back of my chair ever so slightly but what made me realize it was an earthquake was when I saw the fringe on the lace runner that I have on top of the computer armoire swaying...

I know this was nothing compared to the ones on the west coast but we are not used to this on the East Coast! Can you beleive that it caused a crack in the Washingtom Monument and in the National Cathedral!

It has been an exciting week here in Pa. ..... the earthquake, Pa.'s home team in the Little Leaque World Series in Williamsport, Pa. and Hurricane Irene!!

I am praying that everyone is safe and sound here on the East Coast and Irene has not caused you too many problems.

We lost internet service on Sunday but otherwise, that was it for us.
Now I am going to show pics of the grounds of the Stegmaier Mansion.....

Let me take you through the gate on the side of the building...

This is looking back out into the parking lot once you have walked through the gate....

There is not much land in the back as the Mansion is in the city but Joe Matteo has once again created an amazingly elegant space.....


As we continue to walk along the side of the mansion.....

Beautiful Garden Art.....

Yep, there I am.....


Have I mentioned that I need to lose a good 50-60 pounds??????

What a beautiful spot.....

Around the corner....



The fountain wasn't on this early in the morning....

Hubby Joe, sitting on the back porch...

This door leads into the library....

The back of the Mansion....



When we checked in, we were given keys to our room, keys to the front door of the Mansion and keys which open all gates around the Mansion....

So you are able to come and go as you please...

In Part One, I showed you our breakfast that was left outside our room door on Saturday morning.

Once again, on Sunday, when Joe opened the door to our room just a few minutes after 6:00 am, here is what we found waiting for us....


A hand written note " Parting is such sweet Sorrow".........
What a lovely personal touch.....


Bananas, danish and blueberry muffins......


They were wonderful....

And I don't eat breakfast normally!!
But I sure did during our stay at the mansion....

Now I am going to showcase our room, The Amelia Suite.

They say "The Devil is in the Details".

Here at the Mansion, "Heaven is in the Details" if you ask me!!!

Below, you can see one side of our room.

This pink beautiful chair on the side of the fireplace is the Ladies chair as it's arms are lower to accommodate the women's full skirts from that time period, allowing their shirts to flow over the sides of the chair....

In Part one, I showed you the terry robes for two in the closet and our fully stocked kitchenette.

There are drapes that you were able to pull shut, concealing the kitchenette and the closet area....

This is above the closet area....

Look at these beauties....


This mirror is between the closets....

Beautiful pieces....


Since my new camera has the feature to take pics in Sepia tone, I just had to use that feature here in the Mansion!!


This is the same area....


Drapery above the mirror that is above the fire place.....

Gold medallion and tassels...

Look at this mirror....


The mantle.....


A Peacock Medallion.....

Peacock feathers in vases flanking each side....

Stunning....

Table for Two.....


On the side of the Mirror....


Another Sepia tone picture....


Look at the ceiling....

Even the pipe was wallpapered to match....


I love the gold and the draperies.....


View of the bed....



I laid in bed and just stared at this magnificent ceiling.....



Now anyone of us could do this with a ceiling medallion.....
What inspiration!!

Look at the various colors and patterns of wall paper.....



This is to the left of the bed....

Stunning pieces.....



Molding on the walls is painted gold and several different colors is painted between the moldings....

Night stand ....

The canopy above the bed....



Breath taking....


Lining inside the canopy.....




Elegant pillows....

Chocolates on the bed....


Love how this runner is wrapped around this bolster pillow. You can do this on your bed......

Full Size Toiletries on a marble topped table at the bottom of the bed..........



Look at this bowl!!!

The table was flanked with a foot stool on each side. I did have to use one to step up into the bed.....

Look at this rug.......


The bed is actually placed in front of a window. This is one of the windows on one side of the bed....

The right side of the bed....

Behind the door leading into the Sitting Room......


The wall of stained glass windows in the Sitting Room of the Suite.....


Amazing in the afternoon...

Underneath the window.....


Looking into the Sitting Room....

This sofa was so comfy.....



Elegant Pillows....

A Writing Desk....


Art work on the wall above the Desk.....




I do love this lamp shade....



When we opened the desk, this is what we found....

A local newspaper from the 1800's!!

What a stunning ottoman...

That is a Gold Medal Beer Tray which was one of the beer brands made by the Stegmaier Brewery...

In this armoire is a TV hooked up to a DVD player so you could enjoy a movie...

We watched the King's Speech, an excellent movie!!

The ceiling in the Sitting Room....

Leaves me speechless!!!


As you walk outside of the Sitting Room....

This is the mate to the Ladies chair, the Gentleman's chair.
See the arms on the chair.....

Art work above the chair....

The vanity.....


Just look at this....

The gloves!!!!


Those lace gloves are mine that I wore to the Royal Wedding Tea.....



Now we are going into the bathroom....

The ceiling Medallion in the bathroom....


I know I showed you this sink before but it definitely warrants a second look.....

To the side of the sink.....

The light fixtures on each side of the huge mirror.....

Shower and tub area....


Just look at this....

There is a little hall way that you walk through to enter the bathroom. This is the ceiling in that Hall way......


Art work on the wall in this Hall way....

There is an alcove when you enter the room.

This is the ceiling in that alcove......


The walls of that alcove.....



You see the door into the room....

Two of these flank the entrance into the suite.....


What amazes me is all the different colors used in this room and yet it all looks wonderful!!

All the gold creates such a majestic feel!!

Click HERE for part 3 on the Mansion showing you the details in all the Public rooms downstairs and the exquisite staircase!

This was a much needed relaxing weekend for both Joe and I. It seems that for the past several years we have been going full steam ahead without a vacation.
Because of my health problems ,which also includes Gastric problems that I will not go into, traveling has become a huge problem for me.

So to be able to take a step back in time into the Era that I love, all within a 15 minute drive from my home , is pure Heaven!!

Once again, I want to THANK Joe Matteo for being such a gracious host during our stay!

He is a true artist in what he has done with this mansion when you think that it had been divided into 11 apartments and was painted all white when he bought it in 2001.

Joe Matteo actually lived in one of the apartments several years before he bought the mansion.

To read more about Joe Matteo's journey to fulfilling his dream of owning a Victorian Gilded Mansion, please click HERE to read the articles on the Stegmaier Mansion in Victorian Homes magazine.

I am linking up to these parties:

Amaze me Monday

Masterpiece Monday

Tabletop Tuesday

WOW Us Wednesday

Outdoor Wednesday

Cottage Flora Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday

Show and Tell Friday

Home Sweet Home Friday

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Pink Saturday

Seasonal Sunday

Travels Near and Far Party

Please stop in to visit these gracious hostess's and all those who are joining these wonderful parties!!

And to all my friends on the East Coast, I hope you are all safe and you are all in my prayers!!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...